• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn developer: sales “surpassed expectations,” sequel is being talked about

Rymuth

tumblr_m3rgscFbCY1rs1bgio1_500.gif

So happy for them. Until Dawn was such a pleasant surprise, Supermassive really proved themselves. From here on out there's a lot more confidence in what they can deliver which means bigger budgets, more attention, and more freedom. Excited to see what they do with it.

Anticol

Banned
Amazing news I was surprised by the game, it was really good. Hopefully they change characters and set, this could be a great series.

ZhugeEX

Banned
Great news!

This game was a surprise hit for me, just like Rocket League.

I hope this game continues to sell well and we get a new game from Supermassive.

Pick a version of the ending and send me on an adventure with mostly new characters, but with the first game's cast as NPCs.

Looking forward to trying this game. On.Playstation put it up today in their rewards section and I picked it up because of all the good things I've been hearing about it.

Thought about waiting for a sale to buy it digitally but then realized that it's a great game to take with you and play as a group if a friend has a PS4 but not the game itself, so I just bought it physical. Can't wait for a Halloween playthrough with friends :)

Is it just me or are A-AA (as opposed to AAA) games starting to make a comeback this gen? I feel like this would have bombed on the PS3, I'm so glad it's been successful the devs truly deserve every penny.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Amazing, i'm so in for the sequel.

I'll have to admit I watched a full playthrough of this game (Super Best Friends) and I was completely hooked. What a goddamn game, there's nothing like it.

Keep the same characters, throw them into a different style horror/slasher enviroment. Even if they went with a new cast I'd like to see them tacklet a different style of horror for the sequel.

American Horror Story-like in that regards. Keep the cast, add some new faces, and make the sequel unrelated to the first game, but a different style of horror. Keep the theme of "Surviving the night, until dawn"(hehehe), and there you go.

American Horror Story-like in that regards. Keep the cast, add some new faces, and make the sequel unrelated to the first game, but a different style of horror. Keep the theme of "Surviving the night, until dawn"(hehehe), and there you go.

That's actually a very cool idea. Making Until Dawn an anthology of sorts could really let Supermassive (and the actors) run wild with different stories.

Replicant

I hope Wolvie makes a special guest appearance again.

tumblr_ntwz5vU4PG1tt3wuco1_540.gif

Not sure about keeping the same cast. 1 or 2 (ie. Peter Stormare) is okay but not all of them. Otherwise we'd get into the same annoying problem as AHS. Also, high-profile talent usually means that their survival rate is higher. This time around, I want everyone has the same chance of dying or alive.

IvanJ

Banned
Excellent news, glad the game got the recognition it deserves. My GOTY along with Dying Light.
I'm eagerly awaiting their next game, hopefully more survival horror themes, Alien or The Thing or similar.

You don't know why people hate her really? Come on son. She is insufferable.

What made her insufferable though? The only thing bad thing that she did
was cheat on Matt?
I think that Ashley was the most annoying character especially in my second playthrough where
I choose to shoot her with Chris and she gets him killed.

Chris was my favorite character btw.

Top Bottom