• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

US PSN Flash Sale 1/20 incoming

Foxxsoxx

Dark Cloud 2. Sleeping Dogs.

Mmm...

Is Terraria worth it? I'm not sure if it's similar but I never got into Minecraft, sorry if I'm ignorant and it's nothing like it.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Is the sale available for the whole weekend? Or just a 24 hour sale?

AmuroChan

I don't know why, but every time one of these Flash sales happen I feel compelled to buy something, even though my backlog is ridiculous.

It's not that kind of game. You won't be "afraid" of using bullets like in the early RE games. It's very light on the survival aspect.
If you're even half decent at shooting you'll be fine. If not, the stealth elements are pretty good. Stealth might even make the game easier if you're good at it.
It's not a game you'll get stuck on or cornered or anything like that.
I didn't think it was any more difficult than a Halo, Killzone or Call of Duty.

They're both great games worth playing especially if you like story and plot in your games.
Alright, I'm sold. Thanks for the clarification!

HotHamBoy

I feel obligated to remind Vita owners looking at Castlevania SOTN that Castlevania Dracula X Chronicles has the best version of SOTN included as an unlockable (it's basically the Ps1 version with the Saturn's playable Maria) as well as the original and remake versions of Rondo of Blood, the best beat Pre-SOTN game in the series.

It goes on sale for about $5 pretty regularly and you can get a save file online if you just want to jump straight into SOTN.

Alastor3

I have all the big games and all the indies im getting them for less on PC.

But Metro redux and last light redux is interesting since my computer can't handle them

Are they any good?

eagledare

I have all the big games and all the indies im getting them for less on PC.

But Metro redux and last light redux is interesting since my computer can't handle them

Are they any good?

They're rad, but both had some frustrating moments for me. If you have to go with one, go with Last Light.

sinkfla87

I advise any fighting game or NRS fans to buy Injustice. It's only 5 bucks and is an amazingly fun game. Plus I need people to fight ;). Definitely getting party pack 2 for the fam. I almost bought it on Xbox One a few weeks back for 25 bucks but I'm so happy I held off.

Glad I decided to snag both Dark Cloud 2 and Rogue Galaxy. They look really colorful and the visuals have a nice crispness to them. They look way better than they did from the tiny bit I played of them on PS2 years ago.

I was eyeballing The Order, but it looked so serious and gloomy. Gameplay didn't look particularly interesting either. Gonna pass.

HotHamBoy

I advise any fighting game or NRS fans to buy Injustice. It's only 5 bucks and is an amazingly fun game. Plus I need people to fight ;). Definitely getting party pack 2 for the fam. I almost bought it on Xbox One a few weeks back for 25 bucks but I'm so happy I held off.

Injustice is a great value at $5 but you have to be okay with NRS jank. All the different versions are locked to their own playerbase and it's pretty dead on every platform. Pretty good SP, though.

Skullgirls is the best fighting game on offer. Best gameplay, fun SP, excellent netcode (with cross-play between PS3, PS4 and Vita) amazing and robust tutorial that will teach you fundamentals you can apply to ANY fighter. Honestly, the tutorial is worth the purchase alone if you want to get into the genre.

ty_hot

I missed a Metro Redux (the pack with both games) sale some months ago... it costed 6 dollars or so, it was never that cheap =( and now it isnt even in the sale, only the games alone =(

can anyone recommend me Ducati? its super cheap! i played the Ride demo (game they based everything on) and it was ok, not bad.
is the ps4 version super buggy and runs like ass like the PC version? (i only found a review for the pc)

So If I make a PSN account online, purchase Journey, will I be able to recover my account on a PS4 and play without an issues? Will the game be tied to that machine? If I end up buying a PS4 for Horizons is there any penalty for having purchased games on another unit?

Thanks for the help.

PSN purchases are attached to your account, not the console. The PS4 uses a Primary/Secondary system where your Primary activated system always has access to your content, whereas your Secondary activated system only has access to it while you're logged in. You can switch which console is the Primary at any time through a prompt when you log in with your personal account.

Glas

Can't decide between

Knack (ps+ soon?)
Skullgirls
The Order (Movie? maybe on ps+ soon? )
Saint's Row (I played gat out of hell and found it was so short i hated it)
Tomb Raider (i already have Rise of the Tomb raider)
Sleeping Dogs (i have it on ps3 and finished it, and can't import my savegame)

Help me please

Kssio_Aug

Someone who hasn't played any of the Metro games, which one would you guys recommend?

If both are not an option I'd recommend 2033 first. The story plays a big role in this game and the 1st game is important to understand the 2nd. If you enjoy it, get Last Light later.

The 2033 Redux is a good upgrade version compared to the original 2033, so it plays almost as good as Last Light if I remember correctly. :)

Kugar77

Sleeping Dogs DE
Tomb Raider DE
Guns, Gore and Cannoli
Assault Android Cactus

Not bad for $17.91

I'm essentially stockpiling couch co-op games at this point for when I actually get friends who come over looking to play couch co-op games...

Can't decide between

Knack (ps+ soon?)
Skullgirls
The Order (Movie? maybe on ps+ soon? )
Saint's Row (I played gat out of hell and found it was so short i hated it)
Tomb Raider (i already have Rise of the Tomb raider)
Sleeping Dogs (i have it on ps3 and finished it, and can't import my savegame)

Help me please

Skullgirls is beautiful to look at, has a good amount of content and plays close to a Vs. game.
The Order has great graphics, decent gameplay, story and it's short.
Saints Row 4 is basically the same as Gat Out of Hell.
Tomb Raider is more or less like Rise except more linear without all the collecting and crafting.
I loved Sleeping Dogs, but it's up to you if you want to play it again.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I'd like to know the answer to this as well.

Which old JRPG is better Dark Cloud 2 or Rouge Galaxy?

Same here. At first I wanted both but now I'm leaning towards just getting Dark Cloud 2 unless somebody convinces me Rogue Galaxy is better.

Rogue Galaxy is a more narrative-driven straightforward jRPG. You planet hop, build your party, upgrade, and save the universe.

Dark Cloud 2 is heavily focused on tackling random dungeons and a host of side content(like golf, gathering resources to build your little home city, fishing, crafting, photography, etc...). You are kind of free to ignore a lot of it outside the dungeon crawling and village building though. I actually preferred DC1 as the sequel went a bit overboard with the side stuff and felt the core dungeon crawling felt better in the original, but I'm likely in a minority. At $5 give it a try though.

I picked up Jackbox Party Pack 2. I've heard it's the worst of the 3, but $5 seems more than fair after how much mileage I've gotten out of the first one.

DJChuy

Picked up Hitman Go and The Order. Hitman is surprisingly fun.

Might pick up the DMC collection as well. The price is just too good.

So I'm considering Thief and Tombraider. Tombraider is more of a definite for me, but still trying to see if Thief is worth it.

Top Bottom