• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy stars Chloe

Can't wait.

Who in the right mind would pick Ellena over Chloe, you simply got no taste and that blond is boring afk...queen Chloe is back up in this @$!# !!!!!

barit

I bet Chloe got picked so much in Multiplayer that ND had no other choice. I know that I love her outfit and victory dance in my MP rounds :)

sense

I would buy the season pass now if I didn't own the digital deluxe edition already. My guess is that the price would jump to 30$ or if they are crazy it could go as high as 40 since they are saying it is meaty and billing it as an standalone expansion. 30 would be my guess though.

Psoelberg

Amazing gameplay video. This looks way more interesting to me than all other Uncharted games we have. Really looking forward to this.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
Chloe aka Claudia Black. Yes!
Nadine...really?
I mean she seemed to be a good character in U4 when they introduced her but everything after?
I actually liked Rafe more as a Character.
Nadine just seem to be there for reasons.

SpyGuy239

I hope the depiction of Arab men won't be as one-dimensional and "hostile/aggressive towards women" as in the trailer. I know that the game relies on genre conventions dating back to Indiana Jones, but I guess it's just uninteresting to have brown Arabic men act unkind to (white) women. I'm reminded of Not Without My Daughter and its likes.

Regardless, I love Nadine and Chloe having a game together, it's really perfect.

errr whhhaaat? That was an Indian accent and those were Indian dudes.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I gotta admit, as much as I am excited for Chloe, I think this would be that more exciting as a different game. Some Argo meets Homeland meets Beyond Two Souls type game. Hell, that's what I thought it was when I first saw it due to the close camera unlike how Uncharted does it.

Revven

Does this include Triple Pack purchasers too? Because that's what I've got.

Yes, Triple Pack bundle also counts.

wait, so this will cost more than the season pass it is included in...but we only have a finite amount of time to get the season pass? Am I reading that right?

Yes, you are reading that correctly. See, originally, they had the Triple Pack for $20 which got you two multiplayer packs that unlocked whatever content they released; you didn't get all of the DLC they released only a portion of it. In addition, you were promised the single player story DLC on top of that.

However, a lot of people were very displeased with the Triple Pack's offerings so when ND got rid of the Triple Pack they came up with the Explorer Pack which came out in July. The Explorer Pack gets you 3,200 Uncharted Points (which normally costs $20) and the single player story DLC for $25. The 3,200 UCP let's you pick what multiplayer items you want to get instead of being given stuff ND handpicked that you might not like.

And now, since the DLC has clearly evolved beyond what is considered DLC, it sounds like they're getting rid of the Explorer's Pack on Dec. 13th because $25 is clearly going to be cheaper than what this, without the multiplayer Uncharted Points, is going to cost standalone. I'm betting anywhere between $30-$40 if it's going to be something like a 5-6 hour Uncharted romp.

Oh and it's being gotten rid of probably because it's not actually part of Uncharted 4, it's its own thing so it would make sense not to offer a "season pass" for content that isn't something like Uncharted 4: Story DLC.

Remember, Left Behind was $15 and that was a 3 hour (depending on how long you spent on optional conversations) DLC. Double that and $30 is easy to expect.

Wow, nine days. I was expecting to have to wait for months for this.

It's not coming out in 9 days, that's just when they're taking off the Explorer's Pack bundle because it was originally created with whatever their original vision for the story DLC. But now since that's evolved beyond what DLC is, it's going to cost more than they thought or initially had in mind so they do not want to continue to offer the Explorer's Pack since it likely won't reflect what they're actually going to be charging for this. And, well, since it's going to be standalone now it would make sense as well in that way to not offer a "season pass" since it is its own thing and not part of Uncharted 4 (like what they were originally planning).

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta admit, as much as I am excited for Chloe, I think this would be that more exciting as a different game. Some Argo meets Homeland meets Beyond Two Souls type game. Hell, that's what I thought it was when I first saw it due to the close camera unlike how Uncharted does it.
I actually thought something similar. But eh. I'll take an uncharted SP experience.

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Would've preferred Sully or perhaps even Cutter to co-star with Chloe instead, they could bounce wisecracks off each other all day long. Nadine seems too serious for anything more than a strictly professional relationship, even in this trailer, but I suppose it's too early to judge.

Would've preferred Sully or perhaps even Cutter to co-star with Chloe instead, they could bounce wisecracks off each other all day long. Nadine seems too serious for anything more than a strictly professional relationship, even in this trailer, but I suppose it's too early to judge.

I think having a straight man as the partner would actually be a really good dynamic for comedy and character.

Henkka

Banned
Chloe is great, but damn that looks boring. Why does ND think walking around for 8 minutes from cutscene to cutscene while canned animations happen around you is engaging? "Playing" through that section would be a pain after watching this.

BBboy20

Chloe is great, but damn that looks boring. Why does ND think walking around for 8 minutes from cutscene to cutscene while canned animations happen around you is engaging? "Playing" through that section would be a pain after watching this.
To appreciate war-torn India. :3

How is this in any way gross?

--

On topic: Chloe is life, Chloe is love

It's another word that has lost all meaning. Everything is gross and disgusting now.

What do you mean by "gross"?

Yeah, the way a lot of people use gross on here is weird to me and makes me think they don't know the meaning of the word. Gross for me refers to a bad taste, maybe smell,( but I would use stank or stench), or vulgar imagery.

Pretty dope that of ND's next two games one will have two women of color as the main characters, and the other will be headlined by a queer teenage girl. Push dat representation in the AAA narrative space.

Shredderi

Pretty dope that of ND's next two games one will have two women of color as the main characters, and the other will be headlined by a queer teenage girl. Push dat representation in the AAA narrative space.

ND seems to be doing pretty well on this front lately.

Absolutely amazed by the movement. Also hoping for a tad more stealth, but that would be a tad stereotypical. Regardless it looks like they might a good concept here so looking forward to it.

IvorB

Wait... how is Chloe a woman of colour? I thought she was white Australian. Actually I was convinced she was Kiwi for some reason.

m4st4

Can't wait.

Who in the right mind would pick Ellena over Chloe, you simply got no taste and that blond is boring afk...queen Chloe is back up in this @$!# !!!!!

Elena >>> Chloe

However I'm glad she's back, part of the series as much as Elena... only Drake's wife and mother of his child.

Nadine...really?
I mean she seemed to be a good character in U4 when they introduced her but everything after?

Nadine was there to be a foil for Rafe. She was a tertiary character in Uncharted 4 so she didn't really need a whole lot of development, but she was a great character to bounce off or Rafe and give him pushback in his scenes which better expressed his character. It was also refreshing to have a villain character that was so practical and impersonal while being such a physical threat.

She's a great little character in the little amount of time she had in A Thief's End, which makes her a great pick for a supporting role in this to give her more time to shine. I think her personality will play well with Chloe's leading to some solid friction.

Wait... how is Chloe a woman of colour? I thought she was white Australian. Actually I was convinced she was Kiwi for some reason.

250px-Chloe_Frazer.png

She doesn't look white to me.

Revven

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-arrives-next-year-on-ps4/

Is the UC4 season pass still available? Are they about to raise the price of this DLC after Dec. 14?

That blog post says the explorer pack will only be available until Dec. 13.

The Explorer's Pack is the Season Pass. They are going to be removing it from the store on the 13th. So, buy it before then or take a chance and hope they offer yet another bundle. Or, it's much more likely they won't because this has evolved beyond being part of Uncharted 4 and will cost something like $30-$40 (since they've confirmed it's going to get a physical release).

In other words, the original price they had in mind (their ballpark) has increased because it's no longer just a DLC story chapter like Left Behind was; it's longer than Left Behind (which was $15) and is being released on store shelves as well. To be justified on store shelves, it has to be anywhere between $30-$40 range.

Keep in mind, originally, the Triple Pack was $20 which got you this and two multiplayer packs. The Explorer's Pack replaced the Triple Pack and is $25. I'd suggest it's probably smart to buy it via this pack if you aren't looking to get it in physical form.

Memento

Nadine...really?

Well, now they have the opportunity to flesh out her character.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Looks great. Glad this is standalone since I sold my copy a while back.

Deku Tree

The Explorer's Pack is the Season Pass. They are going to be removing it from the store on the 13th. So, buy it before then or take a chance and hope they offer yet another bundle. Or, it's much more likely they won't because this has evolved beyond being part of Uncharted 4 and will cost something like $30-$40 (since they've confirmed it's going to get a physical release).

In other words, the original price they had in mind (their ballpark) has increased because it's no longer just a DLC story chapter like Left Behind was; it's longer than Left Behind (which was $15) and is being released on store shelves as well. To be justified on store shelves, it has to be anywhere between $30-$40 range.

Keep in mind, originally, the Triple Pack was $20 which got you this and two multiplayer packs. The Explorer's Pack replaced the Triple Pack and is $25. I'd suggest it's probably smart to buy it via this pack if you aren't looking to get it in physical form.

Thanks! How do you get the multiplayer packs now? Are they free?

EDIT: NVM I figured it out. The old triple pack was $20 and contained specific items. The explorer pack is $25 and contains an equivalent amount of currency that allows you to buy whatever items you want in game including other items and not the specific items that came in the triple pack. Otherwise it contains this DLC and the multiplayer maps are free.

RDreamer

Just grabbed the explorer's pack because I know I'm in on day one and might as well get a bit of a discount. Had some money in my account already from South Park's delay so I just used that. Can't wait for this.

Mr Git

So was this the rumoured DLC that was meant to revolve around Sam? 'Cause revolving around Chloe and Nadine is waaaaaay better. Stoked.

Top Bottom