• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warner Bros making an announcement for two popular brands (Seemingly Lego Star Wars)

What will be announced tomorrow?

Results are only viewable after voting.

RK128

But we already had LEGO games with Batman and Superman. Another DC LEGO game doesn't really warrant a pre-announcement like this

I think if its two brands and thus it equals two games, I could see any of the following combinations happening:
-Batman v Superman Level Park for Dimensions & WB Montreal Superman Project
-Lego Justice League (adapting all the DC Movies) and WB Montreal Suicide Squad Project
-Minecraft appearing in Lego Worlds & Lego Dimensions
-Rocksteady's Justice League Game Announced & WB Montreal Suicide Squad Project announced
-Rocksteady or WB Montreal DC Project & Monolith's Mordor Sequel

FoneBone

But we already had LEGO games with Batman and Superman. Another DC LEGO game doesn't really warrant a pre-announcement like this

That's actually why I'm leaning towards LEGO Star Wars. It's been long enough since the last one that a new announcement would be bigger than usual for the LEGO games.

RK128

That's actually why I'm leaning towards LEGO Star Wars. It's been long enough since the last one that a new announcement would be bigger than usual for the LEGO games.

I agree, and they have enough to work with in terms of content (Star Wars Rebels, Episode VII, Rouge One) for a game.

I don't think they would do this big announcement for just a LEGO game

Harry Potter, LoTR, Injustice are all one brand

If it was two games, they'd say two announcements, not a massive announcement involving two brands. That sounds like a single thing that includes two brands, not two separate things

Personally I'm hoping for an Arkhamverse Superman/Batman game.

1) Superman was hinted at in Knight with the Luthor voicemail
2) BvS is mere months away, plus all the BvS tie-ins and promos are starting now (cereal, S/B #1 re-releasing, etc.)
3) An Arkhamverse game side-steps the movie tie-in stigma and lets them pull stuff from the World's Finest and S/B comics

That's seemingly in development at Warner Montreal (Arkham Origins).
I'm happy its (maybe) happening, but I heard origins kinda sucked. So I'm unsure
Never played any batman games, though they look great, gameplay isn't something I could stick too.

mclem

If it's not Lego Doctor Who, I may get sulky. After Dimensions, it is time.

(Actually-plausible: Lego Star Wars Episode 7?)

Verendus

Banned
I'm going to combine many different brands.

Lego + Star Wars
Lego + Looney Tunes
Lego + DC
Lego + WWE
Lego + Mario
Lego + Zelda
Lego + Halo
DC + Mortal Kombat
DC + WWE
DC + Marvel
DC + Capcom
DC + Final Fantasy
DC + DC + DC
DC + STREET FIGHTER
Mortal Kombat + STREET FIGHTER
Mortal Kombat + WWE
Mortal Kombat + Nintendo
Harry Potter + Playstation VR
Scooby Doo + Playstation VR
DC + Playstation VR
Everything + Playstation VR
Lord of the Rings + DC
Sesame Street + Nintendo
Batman + Daffy Duck - Superman + Bugs Bunny
Nintendo + Playstation
Sony + Microsoft
The Rock + Batman

I'm definitely onto something. If we just keep going, and combine several big brands, we're bound to stumble upon the right thing. It's math. It's fact. It's part of our universe. The only issue is when to stop. I'm stopping here because it's too much for me mentally. I'm all mathematics'd out.

Now I really want Persona & Scooby Doo Investigations. Thanks, now I'll die disappointed that never happened.

You know, I could shoot this down.....but we got Lego Marvel Avengers this year despite WB owning the DC Comics branding. I could see a similar situation happening with Star Wars too.

Remember, Lego, not WB or TTGames does the licensing deals. TTGames doesn't get a lot of say in what they IP they use.

I completely expect a Star Wars Lego announcement but I don't believe WB would tease it and I don't think it would be a Lego game in general. My guess is they are going to announce Suicide Squad and whatever Batuniverse game is next. Though Scooby Doo... man I could go for a game based on this version:

dc-comics-hanna-barbera-scooby-doo-apocalypse.jpg

Comic series was announced a few days ago. No idea when its coming out.

Just remember, whatever the hell it is... don't pre-order it on PC.

Quiet right!

yfnm8.jpg

MattyG

Banned
I'm going to combine many different brands.

Lego + Star Wars
Lego + Looney Tunes
Lego + DC
Lego + WWE
Lego + Mario
Lego + Zelda
Lego + Halo
DC + Mortal Kombat
DC + WWE
DC + Marvel
DC + Capcom
DC + Final Fantasy
DC + DC + DC
DC + STREET FIGHTER
Mortal Kombat + STREET FIGHTER
Mortal Kombat + WWE
Mortal Kombat + Nintendo
Harry Potter + Playstation VR
Scooby Doo + Playstation VR
DC + Playstation VR
Everything + Playstation VR
Lord of the Rings + DC
Sesame Street + Nintendo
Batman + Daffy Duck - Superman + Bugs Bunny
Nintendo + Playstation
Sony + Microsoft
The Rock + Batman

I'm definitely onto something. If we just keep going, and combine several big brands, we're bound to stumble upon the right thing. It's math. It's fact. It's part of our universe. The only issue is when to stop. I'm stopping here because it's too much for me mentally. I'm all mathematics'd out.
giphy.gif

Lego Star Wars Episode 7

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B01BC68Y9O/

"The best-selling LEGO video game franchise makes its triumphant return with a journey full of action and humor based on the blockbuster movie. The game will also feature exclusive content playable that bridge the gap between the story of Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force. Play as Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Han Solo and many others in LEGO Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force! The Force is strong here ... The best-selling LEGO video game franchise returns with a journey full of action and humor based on the hit movie Star Wars. Play with Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8, Kylo Ren, Han Solo and your other favorite characters from the movie! LEGO Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force, players relive the action of the movie Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force, told through the lens of LEGO intelligent and witty. The game will also feature exclusive content playable that bridge the gap between the story of Star Wars VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force. LEGO Star Wars: The Awakening of the Force also introduces Multi-buildings and Battles with the Blaster universe of LEGO videogames. With Multi-buildings, use LEGO bricks available to open new paths, and then rompili ricostruiscili to open others! During the battles with the Blaster, use the environment as protection to address the First Order."

Platforms available for pre-order: Xbox One, PS4, New 3DS, WiiU, PC, PS3, Xbox 360

Boke1879

Would that actually be a big announcement? Lego and Star Wars?

GAF would have you think it's underwhelming. But is is a big announcement. Aren't the Lego games big sellers? Package that with probably the biggest brand on the planet and it's a huge seller. Kids will eat this up.

FrsDvl

Must be something Nintendo, announce it shortly after the investor meeting. With it being so sensitive and all... Nintendo bought WB. Batman Vs Donkey Kong by Retro.

Top Bottom