• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Wait, what?" Misheard things/gibberish heard in games

mclem

As kids we heard it as "Don't bite my verruca". Made sense since he was shoving his feet in people's faces. Of course the instruction manuals taught us it was TATSU-MAKI-SEN-PUU-KYAKU.

I know it's that in principle, but I've never quite worked out *how* you say "TATSU-MAKI-SEN-PUU-KYAKU" in a way that sounds like the voice sample. There's just too many syllables!

stuminus3

The announcer in F-Zero GX pronounces "retired" as "retard" which is not only offensive it's extremely annoying to hear after falling from the same part of the track for the 5th time.

eso76

How are youuu, ken ?
Soo how are you ken ?

Attattabruken !

Sorry, there's just no way they actually say tatsumakisenpukiaku. We should ask a native Japanese speaker and have this mistery solved once and for all.

Also, in soul calibur kilik had moves that sounded like my language equivalent of "m'lady" and "tuna fish".

NuttSack

The announcer in F-Zero GX pronounces "retired" as "retard" which is not only offensive it's extremely annoying to hear after falling from the same part of the track for the 5th time.
I believe he says "RESTART"or "RESTORE", why in the hell would he say retard?

Ikon

I forgot to quote but the Sazh vs. chocobo clip literally brought me to tears! Been a loooong time since I laughed that hard!

Blasted fuckball!

hqdefault.jpg

sugarless

I know it's that in principle, but I've never quite worked out *how* you say "TATSU-MAKI-SEN-PUU-KYAKU" in a way that sounds like the voice sample. There's just too many syllables!

They've had to clip each word to reduce file size or whatever, and the pronunciation trails off final vowels. So it's like:

TATS-MAK-SEN-PUU-KYAK

I have no idea what Odolwa is chanting in Majora's Mask.

But it sounds awesome.

Hell yes!

Also, there are scores of misheard DOTA 2 lines, but the most infamous for me is "'Av I got jizz on me chin?" from Pudge.

He says gibs' as far as I know... as in giblets?

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
What does the Mask in Crash Bandicoot say when you pick it up?

Oo-bi-da-gah

"POO GA DAH"

Or something

OOGA BOOGA!
Yep, this thread delivered. I demand an official answer from Naughty Dog. But I'm on the OOGA BOOGA side.

Sagat's "Tiger up yer butt!"

My best friend got a nickname out of Mario's "Letsa go!"

He heard "Mint Pickle!"

So that has been his nickname since 96.

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Losing the Aku Aku mask powerup in Crash Bandicoot makes him say "Oh my cornholio"

NZerker12

Capcom-vs.-SNK-2-Character-Artwork-Capcom-Style-Geese-Howard.jpg

In Capcom vs Snk 2, Whenever Geese would use Deadly Rave, I always thought he used to say:

VICTORY LANE!!

Also in his intro I thought he used to say:

"You cannot escape long death"

"D"

I'm extremely insecure with how much f2p mobile games are encroaching on Nintendo
Capcom-vs.-SNK-2-Character-Artwork-Capcom-Style-Geese-Howard.jpg

In Capcom vs Snk 2, Whenever Geese would use Deadly Rave, I always thought he used to say:

VICTORY LANE!!

Also in his intro I thought he used to say:

"You cannot escape long death"

A friend of mine says he heard the same thing....and also yep cause a short death would not suffice

Top Bottom