• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Valiant Hearts trailer/screens (Ubisoft, Rayman Engine, Puzzle Adventure, PC/PS/XB)

jcm

I fully recommend to all gaffers to go and watch BBC documentary "The Great War" from 1964. In-depth 26 episode long look at the entire war, fought pretty much because Germany wanted it badly enough.
Ep1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXhiagFG8KE

BBC's next documentary "World at War" which detailed WW2 is even better.

Is World at War narrated by Laurence Olivier? If so, it's available in the US on DVD on netflix. The Great War doesn't seem to have ever gotten a US release.

wouwie

That's the entire point: to have such a contrast.

I see... It's going to be interesting to see the end result.

Love the music in the trailer. Both the music in Child of Light and this remind me of Yann Tiersen.

The more i think about it, the more excited i become for this. The concept sounds great and i love (2D) puzzle adventure games. Never expected this sort of game to come out of such a big publisher like Ubisoft.

peakish

I like that story concept and it's great that Ubisoft is doing some small but cool projects with this engine. Will keep an eye out for this, hoping it has some good puzzling going on.

Jachaos

So the IGN guys that played this game say platforms aren't confirmed/finalized so I guess they really will wait on seeing how Child of Light does on Wii U first, maybe they feel Rayman Legends sold so much on Wii U because it was pure platformer and was the game advertised on Wii U booths for so long (don't know if it still is)

Roubjon

Wow, this conceptually and artistically fantastic. Probably one my most looked forward titles at this point. Hopefully the actual game part is good enough where I can enjoy the other two.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
iEwCOV7atnPfb.gif

I made another gif of the part where they zoom out of the trenches into the sky, but it came out too big (over 14 MB after stripping down the color pallette even further!) so I gave up on it..

Shengar

Ubisoft Montpellier's Valiant Hearts: The Great War is a 2D puzzle adventure game that set during World War I, but it's not a war game, according to audio director Yoan Fanise. "It's a game about war," he told Polygon. "About humans during war."

The game uses a comic book art style, all hand-drawn by art director Paul Tumelaire, to tell the story of five characters of different nationalities during WWI who are all somehow connected. There's the French prisoner of war who peels potatoes in a German camp. There's the American volunteer. There's the Belgian nurse. There's the English pilot. And there's the German soldier, who is in love with the Frenchman's daughter.

Straight into my veins, please
ilWKLaYBxuerO.gif

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Was randomly browsing Gamersyde and happened across this trailer. Holy hell! This game looks incredible, sign me up! I'm loving the trend towards these smaller, more stylized interactive experiences. I love games as much as the next guy, but I think this medium has a lot more space for interactive storytelling, and I fully embrace any project that takes us in that direction.

calder

Just saw an interview for this game on Eurogamer, this looks fantastic. Genre, setting, style, story are all right up my alley.

Top Bottom