• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn developer: sales “surpassed expectations,” sequel is being talked about

Hopefully I don't think that poster meant it in a sharp tone, but really, he's/she's right. Sony published the game, there's no way it comes to PC. The developers have worked on PC games before however, so if they decide not to get funding from Sony for a similar game, it may work, hypothetically. But where is that funding coming from?

I think this is key as well. UD's atmosphere is helped a lot because it's one of the best looking games around right now. Sony seems to be the only publisher that's willing to fund big budget versions of games like this. Otherwise they're just smaller scale indie titles.

Skux

Nice to have some promising real information after all the FUD about Sony sending it out to die. It's selling great guys, no need to worry.

Replicant

PS Move controls please!

No, thank you. Let's not waste the developer's time doing a version that only a small fracture of the gamers will use. Especially when the developers can use that time to develop a new game.

Look at QD's wasted attempt at Move version of Heavy Rain. They should have made DLCs for the game instead.

Surpass expectations... eh. Running out of stock. That's the real news.

I hate the expectations spin that a lot of companies put out, so it's always good to see some sort of evidence to back it up.

Elitist1945

"It was just a prank, Han." is the best line in the entire game.

As much as I hated Emily, she had some of the best lines.

tumblr_inline_nu3vcyw5I81sbxr31_540.gif

great to hear

after watching gameplay of the game on youtube i immediately went out and bought it...still have it in the wrapping as i'm too scared to play it (guess i'll wait till halloween)

after watching gameplay of the game on youtube i immediately went out and bought it...still have it in the wrapping as i'm too scared to play it (guess i'll wait till halloween)

I'm really looking forward to digging in with it. Soma was a profoundly underwhelming game, so this is my last hope for some good scares this month. :)

Ploid 3.0

Their VR game mode is going to scare the heck out of people. Think about those early VR demos like that don't move game with the spider crawling on your arm, and the big dinosaur walks into the room. Now think about what sick thing these crazies can come up with.

Keihart

I scheduled this for Halloween since release, i can't hardly wait with all the praise and success it's been getting.

ShyMel

This is great news. I'm so happy the game did well. Bring on a sequel, a non-sequel but still a horror game in the same vein, or both!

Lingitiz

Cool to hear. I really like Until Dawn but I think it does fall into some of the same traps people harp on for other games in the same genre: too much reliance on QTEs and illusion of choice, rather that significantly branching things out. UD was setup to make some character deaths not matter much in the grand scheme of things, and there are some where others in the group don't even acknowledge. I was hoping for the feeling of "this character can die at anytime" but it's clear some were setup structurally to make it to the very end no matter what.

It's still great though and I think they accomplished what they set out to do, but hopefully the next time around they take it even further.

ClearData

"It was just a prank, Han." is the best line in the entire game.

I'm partial to "I'm a healer man! I bring people together!" because it was such a bat shit crazy thing for Josh to say under the circumstances. And it was delivered so believably by the excellent Rami Malek.

Edit: Until Dawn is going to be the gift that keeps on giving if Sony gives it a Halloween ad campaign.

I'm partial to "I'm a healer man! I bring people together!" because it was such a bat shit crazy thing for Josh to say under the circumstances. And it was delivered so believably by the excellent Rami Malek.

Edit: Until Dawn is going to be the gift that keeps on giving if Sony gives it a Halloween ad campaign.

His performance as Josh was excellent. In the end I felt so bad for Josh because of what happens to him and his
sisters
. He gets no redemption, he either gets
his head squash or turns into a wendigo

Top Bottom