• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch Playstation's E3 conference in movie theaters

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Like I've said before in here, I'm almost certain it's being done through NCM Fantom, who do live events at movie theaters like this. They aren't in every theater, because they have to have NCM put in what they need to on a per-screen basis.

So it's definitely not a laptop to a projector thing. They will be prepared, if history (and my own experience with Fantom in general, which has been sterling) is any indicator.
Wow, I did a quick google and it looks like a really cool thing, I'd like to attend some.

vpance

I'm doubting a TLG showing since I don't think they can make it for next year, as it's probably doing stuff far more ambitious than The Order. A TGS teaser, maybe, then release in 2016.

shwimpy

I'm doubting a TLG showing since I don't think they can make it for next year, as it's probably doing stuff far more ambitious than The Order. A TGS teaser, maybe, then release in 2016.
It's been "in production" for 8-9 years... c'mon now.

It's now or never...
until next year's E3

vpance

It's been in "production" for 8-9 years... c'mon now.

They essentially had to start over when they moved to PS4 which was 2011 or so I think. Sure, maybe they could've brought over some assets, animations and stuff like that, but it's not like moving over to PS4 solves all their issues right away and plop in their old PS3 code and run with it. The PS4 SDK is still evolving too. Also, this is SCEJ we're talking about here, not ND or GG. Factor it all together, compare against their peers, and it doesn't seem likely.

border

Most big Sony AAA projects are announced/revealed earlier than 6 months prior to release. I think they had more games planned for 2014, but those have fallen through the cracks. Anything not currently announced will be for 2015 and beyond.

There's certainly the possibility of Last Guardian, Uncharted, or Project Beast being much further along than anticipated and ready for a Fall release. Or a Gran Turismo remaster.

Kevyt

I'm not even sweating the details, really. Just the fact that one of the major press conferences is being streamed live into theaters, free of charge, is good enough for me. It beats sitting in front of my monitor/TV.

Same here. The fact that it's free makes it better. If I had to pay, based on the rumors, I wouldn't go... but free is always good.

My friends don't judge me until I mention I'm going to meet up with some GAFfers at the event. Lol.

"Why would you do that?"
"Aren't you afraid of meeting random people from the internet?"

All in all this should be a ton of fun. :)

Anyone think it'd be rude to bring my tablet/phone and use them during the showing to Live Tweet and stuff? Not sure if theatre etiquette changes when you're watching a live conference and not a movie. :p

We meet random people from the internet all the time. If you think about it, maybe the person you last had a conversation with, that you didn't really know, also uses the internet. So technically we are always meeting people from the internet, assuming that they use the interwebs.
lol

I would assume the same rules apply, unless they say otherwise.

didevol

Capture.png

If old, dismiss.

Lucent

No update on the waiting list for me yet (if it's happening at all) and no extra theaters. Hoping I do get upgraded though so I won't be going with the fear that I'll be going all that way for nothing.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Did anyone else's waiting list spot get upgraded to a ticket? Mine just did for the NYC theater.

Lemondish

This list from IGN has me excited. It's a list of the events and game reveals/etc that Greg Miller will be hosting at E3. I believe it's been updated since we laat saw it because now all the 'unannounced title' spots have almost all been replaced with PlayStation game. Two caveats:

1. The Order et al aren't mentioned specifically, so these previously announced titles could (and likely will) take up a few of those slots. Not to mention...

2. This is just what Greg will be hosting. That could theoretically mean that he isn't touching any of those previously announced titles. It's a long shot that these are all new games, but it's so so odd that there aren't any SCE game listed - even the ones we know about. Makes me wonder if these SCE studios that claim they won't be there might be lying.

Kei-

did you get a email?

Did anyone else's waiting list spot get upgraded to a ticket? Mine just did for the NYC theater.

I got an email for the wait list upgrade for the NYC location yesterday afternoon. Same location, so I don't know what exactly they did. Maybe they got another screen at the same theatre?

People with tickets already, did you get an email asking yo to confirm or something? Maybe they opened up spots if people didn't RSVP/confirm.

xAniki88

Banned
This list from IGN has me excited. It's a list of the events and game reveals/etc that Greg Miller will be hosting at E3. I believe it's been updated since we laat saw it because now all the 'unannounced title' spots have almost all been replaced with PlayStation game. Two caveats:

1. The Order et al aren't mentioned specifically, so these previously announced titles could (and likely will) take up a few of those slots. Not to mention...

2. This is just what Greg will be hosting. That could theoretically mean that he isn't touching any of those previously announced titles. It's a long shot that these are all new games, but it's so so odd that there aren't any SCE game listed - even the ones we know about. Makes me wonder if these SCE studios that claim they won't be there might be lying.

hype intensified

Damn.

I was going to go, but then my little brother was like, "Are we watching E3 together again?" Now I'll feel bad if I go. Only have one ticket :/

Lucent

My theater finally went from waiting list available to sold out. Now I'm nervous since I'm on the waiting list. We're leaving like a couple hours before to go to it. Hopefully nobody else is. lol.

Alebrije

Another Keighley tweet. This time he said, "Only a few days now. You'll see." along with this gif: http://giphy.com/gifs/zz00w5nNFMnPq

I'm so excited!

The Last Guardian!!!!

That gif shows the moment the Doctor sees for first time the dinosaurs , what has the size of one of them ??? Yes you got it !!!!!

Also Sony knew that bringing people to movie theatres will create specilation . They have something big they wish to show to the core gamers

gazele

Banned
Signed up for the slc showing on the google doc

Pretty sure I'm gonna go, despite my expectations being pretty damn low haha

SDCowboy

No way Sony would have done this theater thing if they had nothing exciting to show. I believe this is the year of The Last Guardian reveal. It just make sense. Combined with Uncharted 4 and project Beast.

Same. As soon as I saw this theater deal, I was like, It's TLG time.

Do we know that this is pertaining to the Sony show?

I think people just assume that because he seems to be partnering with Sony for the theater event, 30 minutes of bonus stuff by GT and hosted by him shown after the presser, and covering the show with Jack Tretton.

Who knows with him though. His main goal is to get eyeballs glued to GT, to say he stretches things at times is an understatement. So it could be nothing.

by the way this is my defense mechanism to keep my hype in check :p

Cubed

Decided not to go.

I'd have to let my night class out early and then drive 90 minutes to Philly. Not really worry it... especially when the PS4 E3 app is available now and I can watch it in my bed on my new 55" tv.

So, two seats will be available at Philly.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
In case any of you are nervous and getting butterflies in your stomach about heading out to this event, I just wanted to share some words of encouragement.

Remember that you're a good, smart, likable person. You deserve to be in that theater just as much as anyone else, don't be intimidated by the large crowd. You might even make some new friends before the night is through. These are all folks with similar interests to you so there's a common bond there.

If worst comes to worst and the anxiety overtakes you just know that you can leave that theater at absolutely any moment you please and no one will think worse of you for it. None of us are emotionless robots, we're humans and at times we panic, that doesn't make you any less of a man or woman.

Be mindful about what you're there for, it's a night of fun and learning about new Sony games, nothing to be nervous about. Just enjoy yourself and everything will be fine.

And who knows, maybe years down the line you'll be able to tell your grandchildren you were there when they announced the PS4 version of The Last Guardian. Of course, they'll stare back at you with a quizzical look considering the PS9 is already out and The Last Guardian has yet to be released, but still.

Jomjom

Banned
And who knows, maybe years down the line you'll be able to tell your grandchildren you were there when they announced the PS4 version of The Last Guardian. Of course, they'll stare back at you with a quizzical look considering that Sony by then, will have long gone out of business AND The Last Guardian will still not have released, but still.

FTFY

Just kidding

Top Bottom