• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

VGleaks: Orbis Unveiled! [Updated]

So in layman's terms they have pretty much the same CPU, Durango has more RAM but Orbis has faster RAM, and Orbis has a slightly more powerful GPU? Sounds good for everyone really.

RoKKeR

Didn't we do this last week? At this point I'm sick of these "reveals" and will just wait for Sony/Microsoft to do their thing.

You gotta be kidding me. They read Neogaf and posted a compilation of the things we discussed. Nothing new and still a bunch of holes, missing information bits.

Isn't the 6x blu ray drive kind of underwhelming? I was hoping they would go with a 12x one.

RoKKeR

Just read over the specs again. Damn, this thing sounds like a monster.

Sony first party will surely dominate next gen.

nofi

You gotta be kidding me. They read Neogaf and posted a compilation of the things we discussed. Nothing new and still a bunch of holes, missing information bits.

Isn't the 6x blu ray drive kind of underwhelming? I was hoping they would go with a 12x one.

Sentence two doesn't go with sentence one.

bud23

So is this really good?

Yeah, it is. Prepare for the explosion.

iboEy6ZVGUuKol.gif

Nothing new.

They revealed several chips that were expected, DSPs and vlib chips, etc.

All can be done by that PE i've mentioned before.

Why else would they only use 2 out of the 4 crossbar slots?

They can go 16core otherwise. My guess is that this is temporary until the final hardware in the Summer.

EDIT: Bluray numbers are wrong. Bluray is constant read speed.

Also, expect BDXL. No reason it wouldn't be in the final hardware.

Guess the inclusion of move and a shitty camera explains why they went with a netbook cpu and 1.8TF gpu :p

Useless gimmicks driving up the BoM.

Pooya

wasn't that 176G/s bandwidth basically made up here on GAF a few days ago after someone suggested the 192G/s is an old figure or something? this article sounds fishy imo :p

One thing that take the eye is the "balanced for 14CUs". So, the special "compute unit" is the remainder 4 CUs taylored to physics operations...

jsnepo

So about the Blu ray drive? Is it better than the PS3? What I'm trying to get is will loading times be better?

PaulLFC

Nope and not even a mention about additional computing units, BC, anything special - basicly it is what made rounds at NeoGAF the last couple of days/weeks.
Extra:

Audio Processor (ACP)
Video encode and decode (VCE/UVD) units
Display ScanOut Engine (DCE)
Zlib Decompression Hardware

?

kodt

Banned
Hmm so sounds like Orbis and Durango should be fairly close in specs but I wonder if one will have the superior versions of most multiplatform titles like 360 did early on.

Maxrunner

read the hundred page threads that already assumed these exact specs, right down to memory bandwidth.

probably the best you can expect from a profitable console under $400 in 2013.

I'm affraid this will cost 500€ at minimum if it includes all of that...

Not much really new... most of the info mentioned is pretty close to the stuff that has been talked about day after day here. No mention of the extra "compute module" that Digital Foundry was talking about. We know most about the consoles now so it is just a matter of the consoles being announced and seeing some of the games.

Top Bottom