• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What are you looking forward more to? Starfield, FF 16 or Zelda TOTK?

What are you looking forward more to?

• Starfield

Votes: 158 33.7%
  • Final Fantasy 16

Votes: 164 35.0%
  • Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Votes: 147 31.3%

• Total voters

StereoVsn

I have low interest in FFXVI so far due to its full on action oriented combat and no party control.

I may grab new Zelda just to rip it on my OG Switch so I can emulate on PC but not playing that on Switch hardware.

So Starfield wins by default, lol. And event that, I expect at least 6 months till performance gets stable and better mods get released.

Easily FFXVI, but I'm still really pumped for Zelda.

I'll play Starfield, but I've always felt Bethesda RPGs are incredibly overrated.

It's good to see big exclusive games for each major platform. I'd argue Spider-Man is also on the same level as these three. 2023 has already been good, and it's going to get better.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Bethesda RPG in space?

Snoop Dogg Yes GIF

Looking forward to Starfield but not gonna lie, TOTK has me re-evaluating my stance on waiting for Switch 2 instead of getting current one.

FF16, I still don't fully trust SE to deliver something at level of old games in the series. Would like to be surprised.

Last edited:

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Bethesda (my all-time favorite studio) with their first new IP in 25 years and it's in my favorite genre, SciFi. No question it's Starfield.

I really do not like Japanese games, but Zelda is a whole different story. The first game I ever played was the Legend of Zelda and I absolutely loved BotW so I am really, really looking forward to Tears of the Kingdom.

I loathe Final Fantasy games and wouldn't play it if I got paid.

Zelda and Final Fantasy are about tied for me but ultimately voted for Zelda because it’s releasing first.

Starfield, well, I’ll try it on gamepass but have very little hype.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Zelda comes in at first place. A new mainline Zelda is something very special. A rare and cherished moment.

Final Fantasy 16 comes in at second place. A new mainline FF is something I also have strong feelings for, but I haven't really mustered up any hype yet. The game looks cool but I'm not too sure on the battle system. It looks like style over substance, even more so, than previous entries. I'll probably love it in the end but I'm being cautious for now.

Starfield is a distant third. I loved Skyrim, I have put in probably close to a thousand hours across three different platforms, and I'm feeling Starfield will be the same. It's Skyrim in space. What's not to love? But the reason it isn't higher, is because I'm not going to play it launch. Knowing Bethesda, Starfield is going to be a disaster of glitches and bugs, and I ain't got no time for bullshit like that. I'll wait until it's fully patched up and in working order. Hopefully some juicy expansion packs have dropped by then.

Cornbread78

1) FFXVI
2) Starfield
3) I'm not wasting my money this time, I'll buy a whitnoise machine of I need help falling asleep

Schmendrick

Torn between FF16 and Zelda. Those both look like they'll be fun games. Starfield so far just looked "janky" first and foremost.

Last edited:

fermcr

Only interested in Starfield since it's the only one releasing on PC.
If the other two become available for PC, I'll be interested... if not, then don't care for them.

Last edited:
lol the scores are equal right now at 30 each. i didnt vote because im equally looking forward to all 3. i cant choose one.

Last edited:

begotten

Hype levels

10/10 TOTK = Already GOTY
8/10 FF16 = Trailers are good but waiting for the gotcha moment still
5/10 Starfield = Trailers aren't good but showcase might make it better

Katatonic

Final Fantasy 16 baby.
I didn’t click with BOTW.
Haven’t seen enough of Starfield but what I have seen looks like a typical Bethesda RPG meets No Man’s Sky.
Was expecting a Star Citizen killer.

mortal

Gold Member
SCR-20230425-kwtn.png

Yea, more or less what I expected.

3 huge and potentially fantastic releases this year, so I'm not entirely surprised to see spread interest among all three.
Plenty of overlapping interests, myself included. I love Final Fantasy, I love The Legend of Zelda, and I'm very intrigued by Starfield's potential, especially with a newly managed Bethesda that now have access to Microsoft's resources and funding.
I hope to play all three at some point in the future, as I'd like to spend dedicated time with each title when I can. For me, Final Fantasy XVI is my #1 of the 3.

Top Bottom