• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Well... Chatbots are now a thing on PSN

normanski

Neo Member
Been getting these quite a bit recently. Like someone else has already said, I went to settings and set messages to 'friends only' to block them.

Getting on average about 1 of these per day. Just checked my phone (Playstation App) and had 3 all sent at exactly 01:42.

Reported them all and blocked them.

Has Sony acknowledged this at all?

I just had two of these chatbots. Although I initially thought one of them wasnt when I replied with fuckity bye and it replied, you dont have to be rude. I was close to apologizing when it continued to say 'me and my buddy blah blah college life blah blah check me out!'

kc44135

What are these "Chat Bots"? I've never heard of them before, but I think I just encountered one. I got a message about being added to a group, and got a message from "entreaty_sion" simply saying "hey there". When I checked their profile, they no trophies, and apparead to have played a game on a PlayStation Console. So... is any of my info compromised or at risk? Does this mean I might've been hacked or something,? Or, is it just nothing to worry about? I mean, I have 2FA enabled, so my account should be pretty secure in theory...

Jer

Heh nice to know it's not just me. I've gotten 3 in the past few weeks, after having never gotten anything like that in 10 years.

Irritating, I hate this kind of shady nonsense.

graybot

Didn't know there was such a thing but couple of days ago I got 3 at same time. Thought for a moment I was popular

So I have a dumbass 12 yr old nephew (he's not really dumb but I just refer to all kids his age as dumb in general) and it's possible he's getting the same messages now

What is the worst thing that could happen? (He recently gave a friend his iPhone password and that friend permanently locked him out btw)

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
What are these "Chat Bots"? I've never heard of them before, but I think I just encountered one. I got a message about being added to a group, and got a message from "entreaty_sion" simply saying "hey there". When I checked their profile, they no trophies, and apparead to have played a game on a PlayStation Console. So... is any of my info compromised or at risk? Does this mean I might've been hacked or something,? Or, is it just nothing to worry about? I mean, I have 2FA enabled, so my account should be pretty secure in theory...

No need to gave them much thought, just block them or set your messages to friends only.

So I have a dumbass 12 yr old nephew (he's not really dumb but I just refer to all kids his age as dumb in general) and it's possible he's getting the same messages now

What is the worst thing that could happen? (He recently gave a friend his iPhone password and that friend permanently locked him out btw)

Mess... Get over there and lock his messages to friends only ASAP. lol

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I thought I'd maybe start getting friend requests after I changed my privacy settings if that was an extra step these bots could take, but it's been clean so far.

Yup, I've gotten several over the last few days. I thought maybe it was a Gaffer contacting me about a Destiny Clan.

2bae1acaae.png

Got number 6 today, downside of having a name with no numbers, easy to bruteforce /:

At this pace, I'll be in double digits in a month.

Edit: Apparently, telling it that you're 5 multiple times doesn't stop it. It does not care about your age. It only wants your money. This is the beginning of Skynet, probably.

Top Bottom