• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

Amazon was a day late. Can't complain though, got Splatoon 2 on pre-order for $8 thanks to that

More importantly, I can finally test the Surge case! Its (almost) perfect!

gHOxKUx.jpg

JVNAAYL.jpg

The elastic bands are definitely weird, if I don't get used to that I may just snip em off.

Sorry I don't have a USBC cable to throw in there, but there looks to be more than enough room for the 2 joycon straps & a cable.

I also tried to see how hard I'd need to push down on the top of the case to get the analog switch to click. I should see if I have anything I can measure the force with, but I think unless you're carrying around a bag of loose knives, you're going to be OK.

Socreges

Banned
Is the Hori Tough Pouch as thin as the Official Nintendo one?

I'll be throwing the case in a larger laptop bag when I travel and my only concern is a little protection and as thin as possible...

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
well, this will be my solution.
Yeah, I just need something handy and snug to keep the joycons in and I'm cool. I actually want an official case that takes space advantage of the fact that the thing breaks apart. These cases are too long for me I guess.

Any of the good Anker travel AC adapters would work well.

I use this one: [Upgraded] Anker 2-Port 24W USB Wall Charger PowerPort 2 with PowerIQ for iPhone 7 / 6s / Plus, iPad Air 2 / mini 3, Galaxy S Series, Note Series, LG, Nexus, HTC and More https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LCDT7FC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Awesome , thanks for the link

Which port do you use for the switch ? The regular one or the fast one ? Does it charge as fast as the regular Nintendo charger ?

Pretty disappointed that the official case doesn't fit the Joy Con straps in the mesh pouch. I picked that one over the PDP card cuz I thought I could carry those easily.

Magwik

Banned
Amazon was a day late. Can't complain though, got Splatoon 2 on pre-order for $8 thanks to that

More importantly, I can finally test the Surge case! Its (almost) perfect!

The elastic bands are definitely weird, if I don't get used to that I may just snip em off.

Sorry I don't have a USBC cable to throw in there, but there looks to be more than enough room for the 2 joycon straps & a cable.

I also tried to see how hard I'd need to push down on the top of the case to get the analog switch to click. I should see if I have anything I can measure the force with, but I think unless you're carrying around a bag of loose knives, you're going to be OK.
I really am liking this case as well. Also the straps are awkward as hell lol.

Went with the pdp mario icon case at gamestop. Works as well as a 15-20$ case should. Id ideally like something more premium but its fine. Cant imagine the nintendo case is any better.

Samaritan

Other than the official Hybrid case, are there any other covers for the Switch that also double as a stand? There's a cover coming out in Japan, but it doesn't appear to stand up. Something like an iPad Smart Cover would be just perfect for the Switch.

TunaLover

nnPGMPpl.jpg

My Sheikah Slate Pouch holds everything I need. Can't be more happy about it.
I have the Sheikah Slate too, it has plenty of space, I'm a little paranoid about the bessel material though, the design is so damn clean that whatever scratch would ruin it!

7.25-x-12-Bubble-Wrap-Heat-Seal-Mailer-Envelope-1000px.jpg

Same one as I use for 3DS. Every other case isn't shipping for a while, so as dumb as this looks, it works well enough when stuffed into a messenger bag.

Lgndryhr

Now that the system is out and cases are in people's hands. I'm torn between the RDS deluxe traveler case or Butterfox case (it's on Amazon). Then I will look at a larger case for long travel or visiting a freind's house such as one of the messenger bags made for it or RDS' system case.

I decided to go with the RDS one, purchased through Amazon and it's sold out for a while. I'll check stores through out the week and see if I can pick one up. From the videos and the pictures I've seen, I like the RDS the most.
I just love the idea of the game card cases being placed into the indention at the bottom of the case. I was wondering where they could go. Great idea! I also like the little mesh pocket that velcros down on top of the Switch.
It's also quite slim and has a handle. Very handy in deed!

Veitsev

Is the Hori Tough Pouch as thin as the Official Nintendo one?

I'll be throwing the case in a larger laptop bag when I travel and my only concern is a little protection and as thin as possible...

I don't recommend it. I returned it. It feels cheap and is actually thicker than the RDS deluxe case I bought over it. Its very basic and the Switch isn't packed in as tight as it can be. The RDS is more sturdy and smaller. It also has a zip pouch inside (for headphones) and comes with plastic game card holders that fit in their own slots. There are indentations for the joy-cons and the unit as well as indentations below where the switch goes to fit the plastic game card cases so they are flush with the case. Its very well designed.

Socreges

Banned
I don't recommend it. I returned it. It feels cheap and is actually thicker than the RDS deluxe case I bought over it. Its very basic and the Switch isn't packed in as tight as it can be. The RDS is more sturdy and smaller. It also has a zip pouch inside (for headphones) and comes with plastic game card holders that fit in their own slots. There are indentations for the joy-cons and the unit as well as indentations below where the switch goes to fit the plastic game card cases so they are flush with the case. Its very well designed.
Hmm alright. How thick is the RDS one? Can you actually tell me in inches/cm? Make or break would be if I could fit it in a slot in my laptop bag.

The current case I've got is more like a sleeve and is quite thin. Very little protection and space for anything else. So I'll want to upgrade eventually.

Anyone try out the official Nintendo Switch messenger bag that best buy has? I think Hyperkin has a bag for it too.

But theres no Best Buy in my area and gamestop apparently is carrying all their Switch accessories online ONLY.

This sucks. Walmart has nothing in-store either.

Vitacat

Good to know the Hori isn't that great. I picked up the RDS and it's excellent.

Poppyseed

nnPGMPpl.jpg

My Sheikah Slate Pouch holds everything I need. Can't be more happy about it.

You have to... slide the Switch into its place? Uh... that's just a recipe for disaster in terms of screen scratching. I assume you can just cut that piece of... elastic (?) off?

NeonBlack

Anyone try out the official Nintendo Switch messenger bag that best buy has? I think Hyperkin has a bag for it too.

But theres no Best Buy in my area and gamestop apparently is carrying all their Switch accessories online ONLY.

This sucks. Walmart has nothing in-store either.

Tried Target?

//ARCANUM

You have to... slide the Switch into its place? Uh... that's just a recipe for disaster in terms of screen scratching. I assume you can just cut that piece of... elastic (?) off?

No, it's a piece of Velcro you place the Switch down in the case and then attach the Velcro for added protection. No sliding necessary.

Crazyorloco

That elastic is attaches with Velcro to another piece in the middle. If it bothers anyone they can just rest the system on top of it. It's a great case. I don't think it'll scratch it...but time will tell.

I think everyone should get a screen protector on their switch. Just in case.

The Sheikah Slate case is really nicely made. Glad I decided to upgrade to the special edition (and had the chance to). Between the CD, coin, Map, and case it was definitely worth the extra 40.

Top Bottom