• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Welcome @Majornelson to NeoGAF

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
If this thread can be a praise fest then it can also serve as a mechanism for criticisms. As I said earlier, the fence will swing both ways. At this point, the welcoming part of the thread has served its purpose.

Valid and coherent criticism is of course welcome. But meme-ish drive by comments like that adds nothing to the discussion and makes folks look stupid.

Ubersnug

Anothe question for Major Nelson, an easy one I hope.

It's been mentioned that you could connect your Xbox 360 into the HdMI in port on the Xbox One allowing you to play the 360 with the Xbox one overlay. How does both systems manage the one Xbox live account being signed into both systems at once. Is this even possible?

SHADES

What do you think of this?

zowryhb.gif

Pathetic, childish IMO.

If this thread can be a praise fest then it can also serve as a mechanism for criticisms. As I said earlier, the fence will swing both ways. At this point, the welcoming part of the thread has served its purpose.

Sure, but there's a difference between "I'm going to offer constructive criticism" and just taking pot shots. And when those pot shots are coming from a user with a Kaz avatar, it sort of adds to the incredulity of the post.

fantomena

Question to Major:

Have MS EVER considered dropping Netflix and such apps form Gold? Sony is gaining big momentum by letting Netflix and other apps be free on both PS3 and PS4.

m23

Major Nelson i have a question for you. The Black Tusk game microsoft showed during their e3 conference. Was the whole trailer in-game graphics? Or up until the part where he pulls the trigger? Looked straight up cg. Thanks.

I think it was confirmed in-engine. So....not in game.

meppi

Always good to see industry people joining in on the discussion.
It's always nice to have a bit more insight into what's happening even if certain things can't be discussed for obvious reasons. NDAs and such.

That being said, some of the posts in here already are embarrassing to say the least, if not borderline offensive.
Not that it should come as a surprise though. :-/
If anything, it might make things easier to separate the wheat from the chaff. ;)

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Sure, but there's a difference between "I'm going to offer constructive criticism" and just taking pot shots. And when those pot shots are coming from a user with a Kaz avatar, it sort of adds to the incredulity of the post.

I see all that. That's why I do my best to handle myself as proper as I can. I'm not condoning either posts though. This thread has been more of a positive thread so the coherent and less sarcastic drive by remarks would be more appreciated if articulated better. Some do come off as shallow and with less thought though.

So, by having Kaz on my avatar makes my posts incredulous? Don't know what that has to do with it. How much credible is a monkey avatar then?

And for the record: I'm not buying a PS4 or a Xbox One, and I own both a PS3 and a 360

Question to Major:

Have MS EVER considered dropping Netflix and such apps form Gold? Sony is gaining big momentum by letting Netflix and other apps be free on both PS3 and PS4.

Yes now that we have more MS spokespeople I'd love this clarified as well

Are there any plans to move these apps out of gold?

I have always had the xbox console but usually only get live if there's a game I want to play at that point so I go months without it

I find that an xbox 360 without live is really not all that useful

Will it be any different with the X1 in the future?

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Major:-

Have you had a chance to look at any multi platform game being developed for Xbox One and PS4 and can you assure Xbox fans that relative to performance, there is a high degree of parity?

cormack12

Gold Member
Always good to have people on the inside part of the community. Haven't been here long myself but welcome anyway.

Don't think this is the thread to post random questions really.

Zephyrus

Banned
I have one question for you all.

Why are you using this thread like it's twitter?

You are aware that any question that you can ask him here, you can ask on twitter right?

Plus it's not like Mr. Hryb has the time to search through all these pages to look for your post in order to answer it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Hey Major welcome and we'll see you in the Wrasslin' thread in the OT Community section. Welcome.

So, by having Kaz on my avatar makes my posts incredulous? Don't know what that has to do with it. How much credible is a monkey avatar then?

And for the record: I'm not buying a PS4 or a Xbox One, and I own both a PS3 and a 360

The point worked in tandem. The crux of the issue is that your post was a bad potshot. Coupled with the fact that your avatar suggests a certain fandom of a competitor's corporate icon, it sort of suggests to me that perhaps you (the generic "you" as in you are just the user I noticed) may not be the best person to shine a spotlight on this sort of console wars nonsense. Now, perhaps that's unfair. Maybe the Kaz avatar is just used ironically for the laughs, but most people who have done that tend to be Sony fans.

Now, even if you are a Sony fan, does that mean that you aren't allowed to be critical of Microsoft? No. But let's get back to the crux of the issue, here: your post was a stupid pot shot.

Some of these comments....

Glad you're here Major. It's always nice to have something explained or talked about somewhat personally away from the interviews and conferences.

Marleyman

Banned
I have one question for you all.

Why are you using this thread like it's twitter?

You are aware that any question that you can ask him here, you can ask on twitter right?

Plus it's not like Mr. Hryb has the time to search through all these pages to look for your post in order to answer it.

Because he probably gets more questions via twitter than he would here.

mik

mik is unbeatable

Have you had a chance to look at any multi platform game being developed for Xbox One and PS4 and can you assure Xbox fans that relative to performance, there is a high degree of parity?

See--I think it's comments/questions like this that really add nothing to the discussion. You already know what his answer will be, if he can or will answer at all. Is there a point to asking that question?

In what parallel universe would he ever respond with, "you know, it's really close--and I want to assure you that the Xbox One versions of all these multiplatform games look completely stunning--but the PS4 does have a very slight visual advantage."

Couple of questions for Major N:

- Any plans on having a larger hard drive in the future?

- Is there an estimation on the noise level (in dB) of the Xbox One under full load?

- Do you have any info on the latency of the Xbox One controller?

- Any info on third-party periferals (controllers and such)?

- How much hard drive space will the OS take?

- Any plans of a 360 revision? (say a 99$ version)

Chobel

I won't think he will answer and I hope he doesn't answer. Whatever the answer it will create a shitstorm.

Dunlop

I used to look forward to the day that those in my generation who grew up with games would mature and the hobby would not looked down upon as a "kid" thing.

Then I realized that the bottom age of this audience segment is going to be a static number.

Sadness ever since.

The realization that hit me also, I kind of went through shock with how quickly the gaming section of this site "changed" with the announcement of the new consoles

I was pissed off at first as this is the main site I frequent, but then concluded I am an old fart so maybe the problem is me.

I am assuming the Major has not posted yet?

nick_622

Banned
The realization that hit me also, I kind of went through shock with how quickly the gaming section of this site "changed" with the announcement of the new consoles

I was pissed off at first as this is the main site I frequent, but then concluded I am an old fart so maybe the problem is me.

It is not just you!!

I don't think this is a place for offering constructive criticism. I don't think it's a place for being rude either, mind you. I think there's plenty of pot-shots you've not banned in here, for good reason. This community is expressing itself - and that is equally valid reason to post, beyond offering constructive criticism.

Until people are rude or offensive, I think what goes (without banning) will make members on both sides of the fence irate. Your job is scary.

It was always going to be interesting having Major Nelson here.

Parmenide

I have a question for you, sir.
Lately i heard that X1 had received some "improvments", but since you (MS) had stated a long time ago that with the Cloud you are theoretically able to enhance hardware capabilities, what would be the purpose of doing so?

Mr. X

If they're not, do you think he's in any position to say so to the public?

SeanR1221

Pretty much how I feel. Gaming side has really gone down hill because of some console warriors.

Arment

Read the OP.

nick_622

Banned

Pretty much how I feel. Gaming side has really gone down hill because of some console warriors.

Sad to say ... but you know your on GAF when your Ignore list is over 100 people. It's downright pathetic.

meppi

I do have one question, but I'm speaking for an extremely minor fan base, so I certainly don't expect a positive reply, although I certainly would love to see it happen.
So here goes.

Now that it's clear that the Xbox One will be region free, is there any possibility at all that with any future firmware updates for the 360, this feature might be implemented for it as well or is it too late to even consider it at this point in time?

The reason being, I have about 25 JP exclusive 360 games, most of which only work on a Japanese system only.
Now I own 2 European 360's and one Japanese one for that very reason.
But since I never sell any games or systems, I'm a bit worried of my Japanese system breaking down in the future and it being near impossible to find a new JP360 at that time.
While it's much easier to just walk into a local shop and pick up another spare European system just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom