• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Various Marvel vs. Capcom titles/DLC being delisted from XBL/PSN soon

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Not even close to the same thing. You can still find used copies of mvc 2. If something is DD only then there's no chance you'll see a used copy floating around decades later.

Why did you ignore the second half of my post?

It's not as though physical copies are exempt from the issues of licence expirations, though that said it does take quite a long time for all of the remaining units to dry up so there is some level of recourse there.

BTHR Zero X

Qs33vGw.jpg

Not everyone gets to live in the most Freedomiest Place on Earth.

I don't live in the US I live in the UK and ours aren't even as bad as that .... damn thats a harsh amount

Say I don't have a PSN account or any device that connects to PSN. Could I still make an account and buy the DLC before getting device?

Lemstar

I understand that they have to get rid of Shuma, but why are they getting rid of Jill?
Don't quote me on this, but from what I understand, the licensing agreement requires Marvel to sign off on anything to do with the game, not just to do with their characters. Even if Capcom wanted to nerf Zero and Vergil without touching the marvel side of the roster, they can't.

I hope tomorrow there is some sort of real confirmation of what is being taken down (if Marvel 2 is, from the text it sounds like the headline was a mistake).

MrMephistoX

Any idea if this affects downloading it from the download history? I bought UMC3 oN Vita bit cleared some space on my memory stick.

Gartooth

I already had MvC2 and all the DLC for UMvC3 since their release, but now I'm debating whether or not I will want to ever play MvC:O.

Roto13

I already had MvC2 and all the DLC for UMvC3 since their release, but now I'm debating whether or not I will want to ever play MvC:O.

There's no indication MvC:O is leaving anyway. It's a more recent game than those others and the license probably isn't expiring yet.

BasilZero

Was it confirmed that the license has expired...or is this a ploy to get people to buy a few more copies that are left (and the DLC) before they announce a new version?

Gartooth

There's no indication MvC:O is leaving anyway. It's a more recent game than those others and the license probably isn't expiring yet.

That's good, at the very least if I ever want to play the game I have more time to wait rather than doing an impulse buy.

Overall though, Shuma-Gorath and Jill should have been included in the disc version of UMvC3 from the start. At the very least when Capcom knew about the expiring license, they should have labeled the characters as free instead of at a discount on the respective storefronts because the loss of those characters for any player who wants to try the game 5 or 10 years from now remains the biggest blow rather than alt costumes or a port of MvC2. Hopefully enough tournament consoles have Jill and Shuma already to keep those characters at tourneys for the future because the alternative is a bit depressing for the future of the game.

Gartooth

That would just have pissed off even more the people who already got burned by buying vanilla.

People bought a $60 game in February only to be told to upgrade to a new $40 game in November, I don't think an additional $10 would have made the situation any more controversial than what it already was, and at the very least it would have been good future proofing for the situation the community is in now.

BasilZero

This thought crossed my mind a few times actually.

I was waiting all this time for a new version to pop up and hearing this news makes me kinda regret that decision to wait XD.

Had so many chances to buy the game when it was like less than $15 new.

Anyways, I can get the game but damn , the DLC.....

Can you buy the DLC before buying the game (and will it still be valid after the game purchase whenever its done) or do you need to have the game to buy the DLC?

(Kinda new to DD and havent had any experience on digital on PSN).

Ghazi

I wonder if they have to go through Marvel to get these discounts as well, and I'm surprised Marvel allowed it if so.

Can you buy the DLC before buying the game (and will it still be valid after the game purchase whenever its done) or do you need to have the game to buy the DLC?

You can buy the DLC beforehand, it'll download them onto your console and whenever you get the game you'll be able to use them.

Gartooth

I was waiting all this time for a new version to pop up and hearing this news makes me kinda regret that decision to wait XD.

Had so many chances to buy the game when it was like less than $15 new.

Anyways, I can get the game but damn , the DLC.....

You can download them now and keep them regardless of when you buy the game, and if you ever have any interest in playing the game in the future I strongly recommend picking Jill and Shuma up simply to get the complete roster.

BasilZero

I wonder if they have to go through Marvel to get these discounts as well, and I'm surprised Marvel allowed it if so.

You can buy the DLC beforehand, it'll download them onto your console and whenever you get the game you'll be able to use them.

Thanks!

And I'll be able to re-download them again right even if I get a new PS3 or if it gets deleted off the HDD?

You can download them now and keep them regardless of when you buy the game, and if you ever have any interest in playing the game in the future I strongly recommend picking Jill and Shuma up simply to get the complete roster.

Will do thanks!

Gartooth

Thanks!

And I'll be able to re-download them again right even if I get a new PS3 or if it gets deleted off the HDD?

Yeah the characters will be safe in your download history. They are only getting pulled from the storefront for people who haven't purchased yet.

Gartooth

Are all the characters unlockable on UMvC3 or do I need to buy some?

Thanks!

UMvC3 has a cast of 50 characters. 48 of them are on the disc and included from the start so you don't need to worry about unlocking. The only exceptions are the last two characters, Jill Valentine and Shuma-Gorath which are DLC you need to buy off PSN/XBL before you can use them, hence the urgency in this thread for people who don't have the game (but have a desire to play it down the road) to buy those two characters because once they're off the store, any new user is locked out of playing as them.

J-Tier

Now time for them to keep their next fighting crossover completely in-house.

Capcom x Capcom!

Featuring All New Characters!

Date Masamune: Always ready to party, he can call in his loyal troops for his ultimate attack! [Sengoku Basara]

The Arisen: A Fighter chosen to defeat the fearsome Dragon. He is able to summon pawns of the Strider, Mage, and other vocations as special assist attacks! [Dragon's Dogma]

Nilin: An Errorist, capable of remixing and stealing memories-- she's a force to be reckoned with. Not to mention her fighting skills are far from forgettable! [Remember Me]

Cha-cha: Do not underestimate this critter, he will take on the mightiest beasts despite his diminutive stature. Expect his rival Kayamba to make an appearance! [Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate]

Asura: This vengeful deity cannot be stopped! Can any warrior stand up to his anger? [Asura's Wrath]

Nick Ramos: This zombie apocalypse survivor wears his heart on his sleeve! With a mastery of item-crafting, he brings the Sledgesaw, Flame Mecha Dragon, RollerHawg and more to the battlefield. [Dead Rising 3]

All New Stages!

E.D.N. III: A bleak and desolate world of ice and snow, populated with Snow Pirates and the alien Akrids. [Lost Planet 3]

And more...!

Will be released Q4 2014 for the iOS.

I would love for them to make another game of SF4/UMVC3's caliber, but in their current state, it's hard to see this happening.

Ghazi

Now time for them to keep their next fighting crossover completely in-house.

I would love for them to make another game of SF4/UMVC3's caliber, but in their current state, it's hard to see this happening.

Hey, I'm looking forward to it, they have so many characters of their own they could put in a game like this it isn't even funny. Not to mention they won't ever have to deal with licensing bullshit.

I'm imagining Nero in that game now, THINK OF THE COMMAND GRABS!!!!

Ghazi

gotta hand it to capcom though, I still have this baby and I use it to keep both MVC3 and UMVC3 in.

It's still one of the best steelbooks in my collection.

That looks amazing, sadly the "Not for resale" at the bottom left would kill it a little for me :(

edit: Damn, I kinda want to buy an SE copy of Vanilla on Amazon just for this steelbook, must resist temptation.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
gotta hand it to capcom though, I still have this baby and I use it to keep both MVC3 and UMVC3 in.

It's still one of the best steelbooks in my collection.
It's a fucking tragedy how bad the normal art is in comparison to this.

I still don't know how it even got approved. Thankfully UMvC3's regular box art is great (and the reversible one is shit, just to keep balance in the world).

Roto13

It's a fucking tragedy how bad the normal art is in comparison to this.

I still don't know how it even got approved. Thankfully UMvC3's regular box art is great (and the reversible one is shit, just to keep balance in the world).

Giant ugly Nemesis head right smack dab in the middle! Why??

JazzmanZ

I will miss the hype that went through for the series, seeing Phoenix wright, Ghost rider and Nemesis make it in was the best eve for me, Shuma gorath coming back was wicked too.

Then there was the fun times guessing who would appear in the original Marvel and trying to guess off of Lupinkos dumb riddles.

Hope next time they try and get Silver surfer in.

i-Jest

So I was gonna hop on the Constume packs while I can. Is the UMvC3 value pack an amalgam of all the other costume packs?

Ghazi

So I was gonna hop on the Constume packs while I can. Is the UMvC3 value pack an amalgam of all the other costume packs?

Yes, minues Jill, Shuma, and Magneto's. (Jill and Shuma's come with their character, Magneto's wasn't released because of legal issues with Spain).

Just so everyone knows, discounts (if any are coming) haven't gone live on XBL Marketplace yet.

i-Jest

Yes, minues Jill, Shuma, and Magneto's. (Jill and Shuma's come with their character, Magneto's wasn't released because of legal issues with Spain).

Just so everyone knows, discounts (if any are coming) haven't gone live on XBL Marketplace yet.

So their is no way for North Americans to get the Magneto costumes?

Zissou

How did the Spanish royal family find out about the image in the first place. It's not like comics have very wide fucking circulation, and why would anyone care what Spain thinks about it?

Top Bottom