• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Watch_Dogs sold (to consumers) over 4 millions units during its first week

I'm still on the fence about whether to get this game but I always like hearing positive sales news about the industry I love so this makes me happy.

MattyG

Banned
In other news, Ubisoft has announced Watch Dogs 2 for a 2015 release. In an official press release, a spokesman for the company said "Yes, well we do quite enjoy money. We plan on making a lot more next year, and probably the following year as well."

And cosidering how PS4s share in UK was about 50% of Watch_Dogs sales it's probably even higher when you combine whole world...

Riddler

Excellent

Can't wait for more Watch Souls. Went from liking this game to loving it(IM INVADED!)

Like I said before "well deserved"

sjay1994

Most reactions have been real positive.

Well from people who have played it yeah. The gameplay is solid. Problem is how the story is presented. Aiden is just unlikeable.

I mean, I watched an old eurogamer panel for the game and the creative director explained Aiden was inspired by Walter White.

Problem is, Aiden is all Heisenberg, and no Walter.

AdanVC

Cool! I'm getting the Wii U version so it's nice to see the re-confirmation of it on the statement. Looking forward to it.

Skeff

Great news. I'm loving it so far and I wouldn't be surprised to see strong sales continue, anecdotally, plenty of my friends are waiting for their next gen consoles before picking this up.

Elios83

I'm thrilled over 4 million people think differently.

Not necessarily, having bought a game doesn't mean you're happy with it.
As a recent example I bought Infamous Second Son because I wanted something to play with but I was quite disappointed with it.
Watch Dogs isn't really a game which deserves multi million sales, marketing and thirst for new next gen games are making a huge pushing job for it.
I hope that they can make the expected jump in quality with the inevitable sequel.

Denton

Amazing number. And so much deserved. I haven't had this much fun with videogame since Sleeping Dogs and Dishonored. Utterly love it and wish I could take vacation just to play it, being at work sucks when Chicago awaits.

And the upcoming Wii U release will add dozens more.

Laughed out loud. Thanks for that!

Duxxy3

I wonder what is the version breakdown.

If we go by the U.K. figures, it's likely that the next gen versions sold the best by a wide margin. Just my own guess, but probably over a million on XB1 and closer to 2m on PS4.

JawzPause

Holy moly. I can see this being another yearly franchise for Ubi. I think I'll be skipping this one but I'll be sure to pick up watch dogs 2, it paid off with AC so I'm sure I'm not missing out on anything big this time too.
Congrats to the team.

Alebrije

Prove that downgradetion is just a core game issue. For a new IP those are nice numbers.

I still find the game rushed, so many gltichs and bad AI.

daveo42

Banned
That's quite the impressive number there for Watch_Dogs. I know it helps to be on a bunch of different platforms at launch, but 4mil is still an insane amount of units to push in a week.

They only need 2.3 more for it to meet predictions?

Might be hard considering the sheer amount of negativity shrouding the game.

Really enjoyed playing it, but have no interest in Aiden to continue in these games.

And the ending ugh... first time I ever tried to prevent an ending from happening.

You are posting in a thread that announced that a new IP which received a downgrade from debut, which was hotly debated by enthusiasts across the web ...

... SOLD 4 MILLION COPIES TO CUSTOMERS IN ITS FIRST WEEK.

WHAT SHROUD OF NEGATIVITY ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?

Joeki11a

Banned
This is good because here what I want
1 year of AC

1 year of Watchdogs
Not the crap we see this year
2 ACs after Watchdogs came out

Top Bottom