• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted (PS4) announced, developed by protozoans and Druckmann's evil karma

Kaswa101

Realistically, when can we expect an actual trailer for this? If memory serves, UC3 was revealed fully about a week or two after the tease, so I can't see them waiting for E3 to reveal this one. Are there any important conferences coming up or something?

Realistically, when can we expect an actual trailer for this? If memory serves, UC3 was revealed fully about a week or two after the tease, so I can't see them waiting for E3 to reveal this one. Are there any important conferences coming up or something?
There's the Playstation Meeting in February, it's possible to see it there.

I'm leaning towards E3 though.

There's the Playstation Meeting in February, it's possible to see it there.

I'm leaning towards E3 though.

I don't think they ''can'' wait that long. That would be quite the ways after InFamous and Driveclub already has released and there is only the Order to look foreward to for ''confirmed'' 2014 titles. They will most likely release trailers much sooner. February would indeed be a good spot or GDC but maan that's far away from such a lil teaser. I was surprised that they didn't have anything for VGX but eh.

I don't think they ''can'' wait that long. That would be quite the ways after InFamous and Driveclub already has released and there is only the Order to look foreward to for ''confirmed'' 2014 titles. They will most likely release trailers much sooner. February would indeed be a good spot or GDC but maan that's far away from such a lil teaser. I was surprised that they didn't have anything for VGX but eh.
Ehh, I don't think PS4 owners will see it that way really. I'm guessing Sony feels comfortable for third party studios to pick up the slack in between first party releases. There's also Watch Dogs and quite a few other games coming before E3.

Isn't that a retailer event? At least that's the impression I was under

Yeah, but Sony has announced stuff there in the past

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2009...rock-band-assassins-creed-more-coming-to-psp/
http://gematsu.com/2012/02/littlebigplanet-karting-announced-for-playstation-3

I'd expect a rather big showing from them since most of their retail catalog for next year is blank. The only confirmed retail 2014 PS4 titles they have right now are inFamous, DRIVECLUB, MLB and The Order.

blastprocessor

The Amiga Brotherhood
l would like to see a game play clip in the new year to generate some hype for the game. It does not need it but it will give a glimpse of the awesome visuals we'll come to expect on PS4.

Ehh, I don't think PS4 owners will see it that way really. I'm guessing Sony feels comfortable for third party studios to pick up the slack in between first party releases. There's also Watch Dogs and quite a few other games coming before E3.
It certainly would be interesting if UC4 is the big holiday title for them and the trailer is shown as late as E3. I wouldn't have as big a problem with that at all if they didn't show the friggin teaser at the launch event. I'd like to believe that ND/YOSP would not show a teeny teaser like that and go dark for 6+ months.

NeoROCK

I think this will be their big E3 game. Not sure if it'll be 2014 though.

It should be 2014.

By Nov '14, it will be 3 full years since ND made their last Uncharted.

Naughty Dog has already said they have some stuff to show "early 2014"

yeah for an exclusive TLOU is holding its own very well against a mainstream franchise like AssCreed

Not to mention that TLOU is a new IP while ACIV is the sixth game in the AC series.

Release this whenever it is ready. I could care less about release dates.

2014 is completely loaded and I will be backlogging for awhile so I am not going to be itching for a new game anytime soon.

First party titles, make them as high quality as we know they can and I'm happy. Just don't go all Ueda on us or anything lol.

NeoROCK

Sorry for the bump, but I'm really just wondering what all your predictions are on the technical aspects of this game.

I'm guessing:
1080p
30fps
Lots of destruction.

Kaswa101

It certainly would be interesting if UC4 is the big holiday title for them and the trailer is shown as late as E3. I wouldn't have as big a problem with that at all if they didn't show the friggin teaser at the launch event. I'd like to believe that ND/YOSP would not show a teeny teaser like that and go dark for 6+ months.

This. It wouldn't make sense to wait so long to release a proper trailer. As I said, UC3's full trailer was like two weeks after the reveal.

As for specs, I'm gonna go 1080p and 30fps too. This is ND, however, so it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they achieve 60fps. Hoping for MP to at least be 60fps though.

NastyBook

SP's a lock for greatness, so I'm not worried about that in the slightest. They need to take Fleet Foot out of fucking multiplayer, though. It's the shittiest booster in the world, and is insufferable when coupled with lag. Seeing ppl through walls has to go too.

AKyemeni

SP's a lock for greatness, so I'm not worried about that in the slightest. They need to take Fleet Foot out of fucking multiplayer, though. It's the shittiest booster in the world, and is insufferable when coupled with lag. Seeing ppl through walls has to go too.
Agreed.

i must say that i really wanted the UC Vita guys play a bigger role in the future for the series

I feel that UC Vita might be the second best entry of the series.

I personally feel that there is a big quality difference between 1 and 3 on the one side and 2 and vita on the other (2 and vita being the superior entries).

3 was an overall dissapointment after the strong entry that was 2. after playing vita I can say that it isnt just personal fatigue of the formula.

Seriously, does no one think they're going to change the series in any way?

Is it only me that thinks this game will be a departure to match the departure they make going from one generation to the next?

Kaswa101

So much this. I loved both MP's so far, but they drastically need to revamp the boosters/kickbacks if they return in UC4.

NeoROCK

Why do some of you think there will be very little destruction?

They started putting destruction in U3, and the multiplayer had "levolution" on a very small scale. BF4 actually copied that from Uncharted 3.

Now with so much more power, I think they're going to take it to the next level on PS4. Not in the sense that every building will get knocked down, but pretty much everything else will be fully destructible.

Why do some of you think there will be very little destruction?

They started putting destruction in U3, and the multiplayer had "levolution" on a very small scale. BF4 actually copied that from Uncharted 3.

Now with so much more power, I think they're going to take it to the next level on PS4. Not in the sense that every building will get knocked down, but pretty much everything else will be fully destructible.

What? BF4 copied Uncharted 3 with the destruction? Uh huh, if you ignore every other game that has ever had destructibility and the 3 Battlefields that preceded it with destruction.

I'm really curious to see what ND do with the visuals, mainly because I think it will be the best looking console game ever made when it is shown for the first time. I'm hoping they nail 1080p 30fps (60fps would be an unnecessary waste of rendering resources better used elsewhere) and expand level sizes but not go open world in any way. At the very least I'm expecting incredible lighting, character models and physics. Given the East African coastal setting (strongly hinted in the teaser) and the pirate theme I'm expecting extensive underwater gameplay. Whatever they end up doing I can't wait to see the result.

dr_rus

Seriously, does no one think they're going to change the series in any way?

Is it only me that thinks this game will be a departure to match the departure they make going from one generation to the next?
If they'd want to do a different game they wouldn't call it Uncharted.

If they'd want to do a different game they wouldn't call it Uncharted.

It can still be Uncharted and evolve from where it is now. There seem to be a lot of people that are just expecting them to make a prettier version of Uncharted, which I highly doubt they'll do. This game has had the longest dev cycle for an Uncharted game since the original. I doubt that they've been spending that time just making "another" Uncharted.

Harlequin

It's definitely going to be different. Uncharted 3 already got very mixed reactions (although that had many more reasons than just the "old" formula getting kind of stale) and I have the impression that a lot of people are expecting something more on the gameplay side of things. Just prettier graphics are not going to cut it considering how high the expectations are. I fully expect there to be underwater sections, for example.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Well they say that they read GAF. Next-Gen classic Tomb Raider style game confirmed?

Adding to the it's going to be different camp...no number in the title and no Drake and co. confirmed yet.

NeoROCK

Uncharted 4 to take place in Africa?

That's what it seems like form the teaser trailer.

http://www.officialplaystationmagaz...ty-dogs-teaser-trailer-the-clues-it-contains/

My guess is, then, a job that went wrong and left one of Drake’s adventuring buddies in a prison of some kind and he’s none to happy about it now. Many of the clues in the trailer point to something in South Africa with the first location appearing called ‘c das agulhas’, or Cape Agulas(3), which is the geographic Southern most tip of Africa (despite being on the Western coast). That ties in with the more well known Cape of Good Hope(1) that’s also mentioned. Although the Cape Of Good Hope could also refer to an early colony founded in 1652.

That date’s relevant as the island near Madagascar that the map finally settles on, Île Sainte Marie, is one of the possible locations of a pirate haven known as Libertatia(4), set up by Captain James Misson around that time. It’s motto was ‘For God and liberty’ a phrase that appears on the map. Libertatia was first mentioned in a book called ‘A General History of the Pyrates’(5), a mixture of factual pirates and fictional history and events – hence the uncertainty whether the place actually existed. I’m going to say for Uncharted’s sake it did and it’s full of treasure

madagascar.jpg

This could be.... incredible.

Adult-male-fossa-prowling-on-deciduous-forest-floor.jpg

Can't wait to see that next-gen wildlife.

Top Bottom