• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Wait, what?" Misheard things/gibberish heard in games

Ants

an inversion of this is that mumbo jumbo actually DOES say bizarre and lewd things in banjo kazooie, including "ooh, me nackers" and "come and have a go if you think you're hard enough". the syllables for the latter are jumbled up but that's the source

Bowler

No matter what video game I'm playing I hear a NPC saying " this asshole is playing video games again"

it may just be my wife

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
In CSGO when playing Terrorists on Inferno or Italy some times they say something that sounds like "Let's tostitos in Allison!"

He's actually saying "Let's teach those dogs a lesson"

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Gato from Garou: Mark of the Wolves has this palm thrust move and it sounds like "cuttup dat hamboogah!!"

This isn't quite mishearing, but when I was a kid playing Pokemon Red/Blue I would always get confused whenever a pokemon used harden. The text would read something like "its defense rose!" and I would always interpret that as "rose" the flower, not like, the past tense of rise. So it was essentially gibberish to me. I didn't get it.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
I have no idea what Odolwa is chanting in Majora's Mask.

But it sounds awesome.
I always heard "WHAT DO WE GOT". No idea about what it says when you get hit.

I think he chants his name. He also says something else but I can't make it out.
"Odolwa, Odolwa, Odolwa"
"You gonna-, You gonna-, You gonna-,"
"YOU GONNA DIE!"

That's what I always heard.

DansDans

"Capture the heart, Taito"

I can't even spell what I thought it said, suffice to say if you listen hard enough it does indeed sound like capture the heart(o)

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
42f.jpg

Pokemon Stadium 1: Lickatung's Sushi-go-round

Announcer: "WHO NEED JOB?" "MAYBE SO!" "AAAAAAH!"

Powerstone:

Kraken: Suck the buck-tooth child, suck the buck-tooth child. *upon death*

Rouge: Sorry Miss Jenny.

Wang-tang: LUCKY!

Trumpets

M Bison in SF Alpha 1-3.

I spent so long trying to beat him at increasingly high CPU levels that his utterances are burned into my brain.

"Sy-goog-la-chuh!"

"Heh, moo-loo-you-uh."

No idea what he is actually saying.

Pengew

M Bison in SF Alpha 1-3.

I spent so long trying to beat him at increasingly high CPU levels that his utterances are burned into my brain.

"Sy-goog-la-chuh!"

"Heh, moo-loo-you-uh."

No idea what he is actually saying.

I always thought he was saying.

"I don't know who you are"

ike_

Haha, yeah this this thread always reminds me of the ganados from RE4 as mentioned earlier, the one that has always stuck with me:

"Rolf's boy opened the peanut sauce!" (starts at 2:19)

https://youtu.be/uzvnl-noW2A?t=2m19s

And of course everyone remembers that "assblaster" ganado, the very last clip from the same video above.

Back in the day when the first Kingdom Hearts came out, a lot of people thought they heard Sephiroth say "Sin Harvest" for his most dangerous move that takes all of your MP and puts you at 1 HP. Totally understandable, I mean, Sephiroth looks like an angel, and collecting sins or whatever, that sounds like something a Japanese developer would make an angel do

Turns out he was just saying "Descend, Heartless Angel"

Lance Bass' voice acting was barely audible with the original Kingdom Hearts and they made it much clearer when he was replaced by George Newbern

Islam is the light.

Persona 4 - "Heartbeat, Heartbreak"

Tell me why you're dirty, electric phone in the butt
Tell me why you're dirty out to the corners
Still like it, still like it, oh! Baby, I need Jello
Looking so different, bloody streetlight
Happy, happy, taking some pounding
Heartbreak, heartbreak, you tell me koopa

It's pretty crass, but when I introduced my buddy to Persona 4, he sent me a text shortly thereafter saying "hard rape, hard rape, dick keeps on pounding", and now I can't hear anything else. :\

Dimentios

In Mario Party 1-3 (I think) Wario shouts (when losing a mini game or a certain event):

D'oh I missed!

For Germans it sounds like he would spoke german and saying:

So ein Mist! (Aw, crap!)

Edit: http://www.mariowiki.com/Thomas_Spindler

Also in Breath of Fire III, when Child Nina is spelling, it sounds like she screams the N-Word.

kingwingin

Was some old electronic device I had with built in games and there was a lion that always said "cheese snack chivichi"

Years later I realized it was "choose an activity"

Sakura

Though not by me, some of the people I used to play Bloodborne with heard the enemies saying "Hawaii" instead of "Away"

In CSGO when playing Terrorists on Inferno or Italy some times they say something that sounds like "Let's tostitos in Allison!"

He's actually saying "Let's teach those dogs a lesson"

Ah, I thought it was tostitos amazon

D

Deleted member 309291

Unconfirmed Member
I can't understand squat from the Halo games. I'm replaying Reach at the moment while keeping a transcript handy so I can understand all the radio chatter.

ike_

Persona 4 - "Heartbeat, Heartbreak"

Tell me why you're dirty, electric phone in the butt
Tell me why you're dirty out to the corners
Still like it, still like it, oh! Baby, I need Jello
Looking so different, bloody streetlight
Happy, happy, taking some pounding
Heartbreak, heartbreak, you tell me koopa/goomba

Yeah, electric phone in my butt is all I can hear anymore. Sorry though, pls replace koopa with goomba. k-thx.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Honga dinga donggggaaa

I know that's not the thread intention, but I always think I'm hearing backwards English in there.

Kotor was the worsed at its aliens always seemed to have only three lines of dialogue. The other race ( the one with the long necks ) always seemed to have the same dialogue.

But yeah Most fighting games have gibberish, its late at night and i know theres one that stands out but i cant think of it right now

Edit:

This i clearly remember. First day playing i remembering hearing them saying 'your mother' and ' tactical header '

OmegaDL50

The first boss for Einhander.

https://youtu.be/z4g0tlpt3PY

For years I thought he said gibberish that sounded like "This is a rumble, cease fire or I don't give a fuck'n!"

I found out he was actually saying "Dies ist eine Warnung! Entladen Sie alle ihre waffen!" or This is a warning! unload your weapons!

I have to politely ask: what was wrong with you people?

I'll admit that I always heard "So long, big Bowser" as a kid, but most of the examples in this thread are... bizarre. Like, how could any person hear some of this stuff? At least more than once?

"Popsicle" instead of "Let's a-go"? Even "Let's tickle"? You guys... explain your lives.

Unless English is not your first language, in which case, that makes sense.

Top Bottom