• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valiant Hearts trailer/screens (Ubisoft, Rayman Engine, Puzzle Adventure, PC/PS/XB)

DrWong

Looks like they took inspiration from Tardi's (French artist) work :

87629126tardi-putain-de-guerre-jpg.jpg

89487575tardi6-jpg.jpg

89522324tardi2-jpg.jpg

The_Monk

Thank you for posting fellow GAFfer.

Really interest, I like when they go from a different story or perspective. Can't wait for more info. Already like the art and that piano tune was spot on.

Killer

Banned
Ubisoft is killing it with this and Child of Light.

anyone know what's the song that plays at the beginning?

NFreak

Wonder why Ubisoft's not releasing this on Wii U but they're bringing Child of Light to the system. Seems kinda odd. Would they really have much to lose? I can't imagine porting these games would cost too much right?

Again, looks like it could be very interesting. It's weird how I was going to give up on Ubisoft after they became "the Assassin's Creed company". They seem to have found a good balance between AAA blockbusters and smaller, more niche projects.

jcm

Wow, this looks nice too. Why are they just dropping all of this on a random Tuesday in September?

Tenki

Is not Wii U confirmed? In the press release it only says "this generation and next" and the video doesn't show console logos. And well, Child of Light it's coming to the system.

Edit: Oh, I see the US video is the only showing logos.

PureGone

Banned
Rayman legends is on Wii U, why not this?

But really looking forward to it Ubisoft digital titles are awesome, Gunslinger and Blood Dragon are amazing.

PureGone

Banned
Wonder why Ubisoft's not releasing this on Wii U but they're bringing Child of Light to the system. Seems kinda odd. Would they really have much to lose? I can't imagine porting these games would cost too much right?

Maybe they are waiting for Rayman Legends and CoL sales to decide weather to do it or not

Not to sure about this one... the concept and the graphic style seems great, but I got no idea how the gameplay works and the animation in the trailer are really a little too much rectricted and have that hideous flash cut out style... Will see...
I don't get the entusiasm that seem to be here for the Rayman engine: while the games look great, it seems to me that this is only 'cause of the art, the engine in itself looks pretty limited...am I wrong?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
It is interesting that they are releasing Child of Light on Wii U and that game has a retail release too while this is digital only. Maybe this is to blame, Wii U owners buy rather retail than DD (understandably, because of the account system set up). Although indies games (and this game is somehow similar in concept to those) do rather well on Wii U according to some of the developers.

From the big 3 publishers its really only Ubisoft making truly new IP's, and they're not wub wub shooters, its a commendable effort. EA just counts old IP's as new, as long as they're old enough.(couple years)

Tenki

It is interesting that they are releasing Child of Light on Wii U and that game has a retail release too while this is digital only. Maybe this is to blame, Wii U owners buy rather retail than DD (understandably, because of the account system set up). Although indies games (and this game is somehow similar in concept to those) do rather well on Wii U according to some of the developers.

Wait, Child of Light is retail too? I thought it was digital only.

Midou

It's nice to see bigger devs embracing the power of smaller and unique projects over AAA appeal. They even seem to be doing a good job of it, it's not just 'hey, let's jump into that indie market blind'.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Wont buy, the dog is gonna die and i dont wanna cry ;_;

Top Bottom