• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the worst Nintendo developed game?

Pudge

I don't believe you. How can the game be terrible? IT LOOKS AMAZING FOR A GAMEBOY ADVANCE GAME.

This was the trap that led many to purchase this.

It totally does! The graphics were so neat, but it just adds to the sadness when you keep reloading the first screen over and over because THE DAMN GOOMBAS wont let you hit anything.

It turns out that I have unresolved issues with this game.

red720

Duck Hunt was boring as hell!
DuckHuntBox.jpg

you can make a bunch of cats sing september in wii music

the kindest words i can give to urban champion are that the animation when the cops come by is kinda okay

To those listing Sticker Star as the worst, how can it be that bad compared to Super Paper Mario? Nintendo turned an rpg into possibly the worst platformer to ever bare the Mario name. The gameplay was a clunky snoozefest.

Sticker Star may not have had much of a story or a reason to grind, but I had so much fun battling and solving the puzzles. No way it's even the worst in its own series, let alone Nintendo's entire catalog.

TaiKH92

Banned
Nothing wrong with the camera in Sunshine, there are plenty of good levels, FLUDD is one of the GOAT things in platforming (if you think it's bad, then you just suck at using it) and the platforming itself is incredibly responsive & well done. There are a few weaker levels and yes, the blue coin collecting is a bit tedious, but a majority of the game is still good and the FLUDDless levels are far superior to the lame-ass easy levels of Super Mario Galaxy 1.

Firstly lol at the bolded, throwing water to the floor and other things isn't platforming neither is fun, just feels like chore work, also its inclusion meant the exclusion of the long jump, the game was more focused in colecting things and using the fludd than in the platforming, which was masterful in the Galaxy games. Also I never said the game was completely bad, that's why I said "the nearest I've been from playing a bad Nintendo game"

Neff

Can someone please forgive my ignorance and explain what the hell "Urban Champion" is? :)

Imagine a 'fighting game' with no depth, no strategy, no technique, just two guys jerkily moving forwards and backwards, trading the same punch move, while a man drops random objects on you from above.

It has a certain '80s Nintendo-y audiovisual charm about it, but trust me, it's terrible.

Also yeah, I'll vouch for Stack-Up. It's shit. Gyromite is ok though.

Also anyone not playing Yoshi's Story as a high score game is playing it wrong.

Ozium

I just watched a video of Mario Pinball Land and it looks absolutely disgusting.. Thank you for saving me 7 dollars or however much it is on the eShop... unwishlisting

Famassu

no.

Wii Music is good if you view it for what it is. It's not a rhythm game, it's not parappa/space channel 5/whatever you want it to be. It's like saying a guitar or a violin is "the worst music game I ever tried." It's an instrument, much like Wii Music is a collection of tools to create sounds, and then put those sounds together to create music.. Wii Music isn't a game, you can't win or lose and the amount of enjoyment and creativity you get out of it is up to how much you put into it.

Wii Music isn't something you play "to get through" or "to beat" If you are viewing it as such then that is based on your perceptions, not what it was created for..

Wii Music 4 lyfe
It's shit as a music creation tool as well.

big_erk

Stack Up and the other game that came with ROB are really, really fucking bad.

Come on, you played them with a robot. A robot, man!

Actually ROB was kinda cool. Noisy, slow, and clunky but cool. Actually the only reason I played those games was for ROB. Yeah, they sucked.

To those listing Sticker Star as the worst, how can it be that bad compared to Super Paper Mario? Nintendo turned an rpg into possibly the worst platformer to ever bare the Mario name. The gameplay was a clunky snoozefest.

Sticker Star may not have had much of a story or a reason to grind, but I had so much fun battling and solving the puzzles. No way it's even the worst in its own series, let alone Nintendo's entire catalog.

Oh man..gotta say this. Anytime people argue for more story in Mario games, that game makes me want to scream NO. So much god damn boring dialogue.

Imagine a 'fighting game' with no depth, no strategy, no technique, just two guys jerkily moving forwards and backwards, trading the same punch move, while a man drops random objects on you from above.

It has a certain '80s Nintendo-y audiovisual charm about it, but trust me, it's terrible.

I trust you Neff. Thanks for the info, man. Hopefully I won't do something stupid like drink with my friends and go "Hey, let's buy something dumb on the eShop," next day when I wake up I realize I have Urban Champion on my Wii U.

I mean, it can't be any worse than Shaq Fu, can it?. That might be literally the worst fighting game in existence.

Famassu

Firstly lol at the bolded, throwing water to the floor and other things isn't platforming neither is fun, just feels like chore work, also its inclusion meant the exclusion of the long jump, the game was more focused in colecting things and using the fludd than in the platforming, which was masterful in the Galaxy games. Also I never said the game was completely bad, that's why I said "the nearest I've been from playing a bad Nintendo game"
Washing shit isn't the most exciting ever, but it doesn't really take all that much time during the game overall. You spend more time in Super Mario 64's horrible swimming levels than washing shit throughout Sunshine all in all. If you can take SM64 swimming in all its long-ass-feeling boredome, then washing a bit of crap for a few seconds here and there won't kill you, especially when you can make it a bit more interesting than by goofing around while you do it.

And FLUDD made a lot of neat platforming stuff possible if you knew how to use it, washing shit wasn't its main use.

cassidyarch

Neo Member
"Eeee Ayyyyy Ohhhhhh" (cue the opening music)

I'll continue to pile on Yoshi's Story. I'm also a day 1 buyer, coming off of the high that was Yoshi's Island.

Extra negative marks for being the game that introduced Yoshi's annoying noises.

Kid Icarus Uprising it's certainly one of the worse, can't play it no matter what I try to make of the controlls. But I think you either love or hate Kid Icarus.

Holy shit at the hyperbole in this thread. The OP is asking for the WORST Nintendo game, not the one that you didn't like, or the one that let you down the most.

I would say it is easily one of Nintendo's NES era titles. I haven't played all of them (lucky me), but stuff like Yoshi (NES) and Ice Climbers are pretty terrible.

Ozium

I imagine this has already been mentioned once but ...

x2Qmqni.jpg

And I enjoyed the Wii one so much.

?

I got this from club nintendo and played it when I got a Wii U and enjoy it quite a bit... Why does everyone seem so down on this game? :(

you enjoyed the wii one? that was a warioware game... game & wario isn't warioware...

Shaanyboi

Banned
htfsk.gif

Seriously, I mean, the game is a work of love, the controls are highly customizable, too

I haven't played any of the "bad" Nintendo games like Wii Music, Urban champion, Yoshi's story, Metroid other m, etc but the nearest I've been from playing a bad Nintendo game is Mario Sunshine with its tedious blue coin collectathon, horrible camera, weak levels, lack of level variety, intrusive fludd and overall weak platforming.

I'm talking about original NES Kid Icarus, not Uprising,
Though Uprising did suffer from incredibly uncomfortable controls.

Somnid

If people think Kid Icarus Uprising is the worst then that really says it all about Nintendo quality doesn't it?

The worst ones in the last 20 years people might remember like Yoshi's Topsy Turvey, Mario Pinball Land and Flingsmash are not Nintendo developed, just published. Basically it's between a few early NES games.

Top Bottom