• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 FULL E3 Video July 1st!

KKRT00

Thanks! Yes, the physics are really impressive, but i don't know why i don't like the visual aspect of the water. It looks like mercury..
Yep, looks isnt it the strongest point.

---
Water is pre-calculated for that specific scene in which user does not have control of the camera. Fancy detailed and well lit video effect that is played back when engine requests it.

Many AAA developers are starting to use such techniques this gen.

Yeah, thats why my previous comment about GeoCache like tech.
What is pretty awesome that Crytek is working on making geocache interactive and that could be something.
Really interested in Quantum Break tech, it looked ultra impressive.

--------
Good job picking the first screenshot on a Google search without the snow trail..

No, it was first screen in decent quality with snow.
---
Uh, that water looks clearly faked - just like the UC4 PSX waterfall.
No, it doesnt. Unless You know nothing about fluid simulation and cant see the difference.

tfur

Thanks! Yes, the physics are really impressive, but i don't know why i don't like the visual aspect of the water. It looks like mercury..

You do not like it because it does not look like water. Looks like incomplete shader work.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.

---

This i agree 100%! Quantum breaks looks like something i didn't expected this consoles to do. I 'm looking forward to the tech breakdown in the future.

You do not like it because it does not look like water. Looks like incomplete shader work.

Yes, might be something like this. Because the water on the far right side looks miles better.

Okay. I take everything back. I don't know what it was but first impressions for me were disappointing but re watching it now and its fucking amazing. I don't know maybe it was the weather earlier (extremely hot in UK) that made me not pay attention.

---

Yeah, thats why my previous comment about GeoCache like tech.
What is pretty awesome that Crytek is working on making geocache interactive and that could be something.

--------

No, it was first screen in decent quality with snow.
---

No, it doesnt. Unless You know nothing about fluid simulation and cant see the difference.

It does look super cool. The way they have done it is pretty damn clever, even if the destruction isn't properly dynamic and is pre-scripted. There seems to be more dynamic destructability in U4, but the mechanic in QB is cool.

SSReborn

Seems nobody has bothered to upload the QA part. Was anything of note said?
They basically echo'd alot of what was already really said however they did say

They've only shown glimpses of the rope but it's going to be integral to the gameplay

There is gonna be a photo mode

Those are the only two things off the top of my head that they said which was notable or new.

They basically echo'd alot of what was already really said however they did say

They've only shown glimpses of the rope but it's going to be integral to the gameplay

There is gonna be a photo mode

Those are the only two things off the top of my head that they said which was notable or new.
I also noticed in the comments section that ND said nathan is in his 40s now

Fitts

I don't think I'm going to watch this. I was on the fence before E3 and then the Sony conference demo completely sold me.

I think I'll stick to my general rule of going media blackout after a game has secured my purchased. I highly doubt there's any chance of this turning into a complete shit pile so... yeah.

Yeah they also gave a decent explanation on why they chose to stick to 30 over pushing for 60 in sp
I remember it...vaguely. it didn't sound like anything we hadn't heard before, something about "we want to make the best game possible and don't want to compromise player's experience"

Talking about water, there was a specific moment where water looked very impressive for me. It was a stream coming out of the rocks just before Drake enters the cave in the PSX demo. Not sure it's a trick or anything, but it's visually awesome and real.

Everything is a trick, it is just some are more like illusions while others are simulations.
Would you mind finding a time code of it in the PSX demo? I am curious what you mean.

KKRT00

How does the simulation in any way makes it more impressive if it's all pre-computed anyway?

Because it still interacts with environment and all the lighting within the game?
No other game has done this kind of water physics before, even if pre-computed. Its not really simple.
Read about geocache tech and how blend it with real-time physics.

---

It does look super cool. The way they have done it is pretty damn clever, even if the destruction isn't properly dynamic and is pre-scripted. There seems to be more dynamic destructability in U4, but the mechanic in QB is cool.

I'm still amazed by the deformation of whole blocks of static geometry when they are using powers in Quantum Break, it looks very good. I wonder how they do it.

Top Bottom