• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted (PS4) announced, developed by protozoans and Druckmann's evil karma

RaikuHebi

Banned
"Some chains can never be broken. I lost 15 years. Buried alive. Erased. You left me rotting in that hell hole and never looked back. But you can’t outrun the past, and when it catches up, when all your lies collapse around you, I’ll be there sifting through the wreckage. You owe me."

He lost 15 years.

1998- Crash 3.
2013- 15 years later.

Rotting in that hell hole- Activision.

You can't outrun the past- Boulders.

Crash Bandicoot 4 confirmed?

I'm...proceeding with caution.

Pretty much. I'm down for more Uncharted, but I'm gonna be extremely wary of the combat design this time around. Hopefully they looked across the studio and saw some of what The Last of Us team did and learned some restraint and how to craft more memorable enemy encounters.

Aww man, not a single shot? The game was pretty much guaranteed before this confirmation, so the teaser really does nothing for me. I'm dying to see how Uncharted looks on the PS4 though. Goddamn, this is probably the last we'll hear of it until E3 too.

VGA's!!!

Fingers crossed like no other.

Salex_

It's funny that people are begging for a new IP considering THEY JUST RELEASED ONE 5 MONTHS AGO. Uncharted is Sony's 2nd best selling franchise behind GT so why the fuck wouldn't they make a new one? It's like bitching about a new Halo or Mario.

rdrr gnr

I hope it's dark and a direct sequel. If they want you to play as someone from the past for the sake of variety -- sure.

Alchemist

tumblr_m22qkaAMJy1qk5ynno1_400.gif

I'd actually have more of a reaction if they actually showed a scenery backdrop or something to show a peak of the graphics. The fact this was the biggest announcement from an hour long event is ridiculous.

mysterj

Neo Member
Is probably really different than AC4 unless Uncharted is going sandbox next gen, there's no way an uncharted game will spend too much time in water.

I think it will have to be more stealth oriented or use a lock-on based combat like Zelda.

B.O.O.M

At 0.28 it says 'Every Betrayed us all" right? What could that mean? :S Any notable figures in history by the name of every? lol

Super pumped. Love Nathan Drake, so it sucks that it sounds like we may not see him for awhile : /

Yeah, I still want to see Nathan Drake since this is Uncharted. The main cast is too likeable lol.

Still damned excited.

Yeah I think it's gotta be at the VGAs with the first real trailer.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Even if it didn't surpass UC2

It still trumps a lot of games easily

Yea, but those game aren't good either. I did finish Uncharted 3 but more often than not I was talking to my television, seriously questioning design choices and what it did to my mental health.

The biggest flaw in Uncharted 3, according to me, is the enemy count. They could have easily halved the number of enemies in the game and it would have been better as a result.

Mr.Swag

Banned
What if ND pulls off an MGS2? Have you play as Francis Drake for some of the game, and then boom, time skip and you're Nate.

This trailer is showing Drake's (Sir Francis) circumnavigation trip. The Cape of Good hope was an important marker on this trip. Hodie mecvm eris in paradiso (the last bit of the Uncharted teaser)...It's Latin: Today you will be in Paradise. The man talking I think is Thomas Doughty who Drake charged with mutiny and witchcraft.

Who is the guy that was locked away for 15 years? The guy from the first Uncharted? Would like crazy war criminal from Uncharted 2, but I'll take any new Uncharted. Hype sauce. In Amy Henning I trust, U3 director not so much.

ButchCat

They did this with Uncharted 3, release the first 40 seconds of a trailer as a teaser and the whole thing at the VGAs. This will be no different.

Demetrius

Neo Member
Can't wait for the trailer at the VGA's (if there's any).

This announcement is making me more excited about the PS4. Thank goodness the game is not being made by Bend.

Top Bottom