• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy stars Chloe

Drencrom

Word on the panel is she's half-Indian

Sure, but she's not of color though? Just because you're mulitracial (in this case have a non-Caucasian ethnicity from one side of your parents) doesn't make you a person of color, she's definitely portrayed white skinwise and feature wise besides the black hair in UC2 and UC3 and the only thing you know about her ethnicity and nationality before is that she's Australian.

Sure, but she's not of color though? Just because you're mulitracial (in this case have a non-Caucasian ethnicity from one side of your parents) doesn't make you a person of color, she's definitely portrayed white skinwise and feature wise besides the black hair in UC2 and UC3 and the only thing you know about her ethnicity and nationality before is that she's Australian.
She's not white. It's noticeable in her hair texture, facial structure and eye shape. She's also got a light yellowish, brown tinge in her concept art.

ItIsOkBro

I really don't think is portrayed white skinwise

U2DrakeElenaChloe.png

Darknight

Shit! this sucks about removing the Uncharted 4 bundle!

I was planning on getting Digital Deluxe this month along the next Sale period and use the 20% coupon at the same time.

i don't think she was portrayed as white tho, it was especially noticeable with her uncharted 3 model

S8ii3t5.jpg

parmanu

This is giving me vibes of No One Lives Forever 2. Great to see India featuring more in video games.

That bombing scene reminds me of this scene from Hindi movie Byomkesh Bakshy

detective-byomkesh-bakshy-0a.jpg

Drencrom

i don't think she was portrayed as white tho, it was especially noticeable with her uncharted 3 model

S8ii3t5.jpg

They definitely made her a bit less caucasian looking in UC3, but would you really call that a person of color though? I mean, she's definitely caucasian looking skin-wise and feature-wise besides her dark hair. I'm saying this as a multiracial person myself and I personally wouldn't call myself a person of color simply because of my heritage when my looks are pretty much indistinguishable from whites as I have never been mistaken(?) for a person of color in my life.

I guess this is just semantics but oh well.

They definitely made her a bit less caucasian looking in UC3, but would you really call that a person of color though? I mean, she's definitely caucasian looking skin-wise and feature-wise besides her dark hair. I'm saying this as a multiracial person myself and I personally wouldn't call myself a person of color simply because of my heritage when my looks are pretty much indistinguishable from whites as I have never been mistaken(?) for a person of color in my life.

Person of color is pretty much anything non white.

thelastword

Banned
I must have guessed a million times what this game was, never in the least bit did I think it was tied to uncharted. ND is so talented....I even thought this was a horror game for a bit....gameplay looks very interesting....Can't wait to see more.

Yaaaaaaasss! 🙌🙏 Sam who?! Ms. "My turn to walk away. But admit it. You're gonna miss this ass." We sure did, Chloe! We sure did...

Good choice of DLC, Naughty Dog!

Shin-Ra

I just read the blog post, Blu-ray release, yeah!

When we began to plot out the story and our vision for the game, we realized we were building something more than an extension of Uncharted 4, and instead, a standalone story in the Uncharted universe. We wanted this adventure to feature all of the hallmarks of the series, from cinematic storytelling set within exotic destinations, to dynamic combat and intricate puzzles. It’s our biggest story expansion to-date and will be available as a standalone game on store shelves and for digital download.

BeeDog

This topic is quite big so sorry if this has been discussed, but have they gone into specifics on how this fits into the Uncharted 4 season pass model? Have they separated this from the season pass, or is the pass still enough?

There was no logo at the PSX keynote. Demo just started and people found what the game is when Chloe showed her face.
My bad. Then again, I could notice Chloe's eyes from a mile away. She's my favorite skin in the MP. :)

it was pretty obvious it was something ND just due to the rendering but no-one was quite sure what. :p
Yeah, those graphics are another ND trademark... I could say the same for the TLOU2 forest scene.

Deku Tree

This topic is quite big so sorry if this has been discussed, but have they gone into specifics on how this fits into the Uncharted 4 season pass model? Have they separated this from the season pass, or is the pass still enough?

Below:

I just read the blog post, Blu-ray release, yeah!

Thanks! How do you get the multiplayer packs now? Are they free?

EDIT: NVM I figured it out. The old triple pack was $20 and contained specific items. The explorer pack is $25 and contains an equivalent amount of currency that allows you to buy whatever items you want in game including other items and not the specific items that came in the triple pack. Otherwise it contains this DLC and the multiplayer maps are free.

The Explorer's Pack is the Season Pass. They are going to be removing it from the store on the 13th. So, buy it before then or take a chance and hope they offer yet another bundle. Or, it's much more likely they won't because this has evolved beyond being part of Uncharted 4 and will cost something like $30-$40 (since they've confirmed it's going to get a physical release).

In other words, the original price they had in mind (their ballpark) has increased because it's no longer just a DLC story chapter like Left Behind was; it's longer than Left Behind (which was $15) and is being released on store shelves as well. To be justified on store shelves, it has to be anywhere between $30-$40 range.

Keep in mind, originally, the Triple Pack was $20 which got you this and two multiplayer packs. The Explorer's Pack replaced the Triple Pack and is $25. I'd suggest it's probably smart to buy it via this pack if you aren't looking to get it in physical form.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2016/12/03/uncharted-the-lost-legacy-arrives-next-year-on-ps4/

Is the UC4 season pass still available? Are they about to raise the price of this DLC after Dec. 14?

That blog post says the explorer pack will only be available until Dec. 13.

JakR

There was no logo at the PSX keynote. Demo just started and people found what the game is when Chloe showed her face.

My first thought was it is Uncharted, because the artstyle, the details screamed Uncharted engine.
I questioned who the woman is. First thought Elena, at the control point I guessed Chloe.

TR never came to mind for me. Engine used by Crystal Dynamics has another feeling/look.
And the execution of gameplay and interwining story beats in gameplay without interrupting the flow and the attention of the player is still an unreached mastery of Naughty Dog, imho.

bombshell

The pass if already bought is enough to get this for free.

The pass itself and the deluxe bundle however is removed from sale on Dec 13, because the DLC will be more expensive (because the scope is bigger) than originally planned.

black070

Interesting to note, the gameplay showcased is said to be running on the Pro, perhaps DF could look into it whilst comparing to to 4 to see if there are any key differences/enhancements made. I don't see why they wouldn't just showcase the PS4 gameplay if it was simply being supersampled from 1440p again.

So hyped for this.
I'm guessing there's a big focus on stealth. I hope there are more new gameplay elements like the lockpicking minigame.
Looking forward to diving more into Nadine's character.
This was definitely the right call

Interesting to note, the gameplay showcased is said to be running on the Pro, perhaps DF could look into it whilst comparing to to 4 to see if there are any key differences/enhancements made. I don't see why they wouldn't just showcase the PS4 gameplay if it was simply being supersampled from 1440p again.
Maybe because the Lost Legacy is taking advantage of Pro specific features.

Deku Tree

I wonder if it will load from within the UC4 game on my PS4 or if it will be a separate stand alone game icon, or how gameplay skins will work etc.

it was pretty obvious it was something ND just due to the rendering but no-one was quite sure what. :p

Oh yeah, it definitely had a ND visual look. I think they did a good job of tricking people as many thought it was TLoU2. You saw someone walking around an area that was heavily military controlled, similar to the post-outbreak start of the first game where you were walking around a Quarantine Zone. It also probably made many think that TLoU2 was actually going to happen there after that.

Shin-Ra

I knew it was Naughty Dog immediately from the visuals but thought the character was Elena with heavy eye make-up for disguise until she started kicking bottom.

I knew it was Naughty Dog immediately from the visuals but thought the character was Elena with heavy eye make-up for disguise until she started kicking bottom.

I knew it from the music when the guards let Chloe pass through. Also, the guards kind of gave it away because they felt like UC NPC's.

DigSCCP

Sorry for asking this again but just to be sure : the smart move is buy the US25 pack because the DLC price will be higher thans this, right?

Gorillaz

I bet Chloe got picked so much in Multiplayer that ND had no other choice. I know that I love her outfit and victory dance in my MP rounds :)

Chloe has always been one the most used character outside of drake in MP. It's like Drake, Chloe then whoever the main villian was of the game, in that order.

Xe4

Banned

I think I'd less describe her as a person of color (because that's entirely subjective), and rather say she's multiracial. She's definetly not white, at least as we describe people as being white in the US.

Top Bottom