• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Various Marvel vs. Capcom titles/DLC being delisted from XBL/PSN soon

wilflare

any idea what's gonna happen to the older MvC games?
since they are now on sale... wondering if I should just get them for keepsake

Ghazi

I just realized, even if I order UMVC3 today on Amazon, I wouldn't get it in time to get the costume DLC. And what about the Heroes and Heralds? Even though that was free Day 1 DLC, will that be removed too?

Also, what's the word on MvC Origins?

Why can't you just buy the costumes now on the marketplace while your order is shipped? Also, Heroes and Heralds was in the day 1 patch update, so unless they remove the update you should get that as well

MrKayle

I like how they're on sale, rather than just free. They won't be able to sell them anymore after 2 weeks, but they gotta squeeze that cash from the fanbase right until the last dying breath.

Eh, I doubt they're allowed to give the games away for free even if they wanted. Probably Marvel and/or Sony and Microsoft wouldn't be too keen on that.

G0523

Eh, I doubt they're allowed to give the games away for free even if they wanted. Probably Marvel and/or Sony and Microsoft wouldn't be too keen on that.

Konami did it with Metal Gear Rising.

You know it's bad when I'm using Konami as an example of something GOOD.

DedValve

Banned
Is the DLC on sale now on the vita? It's just the dlc right?

I'm tempted to get the characters but I still see them at $5 and all the costumes pack at $10.

HardRojo

The sad part for me about this is that I won't have a complete roster game when I get my 360 :( Maybe I should create an XBL account on my PC and purchase the content from my PC too?

yurinka

Hey developers and publishers, for things like that it's better to create your own IP instead of making licensed games.

Tizoc

any idea what's gonna happen to the older MvC games?
since they are now on sale... wondering if I should just get them for keepsake

Best to get them i say, MSH is my fav. of the classic Marvel fighters along with X-Men CotA, and has superb animation.

Espada

Damn, it sounds like they've lost the license. Did MvC3 and UMvC3 do that poorly that Marvel and Capcom aren't interested in MvC4?

Basically this is a giant PSA to anyone who hasn't gotten any DLC yet to download Shuma and Jill right now. This is a load of shit though, it could spell ill for tournaments in the future or for people that use those characters. I concur with the sentiment that the Shuma and Jill unlock keys should be sent out in a final patch, but does Capcom have to consult Marvel to even do something as little as that?
I can't speak for everyone. But personally, I would throw Jill and Shuma under the bus if it meant I could get one more balance patch

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Damn, it sounds like they've lost the license. Did MvC3 and UMvC3 do that poorly that Marvel and Capcom aren't interested in MvC4?
Capcom said they look forward to working again with Marvel in the future. MvC4 is so far out, you have to consider SF5 is probably coming first and that game has barely, if at all, started development, and is 2-3 years out at the minimum. Capcom wouldn't sign a contract for MvC4 for 2+ more years.

Both games did very well, but it was a 3-release contract. 1 - MvC3, 2 - UMvC3 (which wasn't supposed to happen that early and most of it's content was supposed to be DLC) and 3 - MvC:O.

The contract expired, that's it. We've known it has contributed to why Marvel hasn't approved patches in the past as well.

DedValve

Banned
The DLC is cross compatible with PS3 and Vita.

Yeah but is it on sale on Vita or do I have to go to my PS3 and buy it? I'm not home right now so I can't check out the prices on PS3.

EDIT: I checked the SEN store and it seems to be only the characters are on sale, not the game or costumes. Boo this man.

Roto13

Yeah but is it on sale on Vita or do I have to go to my PS3 and buy it? I'm not home right now so I can't check out the prices on PS3.

EDIT: I checked the SEN store and it seems to be only the characters are on sale, not the game or costumes. Boo this man.

The costumes are on sale. On both. Because it's the same DLC.

Just picked up all the Alt costumes along with the original MVC for the heck of it.

I guess now is as good time as any to get back into the game!

Degen

It's time to bring the MvC game mechanics to a crossover with a company that isn't so hard to work with

namco pls

DedValve

Banned
The costumes are on sale. On both. Because it's the same DLC.

Jesus christ THATS the sale price? Man these costumes are overpriced. Thank goodness I got a few bucks left in my wallet that won't be of use, I guess I'll just get the femme fatale pack in that case.

Was hoping the entire game would be on sale too so my friend could get it.

Kaldea

Finally got the costume pack. Never understood why they didn't just add Jill and Shuma to the regular game. Didn't Shuma just "come back" in the comics again recently too?

I guess I can stop wishing for a new playable Ruby Heart now. :(

Roto13

Finally got the costume pack. Never understood why they didn't just add Jill and Shuma to the regular game. Didn't Shuma just "come back" in the comics again recently too?

I guess I can stop wishing for a new playable Ruby Heart now. :(

Funny, I was just poking around the Marvel vs. Capcom Wiki and was thinking "Does anyone really give a crap about Ruby Heart?" :p

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I already posted it in other thread, but I just bought MVC:O, MVC2, Shuma, Jill, and UMVC Alt Costume Value Pack for PS3.

Usually, I would playing on 360 but I have been considering to move to PS3 since I don't really want to buy Xbox Live Gold anymore.

Funny, I was just poking around the Marvel vs. Capcom Wiki and was thinking "Does anyone really give a crap about Ruby Heart?" :p
Obviously that'll change when her smash hit iOS game comes out next year.

Also I'm debating whether to boot up my 360 and buy Shuma and Jill. Nobody else around here is ever really up for playing the game and I barely wound up using them when I was playing MvsC3 vanilla. Are they on sale on XBLA at least?

Roto13

Also I'm debating whether to boot up my 360 and buy Shuma and Jill. Nobody else around here is ever really up for playing the game and I barely wound up using them when I was playing MvsC3 vanilla. Are they on sale on XBLA at least?

They're not on sale yet, but if you have them for Vanilla MvC3, you have them for Ultimate, too.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's time to bring the MvC game mechanics to a crossover with a company that isn't so hard to work with

Is it really Marvel that's the problem? I'd say it's more their parent company (Disney) not getting digital distribution for games more than anything.

If you own them on MvC3, you own them in Ultimate. At least on PSN.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Is it really Marvel that's the problem? I'd say it's more their parent company (Disney) not getting digital distribution for games more than anything.
People like to say Capcom is lazy etc. because they want an easy place to throw the blame but over the last 2 years it has become pretty clear the roadblock is Marvel licensing. Various Capcom employees have detailed that there is a Marvel licensing roadblock and there was no room in their contract to release a patch or update.

Not sure what you mean about Disney not getting digital. They have quite a considerable amount of digital-only games and digital versions of games on marketplaces still, this is an MvC-specific issue.

Remember, the license was acquired in 2007/2008. Not only were the services we use today very different but so were the games. For all we know digital versions themselves counted as a separate release or SKU. Disney didn't buy Marvel until 2009.

Ban Puncher

I gotta pay $15 on PSN to unlock Jill and Shuma?

$30 for costumes?

r0luV.gif

Hm, I got the LE for the game before which came with the DLC code for Shuma and Jill; that means I will have them on my download list if I redeemed those already right?
The store is really wonky as the PS+ prices don't work a lot of times when I have multiple PS+ discounted items in cart, also I can still add to cart and check out the Shuma / Jill DLCs for some reason even though I redeemed my voucher codes years ago.

Top Bottom