• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Until Dawn new previews and gameplay

UntilDawnDATASS.gif

Silly lass is going to catch her death of cold before she even gets hacked to death. She deserves to be a victim in a slasher story.

Kssio_Aug

This was always one of the games I were more hyped for, this year. May get it at the end of the year, cause it still looks awesome!

Wonder how they'll keep things from becoming repetitive during the early bits as you replay it. If the first half hour or whatnot isn't too divergent from past playthroughs, then that'll eventually become grating. You will always start at the beginning and those are the branches you'll fully explore first.

Maybe it'll have some form of chapter skip. Not ideal, but would be better than having to replay stuff you've mostly already been through. And I don't know if there is any other realistic solution to this seemingly inherent problem.

Man

Will bring this to my weekly friends tv-binge-watching event. Expecting plenty of engaged shouting.

Geez, that Kinda Funny LP ends in brutal fashion. Some damn fine ragdoll animation on display there.

I get the feeling the frame rate is going to be rough come the final product. It'll be a fun game, but it's not going to be polished. Call it a hunch.

Shin-Ra

Geez, that Kinda Funny LP ends in brutal fashion. Some damn fine ragdoll animation on display there.

I get the feeling the frame rate is going to be rough come the final product. It'll be a fun game, but it's not going to be polished. Call it a hunch.
Shit needs polishing priority:

1. Framerate
  2. Self-shadow resolution
  3. Depth of field resolution
  4. Occasional popping shadows
If they fixed all of that, it'd look incredible.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
So does this game count as a PS4 exclusive for the holiday period or does it come out too early?

TimFL

Have this pre-ordered on the PSN for months now. I hope I can play this with a couple of friends so everyone picks atleast one character in the beginning and gets the controller once it's their character making decisions.

Kssio_Aug

After the devastating reviews TO1886 I'm kinda worried for this IP.

Very different cases. Until Dawn won't be pressured against the wall for being a story driven QTA based game, cause thats exactly what it is being marketed. The Order in the other hand was constantly showing its action moments and everyone were expecting a typical TPS, with nice weapons and great atmosphere.

I believe Until Dawn will get nice reviews overall!

Rembrandt

Banned
that destructoid preview was my main fear. branching storylines in games like this always result into "sure, you can take this way but it leads to a game over, but go ahead." Heavy Rain tried to subvert that with the branching QTEs and letting multiple main characters die, but I think it still leads to 3 endings with variations upon them.

This is still in my top 3 most anticipated games this year, so i'm hoping the reviews and everything are solid. This has so much potential, especially with DLC/parties.

Previews are looking good at the moment.
This game was flying below my radar even after following it for a while now.

I think this is a game I'll enjoy playing with my gf.
We make the worst decisions in Telltale games under pressure.

I keeping my eye on this game. I will probably wait a little while after it is out in order to decide if it is worth picking up for full price or not.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Here's ours (PSLS): http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2015/07/14/dawn-preview-flirting-fate/

It's definitely shaping up to be better than most could have expected. Then again, if you're not a fan of these type of games, I doubt Until Dawn will change your mind.

For those who are (like me), I can't wait for its release. Lots of replayability due to the Butterfly Effect, which should make springing for a "non-game" more worth it for some, I think.

Top Bottom