• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Upcoming Vita Games (~200+ Upcoming games in ENGLISH) || 2017 Edition ||

Quixzlizx

PSVR may be the only thing more dead than the Vita.

Way to draw a comparison, lol. On incomplete information at that too.

The Vita had like 30 physical releases in the West in the whole of 2013. So will Switch "win" the "Vita-Switch Wars" if it gets more than that number next year?

What are Vita fans gaining from mocking the Switch line-up so far anyway?

I can't wait until this thread is moved back to Community.

The Vita had like 30 physical releases in the West in the whole of 2013. So will Switch "win" the "Vita-Switch Wars" if it gets more than that number next year?

There isn't a "war" or anything of the sort, lol. We just find it ironic and funny that Vita, a commercial failure of a handheld, has more confirmed releases on the horizon compared to the Switch, a brand-new Nintendo console releasing in 1.5 months.

There isn't a "war" or anything of the sort, lol. We just find it ironic and funny that Vita, a commercial failure of a handheld, has more confirmed releases on the horizon compared to the Switch, a brand-new Nintendo console releasing in 1.5 months.

I'm just hoping Sony goes "screw it, let's make a Vita follow up."

I'm just hoping Sony goes "screw it, let's make a Vita follow up."

They won't - that's why we kinda need to embrace our new Switch overlord if we are serious about handheld gaming since there's nothing else for 2019 and beyond. And at least it isn't generation behind like DS/3DS plus they got rid of that crappy form factor.

Switch feels more like Vita successor than actual Nintendo console.

Zephyx

They won't - that's why we kinda need to embrace our new Switch overlord if we are serious about handheld gaming since there's nothing else for 2019 and beyond. And at least it isn't generation behind like DS/3DS plus they got rid of that crappy form factor.

I feel the same way but it's hard to embrace Switch as the successor if the JRPGs we have on the Vita don't make the migration to the platform. I just hope they consider a portable Switch only (it's highly unlikely though given the name of the platform).

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I would like to think that sony will respond to switch exactly like they usually do with everything else, but even in that case would you trust sony? Sony lost me.
Better betting on switch or even better on gpd win and hopefully other windows handhelds.

Where were you been all these years when people mocked vita with lies?

I replied to this:

PSVR may be the only thing more dead than the Vita.

and unlike him i didn't just said lies but i posted a list of all known switch games so anyone could compare with the number of games in the list in this thread.
How can this being considered "mocking" switch? Vita was mocked all these years by nintendo(and ps4) fans with thousands of hate posts saying false things like the one i replied to, vita owners on the other hand never did such things.
If switch will get hate won't be because of vita owners that don't have many alternatives to switch.

Making ourselves feel better as our platform sinks further into its grave? :D

Also: try not taking everything so seriously

If you read 2+2=5's post right above here, I don't think everyone "got" the part where you were just being "funny".

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
If you read 2+2=5's post right above here, I don't think everyone "got" the part where you were just being "funny".

My post that you accused to mock switch was ironic but based on concrete data, do you thiink i would have called "dead handheld" the handheld i use every day if i was serious?

Irony don't stop being irony because makes fun of something you like.

Shinriji

Vita fans delusions of yesterday are spreading fast for a lot of Nintendo loyalists. The level of denial on every switch thread is so strong, so don't hate the "been here, done that" feeling from us. Even better, now we are watching from the sidelines.

do you thiink i would have called "dead handheld" the handheld i use every day if i was serious?

That would have been entirely possible, yes.

You can call your beloved Vita the "dead handheld" in an endearing way for example, or it could have been a veiled stab at Vita haters.

I didn't "accuse" you of anything, btw. Just stating a fact: you were mocking the Switch, irony or no irony.

https://twitter.com/QubicGames/status/821317209964351488

#2017 is a good year for #gamers! Soon #PSVita #games: GekiYabaRunner Mr. Pumpkin Adventures, Koi and a great #ArcadeGame @Robonauts_Game!

Robonauts isn't confirmed though:

Is this confirmation of robonauts for Vita? :eek:

Nope, for now we are working on #PC version. But stay tuned :)

Still, 3 games officially confirmed, which is nice.

Also, God Wars is April in Japan:

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/god-wars...ril-japan-second-demo-launches-early-february

And Blue Reflection gameplay video:

http://gematsu.com/2017/01/blue-reflection-first-gameplay-video

I really hope K-T bring Blue Reflection to the West this year.

I'll import otherwise, but man am I hyped for Atelier Sailor Moon.

I just want Mercenary Saga and Legend of Dark Witch from them. Oh, well. 3DS version here I go.

Given they hadn't released any Vita games prior to Air Race Speed (that I'm aware of?) and they now have 3 games upcoming, I wouldn't count them out.

I really hope K-T bring Blue Reflection to the West this year.

I'll import otherwise, but man am I hyped for Atelier Sailor Moon.

Me too, but it really does look like reskinned Atelier from that gameplay.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
That would have been entirely possible, yes.

You can call your beloved Vita the "dead handheld" in an endearing way for example, or it could have been a veiled stab at Vita haters.

I didn't "accuse" you of anything, btw. Just stating a fact: you were mocking the Switch, irony or no irony.

Even in your examples the real meaning isn't the straight one but a hidden one, whoever reads that sentence knows that that the sentence isn't what appears and imo in the context of the post the meaining is clear.

Follow me:
-vita haters are usually nintendo(and ps4) fans
-one comes and says: "PSVR may be the only thing more dead than the Vita." without evidences(this is mocking)
-i reply: "The 5-6 years old dead handheld has way more upcoming games than the Switch in its first year, just saying." and post a list of switch games

If you read this with neutral eyes you can see there's no mocking, if i wanted to mock switch i could have said:

-Switch may be the only thing more dead than the PSVR.

-your beloved switch is so alive that has less games coming than vita(link with the list)

-and so on.

Trust me, mocking is totally another thing.

Even in your examples the real meaning isn't the straight one but a hidden one, whoever reads that sentence knows that that the sentence isn't what appears and imo in the context of the post the meaining is clear.

Follow me:
-vita haters are usually nintendo(and ps4) fans
-one comes and says: "PSVR may be the only thing more dead than the Vita." without evidences.
-i reply: "The 5-6 years old dead handheld has way more upcoming games than the Switch in its first year, just saying." and post a list of switch games

If you read this with neutral eyes you can see there's no mocking, if i wanted to mock switch i could have said:

-Switch may be the only thing more dead than the PSVR.

-your beloved switch is so alive that has less games coming than vita(link with the list)

-and so on.

Trust me, mocking is totally another thing.

Wow, either you're high (in that case: enjoy the ride while it lasts), or you think you're extremely hilarious having put the above together. "Look how cleverly I'm still denying the obvious, har har...!"

I think it's just sad how some Vita fans seem to get tremendous joy out of trolling the Switch (or any other console for that matter) because it seems "more doomed" (whatever that means) than their favourite handheld. To me, as a gaming enthusiast, there is no fun in seeing any game console fail.

In the unlikely case that you actually believe all of that stuff I quoted here: no, Vita haters are NOT usually Nintendo and PS4 fans. Where did you even get that idea? Also the guy who said "PSVR may be the only thing more dead than the Vita." didn't even mention the Switch. It makes no sense that you would assume it's a Nintendo fan, based on what he said there. So why would you want to drag the Switch into the discussion other than for the sake of trolling?

Cornbread78

At this point you guys are not going to accomplish anything but get each other banned.

If I may be so bold, take it to PM to spare yourselves the trouble...

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Wow, either you're high (in that case: enjoy the ride while it lasts), or you think you're extremely hilarious having put the above together. "Look how cleverly I'm still denying the obvious, har har...!"

I think it's just sad how some Vita fans seem to get tremendous joy out of trolling the Switch (or any other console for that matter) because it seems "more doomed" (whatever that means) than their favourite handheld. To me, as a gaming enthusiast, there is no fun in seeing any game console fail.

In the unlikely case that you actually believe all of that stuff I quoted here: no, Vita haters are NOT usually Nintendo and PS4 fans. Where did you even get that idea? Also the guy who said "PSVR may be the only thing more dead than the Vita." didn't even mention the Switch. It makes no sense that you would assume it's a Nintendo fan, based on what he said there. So why would you want to drag the Switch into the discussion other than for the sake of trolling?

Sorry but you don't know what are you talking about, if you had followed vita for even a second you would have never ever even thought of writing this:

"I think it's just sad how some Vita fans seem to get tremendous joy out of trolling the Switch (or any other console for that matter) because it seems "more doomed" (whatever that means) than their favourite handheld. To me, as a gaming enthusiast, there is no fun in seeing any game console fail. "

that's incredibly out of this world, look at every vita thread and see by yourself if vita owners pass their time finding a "tremendous joy" hating other platforms, this thread and PSN thread apart vita threads always have some hate, vita gets the hate, not the opposite.

Think of me what you want but be a man and see by yourself if vita threads are full of "profound joy" of hate

EDIT:
At this point you guys are not going to accomplish anything but get each other banned.

If I may be so bold, take it to PM to spare yourselves the trouble...
You are right, i'll stop here.

Quixzlizx

Can't you just post about what a great value the $90 spare docks and $70 Pro controllers are in one of the 28 Switch threads on the front page and ignore this one?

Sorry but you don't know what are you talking about, if you had followed vita for even a second you would have never ever even thought of writing this:

[...]

that's incredibly out of this world, look at every vita thread and see by yourself if vita owners pass their time finding a "tremendous joy" hating other platforms, this thread and PSN thread apart vita threads always have some hate, vita gets the hate, not the opposite.

For the record, I have over 200 physical Vita games, and I have not pre-ordered the Switch, nor do I have any intention of doing so. I do find the hating on the Switch, before it's even out, utterly childish though.

So clearly, I have not followed the Vita "for even a second". You got me there.

https://twitter.com/BadLandGamesINT/status/821308615579627520

Dex on Vita has been patched.

I can't access the patch notes because I don't have office lol.

PS Vita Patch updates
• Updated controls manual
• Updated controls help
• Fixed intro freeze in specific system languages (French, Norwegian, Polish, Russian, Finnish, Swedish)
• Fixed problem with cut scene titles for Danish system languages
• Fixed problem with slow cut scene titles in specific system languages (Danish, Spanish, Italian, Netherland, Portugal, Turkish)

incpdo

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
For the record, I have over 200 physical Vita games, and I have not pre-ordered the Switch, nor do I have any intention of doing so. I do find the hating on the Switch, before it's even out, utterly childish though.

So clearly, I have not followed the Vita "for even a second". You got me there.
If so how could you even think that of vita owners? You should know very well that not only vita is the one getting the hate and not the opposite, but usually most of vita owners just ignore haters, i remember someone had the courage to saying something true but bad of 3ds in a 3ds related thread, there were pages full of replies hating or mocking him/her, most of the vita gaffers just let it go, for sure they don't start wars of any kind.

jzbluz

I love my Vita, but nothing lasts forever, and I'm hoping that by the time I get a Switch in about 2 years that it has managed to replace the Vita. I really want handheld Otome games being localized in the future.

Aksys the MVP:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017...o-xanadu-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita-this-year/

They've picked up Tokyo Xanadu ex+ too, but are still bringing the vanilla game to Vita in the west. With a limited edition no less.

Also the Vita version is releasing first (summer vs. fall for ex+)

Makes sense to release it first. I'm sad that we're not getting the new content but I'm going Vita.

If so how could you even think that of vita owners? You should know very well that not only vita is the one getting the hate and not the opposite, but usually most of vita owners just ignore haters, i remember someone had the courage to saying something true but bad of 3ds in a 3ds related thread, there were pages full of replies hating or mocking him/her, most of the vita gaffers just let it go, for sure they don't start wars of any kind.

Please stop this working idea of "the whole world is looking down on the Vita", and how the Vita is this "courageous little system" that survives "against all odds", and "only Vita fans truly understand it". Also Vita GAFers are not exceptional GAFers by any measure. They are not a master race.

Sure, there are people out there who look down on the Vita because "reasons" ("it has no games", etc). But that is not something you'll ONLY get for Vita. You'll see that with most consoles. The Vita is NOT an "exceptionally unloved" system or something. Other people have opinions, that may differ from your own, and they feel the urge to share them. Get over it. Don't let it ruin your fun with your console.

Unlike what you said, Vita owners do not ignore haters. For starters, you immediately wrongfully assumed I'm a hater and a Nintendo Switch fan, because I told you not to hate on Switch for no reason at all. Also, this thread is full of self pity. Every other post you get stuff like "aww man... more cancellations" and "why does publisher X can't simply release game Y here?" and a lot of grasping at straws. As if the entire world is against Vita owners and their Vita or something. It is not. History tought that many people apparently didn't see a whole lot of value in the Vita, so they didn't buy the system. As a result, you get lackluster support from publishers across the board and even from Sony themselves. (And yes, I'm perfectly aware how many games the Vita has lined up for 2017, thank you.) That's just how capitalism works. When there's not enough money to be made, publishers are going to shy away from "opportunities". There is no conspiracy orchestrated by Vita haters out to get the Vita fanbase. Yet many people in here seem in a constant state of defensiveness, ready to strike back when their system appears to get attacked.

Cornbread78

tumblr_n1zi5rWB2V1r7b6cio1_500.gif

Do they have a Frozen game for Vita? I remember that Snowball game they had on 3DS...

RK128

Aksys the MVP:

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2017...o-xanadu-coming-to-ps4-and-ps-vita-this-year/

They've picked up Tokyo Xanadu ex+ too, but are still bringing the vanilla game to Vita in the west. With a limited edition no less.

Also the Vita version is releasing first (summer vs. fall for ex+)

SEE BANDAI-NAMCO?! Do this with Digimon?!

That aside though, happy Aksys Games, XSEED and Falcom came to a happy agreement and got the Ex+ Edition localized too. Makes everyone happy and gives them choices. Portability without extra content (Vita) or better frame rate and more content (PS4). Not a bad choice honestly.

Phil Fish

Banned

RK128

Regarding my thoughts on the Switch, it needs confirmed indie and JP third party support from studios known on Vita (Falcom, XSEED, P-Qube, Idea Factory, etc) before I say 'This is a new Vita!'.

Memory situation is miles better then the Vita (Micro SD Cards) and it's various control options are nice. Having Nintendo first party support and JP third party support in one spot is nice. But I just not sold on it yet; launch line up is really small.

I know list wars aren't good but the Vita had way more major launch titles then the Switch's launch. Uncharted and Wipeout close/at launch and third party support being quite good (UMvC3 being a good example). But I will get one in the future, just not until this December (when Mario lands) or until 2018.

I know it was chatted about recently, but they didn't post any side comments on any kind of Tokyo Next ports, did they?

What game are you talking about, sorry? Xanadu Next?

That aside though, happy Aksys Games, XSEED and Falcom came to a happy agreement .

I don't think XSEED were involved in this agreement at all, lol. Falcom seem to have well and truly skipped them for Tokyo Xanadu in the west.

holy crap , this is now my most wanted game on this platform(Vita) . What is the difference between ex plus and vanilla versions ?

eX+ has better performance, additional playable characters, additional story scenarios, (side stories for various party members and an "After Story" taking place 3 months after the conclusion of the game) new modes,(Boss Rush and Time Attack) new enemies, new dungeons and a new difficulty setting.

There's also some game balance changes as well to the existing content, but I'm not sure there's anything preventing the Vita version from at least getting that.

The thing to me is whether they'll get the games the Vita gets which tend to skew a bit older, or if those same devs will tailor their properties to expectations of what they see the 3DS audience as, and skew them younger. The Vita ecchi stuff can go, but I avoided the 3DS because so much of its library is aimed at primary schoolers, while the Vita at least goes high school for the most part.

yurinka

Supermagical has been released this week, at least in Europe. It's a port of a really beautiful bubble shooter released some time ago for mobile devices, that was highlighter in the OP.

These guys (Super Awesome Hyper Dimensional Mega Team) also made Rise & Shine, released this week for XBO & PC (timed console exclusive).

Top Bottom