• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted (PS4) announced, developed by protozoans and Druckmann's evil karma

If this is another Uncharted game with the same old formula as the past 3 games then I'm not interested.

I would really love to see ND branch out and make a game that isn't linear but I guess we'll have to wait to see what this really is.

Anteater

Aww was hoping to see a render or something at least.

Will be cautiously optimistic, didn't really like uc3 that much but as long as there are improvements like the jump from 1 to 2, I'll give it a try.

Vire

Voice acting was pretty great in the teaser.

Don't know what else to say other than I'm pretty excited they are making another one of these.

"Some chains can never be broken. I lost 15 years. Buried alive. Erased. You left me rotting in that hell hole and never looked back. But you can’t outrun the past, and when it catches up, when all your lies collapse around you, I’ll be there sifting through the wreckage. You owe me."

Man... I feel like this game is gonna be fucking dark. Drake's past coming to haunt him? Sully's?

Really excited but they really needed to show more than a teaser.

and you can tell Sony puts a lot of their weight behind these guys.

All they needed was a teaser, when it comes to Uncharted. I am fully salivating and prepped and totally sure of my pickup tomorrow.

I'm thinking the narrator is one of Drake's friends he knew long ago and now he needs his help or he wants revenge. I think this one will be the one.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
I met Amy and Justin during the UC3 aiming fiasco. Really awesome people and I hope the new Uncharted steps it up big time, especially after The Last of Us.

Afrodium

Banned
Aww man, not a single shot? The game was pretty much guaranteed before this confirmation, so the teaser really does nothing for me. I'm dying to see how Uncharted looks on the PS4 though. Goddamn, this is probably the last we'll hear of it until E3 too.

Uncharted was one of my favorite new IPs this gen, so I'm pleased about this reveal. However... I really hope Nathan Drake is still the main protagonist. To me, Nathan Drake IS Uncharted. Without him, I'm not sure if I'd like it the same. *shrug*

That said, I hope they change up the formula a LOT because I don't want to see it
ending in a lost city and destroying it.
It's too predictable. I want wider levels - at least as big as TLOU was, preferably even larger.

B.O.O.M

"Some chains can never be broken. I lost 15 years. Buried alive. Erased. You left me rotting in that hell hole and never looked back. But you can’t outrun the past, and when it catches up, when all your lies collapse around you, I’ll be there sifting through the wreckage. You owe me."

Start dissecting gaf plz

Well they were Catholics so prequel confirmed ? :lol

well there's a Sonata too by the same name

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPWUrldAcR0

Doubt it has anything to do with this tho :D

makes sense that the b-team would be left on perpetual uncharted duty while the true creatives in druckmann and straley are allowed to do whatever the fuck they want

My Reaction XD
iHSh7mHETcUDK.gif

BTW i did not make this, will give credit once i find out who made it.

I loved all the Uncharted games. I played so much of them, enjoyed the heck out of the MP too. I cannot wait for this game. Hoping holiday 2014 and early next year have their other team wrap up TLOU DLC and move to new IP.

I'm obviously more psyched to see what the Uncharted 2/TLoU team is doing but this will be great to see. Uncharted 3 was superb and I'm honestly just relieved it's not the rumoured Sony Bend doing a mainline Uncharted.

One IP per gen my ass. C'mon ND! You can do better :/

Edit: UC3 Director? I like me some Naughty Dog sauce but no, no, no.

I will wait for whatever Based Druckmann and company are doing.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I just hope the game can get out early 2015. If not showing anything now doubt ready for 2014. I also hope they skip the multiplayer and make the single player longer and better.

SSReborn

Man... I feel like this game is gonna be fucking dark. Drake's past coming to haunt him? Sully's?

All they needed was a teaser, when it comes to Uncharted. I am fully salivating and prepped and totally sure of my pickup tomorrow.

But them visuals :( I wanted to see. Its alright though they are probably gonna show some more at the VGA's

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Definitely excited for this. Don't know what more I can say about it. I fricking love Uncharted.

I'm wondering if this will star a new protagonist. Uncharted 3 felt like it wrapped up a lot of Drake's story, if not all of it. I love Nathan, and Nolan North is the shit, but it'd be interesting to see them tackle a new cast of lovable rogues.

Still, though, a Victor Sullivan game would have been awesome...

Top Bottom