• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*UNMARKED SPOILERS ALL BOOKS* Game of Thrones |OT| - Season 6 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeoGiff

Very interesting shot here. The Night's King didn't have a weapon (that we could see) in the final cut of Hardhome, and the guy shown here looks like the same one from the season 6 trailer (whose face was slightly different).

aaDsFQa.gif

Iksenpets

Banned
Very interesting shot here. The Night's King didn't have a weapon (that we could see) in the final cut of Hardhome, and the guy shown here looks like the same one from the season 6 trailer (whose face was slightly different).

aaDsFQa.gif

You planted the tinfoil in my mind that his facial features were changed to look more like Bran's and now I can't shake it. ALL THE PIECES FIT.

And this definitely wouldn't be the first time they designed an elaborate prop only to have it never actually end up in a shot. He probably set it down before walking out on the pier to go stare at Jon and we never got a decent full-body shot of him before that.

gutshot

aaDsFQa.gif

Just completely stole your speculation here and posted it as my own over at Watchers. Muahahaahah!

NeoGiff

You planted the tinfoil in my mind that his facial features were changed to look more like Bran's and now I can't shake it. ALL THE PIECES FIT.

And this definitely wouldn't be the first time they designed an elaborate prop only to have it never actually end up in a shot. He probably set it down before walking out on the pier to go stare at Jon and we never got a decent full-body shot of him before that.

Tinfoil? What tinfoil?! What you've said is probably true, but we can still hope!

Just completely stole your speculation here and posted it as my own over at Watchers. Muahahaahah!

Pack up your things, you're fired.

MikeyB

Honestly...I'm tired. I just want the show to be over. Let Arya be happy. Get Sansa a new dog and a new husband that isn't a creep. Let Bran permanently upload himself to the Tree Internet and live out the rest of his days as a piece of wood. And, for the love of god, please take Dany to Westeros.

Let my suffering end, it's been so long.

Yep. 5 years of Winter coming and unless they bring the conclusion of this show into sight in the first few episodes of this season, I am out.

Such Wheels of Time drawn out garbage.

Finally, the pro-Bolton news source we've all been hankering for. Everyone keeps updating us on what Jon Snow is up to, what's he wearing, has he cut his hair, but what about Ramsey?? The people need to know!

"Ramsay's the key to all of this.. if we get Ramsay working... 'cause he's a more badass character than we've ever had."

Brakke

Banned
Bad Pussy and the 20 Good Men is a terrible excellent name for a lute-playing punk band that covers The Rains of Castamere at Renfaires.

Plasmid

That weapon looks interesting. Will bran be seeing them march? I doubt we have a huge white walker battle like Hardhome this season.

Gigglepoo

Is the show going to do The Battle of Fire? Seems like it would be messy if they included it. The only two huge battles thus far were Hardhome and Blackwater, both of which involved characters that we knew and the opposing sides were well understood. The Battle of Fire combines tons of different regiments with varying loyalties controlled by minor characters. I have no idea how it would work on the show. I wouldn't be surprised if the Meereen storyline gets abandoned when Dany returns instead of spending a huge chunk of time and budget on a battle only the book readers will understand.

Brakke

Banned
"The Battle of Fire"? I've never heard that. You mean the Siege of Meereen? Seems pointless or impossible for the show. Show doesn't really have Yunkai / Astapor / any of those people.

Gigglepoo

I thought it was called The Battle of Fire. And Stannis is currently embroiled in The Battle of Ice. Radio Westeros has an excellent podcast detailing the conflict.

I don't see how it could exist in the show but the Meereen storyline would end with a wet fart if Dany bolts before settling things in Slaver's Bay.

Iksenpets

Banned
Is the show going to do The Battle of Fire? Seems like it would be messy if they included it. The only two huge battles thus far were Hardhome and Blackwater, both of which involved characters that we knew and the opposing sides were well understood. The Battle of Fire combines tons of different regiments with varying loyalties controlled by minor characters. I have no idea how it would work on the show. I wouldn't be surprised if the Meereen storyline gets abandoned when Dany returns instead of spending a huge chunk of time and budget on a battle only the book readers will understand.

Some minor filming stuff:
The guy who played the Yunkish lord who met with Dany in season 3 is back, so it's possible that some variation of the siege is in. But without Barristan or Victarion or any of the sellsword companies, the battle as it exists in the book can't really exist, plus we know that all their budget this season is going to the big northern battle. My guess is we'll get the siege, but it will mostly consist of Tyrion spending all season trying to deal with food shortages and stuff in the besieged town, and then Dany will show up with Drogon and Dothraki to lift the siege. It'll be like Stannis' "battle" last season where it's really just five seconds of CGI showing a dramatic charge.

Speevy

Banned
It's so dense. Every shot is filled with vaginas and breasts. We have even gone back and added it to the other seasons.

News Bot

Banned
Pretty sure I've now been spoiled on some big event that Jon is rumored to be a part of. C'mon people, not everyone has read all the set reports and leaked Spanish stuff. Cover your spoilers!

Mind PM'ing me that stuff?

Living in Belfast, I've met a number of cast and crew. That's led to some pretty big spoilers, though I don't care so much after season five's collapse in quality (save Hardhome). Would never spoil it for someone else, though.

We've still got enough "20 good men and da bad poosy" jokes to go around till april.

Keep it up people until a new one comes in the next season

Iksenpets

Banned
So, I hadn't gotten around to actually watching the prosthetics video, and I don't know if this has been discussed already, but I just saw this article on Variety pointing out there may be some pretty big plot details in there: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/game-of-thrones-battle-nights-king-bran-cave

Wights and white walkers appear to be attacking Bran's caves. Both groups are in the cave and we see a wight bust through the tree roots.

Speevy

Banned
So, I hadn't gotten around to actually watching the prosthetics video, and I don't know if this has been discussed already, but I just saw this article on Variety pointing out there may be some pretty big plot details in there: http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/game-of-thrones-battle-nights-king-bran-cave

Wights and white walkers appear to be attacking Bran's caves. Both groups are in the cave and we see a wight bust through the tree roots.

I thought
the power that moved them was powerless there.

Spoilers for that video:

Everything with Bran has to be taken with a grain of salt IMO. Could just be visions of wights approaching the cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom