• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Wait, what?" Misheard things/gibberish heard in games

RickGhastly

Neo Member
gam_re5zombies_490.jpg

"Papa Kool-Aid!".

Tetra-9

Anyone know what the Mystal Ninja with Goemon on N64 characters are actually saying when you switch them? I love it when Ebismaru says something that sounds like "ee-kee-mah-sha-kaw", makes me laugh every time.

In the darkstalker games, me and a friend used to think Morrigan said "Zombie!" When she used Soul Fist.

A less funny one. I used to think Lilith said "Soul Crush!" Instead of Soul Flash. I like Soul Crush better. :p

The merchant in Dragon's Dogma who says, "They're masterworks all, you can't go wrong!"

The way he puts emphasis on certain words threw me off and I kept hearing something like "The master works on, something something..."

Actually took me half the game to figure out what he was actually saying. But then I was like oooooooooooooh.

Lurch666

Indiana Jones and the temple of doom arcade.
After the mine cart level Indiana would say something like 'we talk a tier'.
Only when watching the film years after I realized it was 'we walk from here'

My wife used to play megalomania on the Megadrive and whenever the game said 'you are running out of elements' her kids thought it was 'you are running out of elephants'

https://youtu.be/tzxwhTRTuT4?t=14m1s

When you get to the castle in Resident Evil 4 I swear the monks chant "hail Hitler, hail Hitler"

Sometimes they also say "mostly STDs, mostly STDs!"

Thud

In RE4 there is that part near the castle walls where there is a villager I think is shouting "Laad haar hol" which is Dutch for "Load her hole".

The Persona 1 Battle theme Lone Prayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPHJJY8GhMY

It's full of misheard stuff, but one thing stands out and that is "All my whities"

And something which is just awesome is Luigi saying "Luigi Kart 8", which I first thought to be misheard.

DesuNe

Played Warframe a bit when it came to Steam. One of the bosses, Vor, would continually say a line that sounded like "FOR SEAGULL".

I remember back in the days we were having a LAN party and I stayed up whole night playing Red Alert, and around 8 am in the morning the units started speaking some kind of gibberish finnish in my ears, instead of the normal feedback things they said, especially I remember the "commando" unit saying the funniest things.... After a while laughing to myself I decided it was time sleep a little :)

zhixson

The very last line spoken by
Krelian
in the Xenogears' ending I initially heard as:

"In fact, I am the A-Team."

Needless to say, I was a bit confused.

slash000

Zeboyd Games
Everyone keeps posting the Star Fox Gibberish, but what I want to know is what the hell the english voice over at the take-off cinematic is actually saying (after "emergency"):

Youtube link:
https://youtu.be/A7TF5evojYA?t=21

"Emergency Emergency... Emergency Emergency...

aenythe enthy fighters, prepare for launch"

What is that phrase? After the emergencies, before fighters.

Top Bottom