• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Unlocking Destiny Early (Xbox One)

Daemul

Typically, games in the US release on a Tuesday. For most games around the world, it is a Thursday or Friday.

It is only the games like COD or Destiny (HUGE games) which have a worldwide release date.

So, in most cases, it is best to stick with the US store if you want it early.

Yeah, Destiny and a few others are the exception. It's best just to stick with buying from the US store for most game releases.

Izuna

Banned
Yeah, Destiny and a few others are the exception. It's best just to stick with buying from the US store for most game releases.

Honestly, I would never have cared about Destiny unlocking even this week if I hadn't told my friend the NZ thing would have worked.

You know how it is bad to chew gum because your stomach thinks there is food coming, and it secretes acid in preparation, thus burning a whole in your stomach because there is no food to neutralise it?

YOU BURNT A HOLE ON MY STOMACH GAF

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
Honestly, I would never have cared about Destiny unlocking even this week if I hadn't told my friend the NZ thing would have worked.

You know how it is bad to chew gum because your stomach thinks there is food coming, and it secretes acid in preparation, thus burning a whole in your stomach because there is no food to neutralise it?

YOU BURNT A HOLE ON MY STOMACH GAF

Well it works.
Its just people did it wrong.
I guess it was trial and error, some people got it right some people didnt.

Now we know how to properly do it as long as MS doesnt block the technique we will be sorted next time.
Thanks to all the guinea pigs who got it wrong and a big thanks to those that got it right.

Any proof? Really tempted to buy it now to save me about 5 hours.

UBaGXV3.jpg

Id show you my bank statement as well, but whats the point.
P.S My gamertag is BLACK STRiDE you can check my achievements.

P.S The US is like the only country I know that adds taxes after the fact Hong Kong the price you see is the price no are charged.

That is it confirmed then.

I logged on at 8am and the download unlocked.

For future reference then, the unlock is tied to the market that you bought it from.

Should work nice for the UK gaffer's who can pre purchase Sunset Overdrive and Forza Horizon 2.

They release in US Tuesday, which is 8am Tuesday morning UK. The UK release will be midnight Thursday/Friday.

Izuna

Banned
Destiny has unlocked, but I stayed up all night finishing off Master Ninja mode for Ninja Gaiden Black. Swear down there were only two difficult bosses the whole run and they were random as hell.

=( Because of that though, I have no energy or any care to play Destiny. Funny how hype can get you even when you're not really interested.

bidguy

Banned
Destiny has unlocked, but I stayed up all night finishing off Master Ninja mode for Ninja Gaiden Black. Swear down there were only two difficult bosses the whole run and they were random as hell.

=( Because of that though, I have no energy or any care to play Destiny. Funny how hype can get you even when you're not really interested.

good job

now finish ng2 on master ninja

Izuna

Banned
good job

now finish ng2 on master ninja

pffft, I did that when I was 17, even the mission mode. Peace of cake, only took me 60 hours total.

DMC4 1000/1000 took significantly longer. As a kid I got stuck on Alma 1 on V.Hard for NGB so I never went back to it. But this month I decided to play through Normal -> M.Ninja. Took 35 hours.

EDIT: Oh dear this 30fps...

Top Bottom