• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted (PS4) announced, developed by protozoans and Druckmann's evil karma

RamzaIsCool

The Amiga Brotherhood
Justin Richmond started following Graham McTavish and Robin Atkin Downes yesterday, and Nolan North recently followed Todd Stashwick too.

You know whats even more telling imo, the total silence of Nolan North and Emily Rose. Since the reveal they haven't commented on anything Uncharted related, it is if somebody told them not to response to anything.

I think we will hear something really soon.

Spinluck

I'll play the game regardless of what the story is since it's Naughty Dog, but please don't be another pirate game right after Assassin's Creed 4...

This was probably planned before we knew AC4 was a pirate game. So why does this matter when the games will probably be completely different?

B.O.O.M

I finally figured out the cipher using a Freemason cipher alphabet

cipher.gif

Screen+Shot+2013-11-24+at+7.42.15+PM.png

Decoded it says: memento mori
A Latin phrase meaning "remember that you will die" and serves as an artistic or symbolic reminder of the inevitability of death. This phrase is probably related to the skull seen at the end of the teaser

This is some amazing work. Bravo

Oh pls pls pls let this be the villains look. Such a great design.

You know whats even more telling imo, the total silence of Nolan North and Emily Rose. Since the reveal they haven't commented on anything Uncharted related, it is if somebody told them not to response to anything.

I think we will hear something really soon.

Maybe they're in shocked that they are being replaced by Kiefer Sutherland XD Just kidding hopefully if the games does not take place in the past, they'll return.

Psykoboy2

Justin Richmond started following Graham McTavish and Robin Atkin Downes yesterday, and Nolan North recently followed Todd Stashwick too.

Shit you not, Amy Hennig started following both my personal twitter and the twitter of the radio show I'm part of...doesn't mean we're involved with Uncharted.

OR DOES IT??!?!??!

Actually, it doesn't. She's just a good friend of mine and the shows. We've made quite a few friends of the ND staff over the years. Still won't get you any inside information, however. Believe me, I've tried.

It's just not feasible for them to constantly do this. Watch the TLOU documentary, the game was barely coming together as a game before it released. Constantly exploring new game concepts etc. would be awesome, but they're only going to do that every so often. It's just too risky to constantly reinvent the wheel.

They're surely not going to throw TLOU's world away after they spent 3.5 years to get it to work.

Yeah I know, that's just in my ideal world. I wouldn't be at all opposed to seeing more of TLOU for sure, but I would love to see their talent tackle something like sci-fi action adventure. Sony should just fund a third ND team and makes it all happen, in which case, everyone's a winner.

I finally figured out the cipher using a Freemason cipher alphabet

cipher.gif

Screen+Shot+2013-11-24+at+7.42.15+PM.png

Decoded it says: memento mori
A Latin phrase meaning "remember that you will die" and serves as an artistic or symbolic reminder of the inevitability of death. This phrase is probably related to the skull seen at the end of the teaser

gYIrc.gif

That's pretty awesome, bud. Now we got Free Masons involved? Neat.

Havel

Would have preferred Bruce Straley (UC2 and TLOU director) and Amy, but okay then. UC3 was no where near as good as 2.

Really? I don't think he sounds pissed off enough considering what he's actually saying. Would've expected a bit more nerve and emotion from those statements tbh.
If I ever get mad enough, I sound calm, but serious and what I'm setting out to do, kinda like this guy. I do hope the villain is that leaked face, looks pretty cool.

Right!? I mean, I think we've reached a point in tech where we can get surprisingly close to Emily Rose's face. I think she's prettier than the different versions of Elena we've gotten. I'm expecting more life-like renditions of our protagonists this time around. I recall Nate and Nolan already looking pretty close.

Elena in Uncharted 3 is FUUUUCCCKKKEDD up
lol, not that bad really

She's much better in Uncharted 2.

EDIT:

b4YWO0j.jpg

By the way, I don't mean sexy - just she looked much better in Uncharted 2, and they messed her up (like bulging eye sockets) in Uncharted 3.

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Don't care at all about The Last of Us and the only good Jak was the first one, so I'm perfectly fine with ND sticking to the only series of theirs I care about besides Crash.

My parents watch shows where random 'dramatic' pans like that are the norm. And they don't understand why I laugh whenever I see them.

You got Indian parents too? Every time I watch one of these, I mock the dramatic zooms and slow-mo mercilessly until they kick me out of the room.

I swear to God, half the run time is just the dramatic pans, zooms, slow-mo reaction shots.

dr_rus

All the models will be new. PS4 have much more power to render them, they'll have to redo them nearly from scratch.

Salz01

She's one of my favorite characters too. She's just a lovable character in every way. Too bad they screwed her face after having her perfect in Uncharted 2.

Are we talking about Chloe? Because she got the downgrade worse in 3, compared to Elena's downgrade.

Top Bottom