• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
He may not look like book Roose but his voice is perfect for the role. It's such a shame he's had so little material.

I don't remember what book Roose looks like, but I love the actor's look in the show.

Same thing with show Syrio Forel: he looks nothing like book Syrio, but damn if he doesn't fit the part.

Syrio's still alive. He's Azor Ahai. Just you watch.

Speevy

Banned
The internet is normally quicker than this. Has anyone uploaded the footage?

In those promo pics,
Varys looks so trusting. I'm guessing the woman he's patting either dies or kills someone.

The internet is normally quicker than this. Has anyone uploaded the footage?
I haven't seen it anywhere. Strangely, this aired during college basketball coverage late last night on TBS. Not sure if they released it in error or what, but I'm surprised no one captured it yet.

Gigglepoo

Preston is kind of...bonkers

I love his video. As he says at the end of each series, "I may be wrong about half of this," but every theory is meticulously researched and backed up. Really compelling stuff. I know it's not possible for a show-only watcher to construct such detailed analysis, but I would love to see what Game of Thrones hypotheses look like.

And if Preston isn't your bag, Alt Shit X explains established ideas. Also great though obviously not nearly as, um, bonkers.

I found this

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER WARNING SIREN DOOM SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHTcr3bM59o

This girl is pretty detailed.

Cool, I'll check it out.

I like both. Alt Shift X is the more grounded. But Preston's scatter gun speculation is enjoyable. I eagerly await new material from both. And as said - Preston's dipping into GRRM's other works and world view is facinating and very telling - even if he then uses that to speculate that the whole story could exist in his Thousand Worlds Series. Which isn't impossible but it would be hard for Martin to make that twist mean anything to the readers.

Forkball

Drogon just watching.

And whyyyyy does Bloodraven still have two eyes? And basically just look like Max Von Sydow in a ratty bathrobe?

Speevy

Banned
Drogon just watching.

And whyyyyy does Bloodraven still have two eyes? And basically just look like Max Von Sydow in a ratty bathrobe?

A child molester sneaked into Bran's tree cave and killed the real bloodraven.

This is the one thing we did not want to happen.

I've been slowly watching GoT with my dad, we're at episode 5 of season 1 now. I've seen season 1 and 2 but don't mind rewatching.

It's nice watching it with him but sometimes I wish the sex scenes went a bit faster haha.

Excited for season 6 although there is now way we'll finish all the seasons before season 6 hits. Oh well. Kind of excited we're finally going beyond A Dance With Dragons.

NeoGiff

The most interesting shot...

FcqpAU2.gif

Some skinny branches on the ground on the left and right. Burning the shit out of Bloodraven's cave?

Watching this, I was wondering how the hell I missed that shot of the NK but it looks like they altered the footage on this upload slightly from the one that was (mistakenly?) aired and recorded. The shots of Yara kissing and Brienne fighting has been replaced. I'm glad because the new shot is awesome.

LifEndz

So excited about the possibilities. It's kinda fun to engage in all the conspiracy stuff without having knowledge of what will happen.

RaidenZR

Watchers has a few snippets from an EW interview with Emilia Clarke on the end of S5 and what's to come in S6.
Here's the link: http://watchersonthewall.com/emilia-clarke-on-the-role-of-women-and-being-back-to-square-one-on-game-of-thrones/#more-59387

This line in particular stood out:

“She knows all too well that getting on the wrong side of the Dothraki is not what you want to be doing. But on the same breath she’s kind of a Dothraki at heart because that’s where she learned her strength. Not just that she’s fireproof and gave birth to dragons, but her strength as a woman.”

I know most people originally assumed she was immune to fire based on 1st book and 1st season's ender, but then George introduced some doubt with some quotes a while back about this not being the case. I guess now we can infer that as far as the show is concerned, she has been told officially that she's fireproof...?

RaidenZR

She's always been fireproof in the show.

Am I forgetting something then? Far as I know, nothing on the show has made it explicit beyond the dragon birth (which is why the George quotes made the news). And I don't think the hot bath or eggs in S1 was enough to support her being fully fireproof. So unless they said it on an Inside the Episode conversation, or it was printed in some other interview, I didn't think anyone's come outright and said as much.

Am I forgetting something then? Far as I know, nothing on the show has made it explicit beyond the dragon birth (which is why the George quotes made the news). And I don't think the hot bath or eggs in S1 was enough to support her being fully fireproof. So unless they said it on an Inside the Episode conversation, or it was printed in some other interview, I didn't think anyone's come outright and said as much.

I think you're right. The narrative outside of the show has always been that she's fireproof but a lot of people thought this was the same misconception that people had with the books.

Iksenpets

Banned

FcqpAU2.gif

Some skinny branches on the ground on the left and right. Burning the shit out of Bloodraven's cave?

Pretty convinced between the shots of wights breaking through the roots and this one that the cave is getting sacked.

And the burning is obviously how the remaining bits of exploded Jojen get cooked into delicious paste.

Speevy

Banned
I just thought of something that doesn't make sense.

Leak spoiler discussion, do not read below if you're unspoiled

If half of Stannis' army left on account of him burning Shireen, and half of Robb's army left at Rickard Karstark's death, why doesn't Roose's death carry at least some consequence? It seems like a great portion of Ramsay's men, who were witness to Roose commanding countless battles in the north, would remain loyal to him. It seems like Ramsay's just standing there like "Yep, I just killed my Dad. Look at this fucking army."

If half of Stannis' army left on account of him burning Shireen, and half of Robb's army left at Rickard Karstark's death, why doesn't Roose's death carry at least some consequence? It seems like a great portion of Ramsay's men, who were witness to Roose commanding countless battles in the north, would remain loyal to him. It seems like Ramsay's just standing there like "Yep, I just killed my Dad. Look at this fucking army."

Perhaps Ramsay has some sort of small contingent of men skilled enough to keep an entire army in check.

I'd imagine they'll go for a "now I'm in charge" sort of deal, where they follow whoever says they're in control. You've got to be a pretty big twat to follow the Boltons anyway so I doubt they'd mind. Especially that they've written Ramsay (as of season 5) to be a perfectly well adjusted leader and fighter.

Either that or Ramsay offs him quietly but if it's true he's on of the bodies on the cross then I doubt that.

Because all Ramsay needs is 20 good men. Remember, he was able to sneak into a guarded camp filled to the brim with soldiers, and not only set ALL of the supplies on fire at the same time, but also release ALL the horses.
And of course he was able to fight off a dozen of Ironborn reavers, who are supposed to be among the fiercest fighters in Westeros. And all that while shirtless. Imagine what he could do if he actually wore clothes, let alone armour.

I'd argue that the army is more likely following out of fear from that rather than anything else.

Apt101

FcqpAU2.gif

Or it's just near a forest as the undead army are advancing upon a living one, and in retreat they set up a wall of flame behind them. The Night's King is strolling up to flex on them (probably John, again).

NeoGiff

Guys, I've just finished tomorrow's "Memory Lane" post for Watchers, and it's mostly positive.

I'm confused. Is there something wrong me me? I thought this show was complete shit?!

Speevy

Banned
Guys, I've just finished tomorrow's "Memory Lane" post for Watchers, and it's mostly positive.

I'm confused. Is there something wrong me me? I thought this show was complete shit?!

It's complete shit after 4x10, quits being shit for hard home, then back to shit

mantidor

What I don't get from this new trailers is that
Drogon keeps flying around following Dany but seems not at all bothererd that she is captive for some reason? And the Dothraki seem also ok with a freaking dragon following them around?

Iksenpets

Banned
It's complete shit after 4x10, quits being shit for hard home, then back to shit

I think the first five eps of season 5 are good so long as you get up and grab a snack during Dorne scenes and can tolerate Barristan's random death. It's only when you get to Sansa being raped when all that talk about her taking charge gets thrown out the window, and Stannis launches his nutty plan to bring his wife and daughter with him to battle that things start to get completely unhinged.

Just finished watching the Season 5 Histories and Lore videos.

The first bit on the Targaryens is fucking awesome. But it makes me sad the closest to it we'll get are the How to Train Your Dragon movies :p

Also loved how they covered the different gods in each region.

Made me want a hand made leather bound book on the lores and epic tales of certain characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom