• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is your Switch travel case solution (if any)?

Poppyseed

No, it's a piece of Velcro you place the Switch down in the case and then attach the Velcro for added protection. No sliding necessary.

That elastic is attaches with Velcro to another piece in the middle. If it bothers anyone they can just rest the system on top of it. It's a great case. I don't think it'll scratch it...but time will tell.

I think everyone should get a screen protector on their switch. Just in case.

Oh I see. It's exactly like the Tunic Zelda case I have, which I freaking hate. It's oversized for the Switch, so it slides left and right in it. I HATE IT.

I assume the Sheikah case is exactly the same, since it looks.... exactly the same.

http://tendoswitch.com/merch-zelda-...-botw-special-edition-30-available-on-amazon/

Xdrive05

I bought the official one from Best Buy just to have a case and screen protector right from the start. Honestly I'm pretty happy with it. The screen protector is fine and nothing really special. There's enough room in the case for both wrist straps and your earbuds. But not enough for the charge cable. You'll have to throw that in your bag along with this case. It has a felt lining that forms a protective pocket around the edges, and there's a little space between that "pocket" and the zipper, so it's cushioned for falls pretty well I'd say. But it's soft and not hard, keep in mind.

It's fine if you want safe and conservative. But I'll probably eventually replace it with something a little larger that I can also keep the charging cable in.

1upsuper

Does the standard PDP case have enough room for the two wrist strap attachments? I just want a case that can carry some games, the console, the joycons, and the wrist straps. I'm fine with lugging the charger around separately.

Coda

I got this PDP case from GameStop. I like the canvas look of it compared to a bulky hard-case and the Mario design is cool. I'm probably going to be throwing it in a backpack on the go so I'll have that for additional protection.

Picked up this case as well, it's great!

I ended up getting the RDS case. It's really nice. And only thing I don't like is the game cases are stored behind the switch and you can hear it rattle when you shake it. I will prob put a cleaning cloth between the game cases and my switch

KaYotiX

Banned
Grabbed the insignia one from best buy. It does the Job but I'd like a high quality one later on. Needed one because I am taking it out of town for work.

unrealist

Anyone prefer squarish / less wider ones? Meaning the tablet and joycons will be detached. The joycons in one compartment and the tablet in another.

Something like this: here

Drago

Ordered the Butterfox case earlier today, should hopefully be here this week. It seems very durable, looks nice, carries a ton of games and has a lot of extra storage room. Might be a bit on the bulkier side but it seems like it'll do everything I need it to do and then some. I'll post more impressions about it when it gets here.

Macka

RDS-Industries-Inc-Nintendo-Switch-Game-Traveler-Deluxe-Travel-Case-Zelda-Breath-of-the-Wild-Link-Grey-2.jpg

It seems pretty cool. Hard outer shell, nice and soft on the inside. The 'pouch' is velvety on the back so it covers the screen without scratching it.

I still need a screen protector though. I've heard good things about the amFilm tempered glass ones, but they seem almost impossible to get in Australia, and the one site I've found that will ship them here would charge me ~$50 for it lol.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Any more impressions of the PDP case? I think that one looks great, but it sounds like maybe it would be better to go for the RDS one.

1upsuper

Ordered the Butterfox case earlier today, should hopefully be here this week. It seems very durable, looks nice, carries a ton of games and has a lot of extra storage room. Might be a bit on the bulkier side but it seems like it'll do everything I need it to do and then some. I'll post more impressions about it when it gets here.

Oh, this one looks great actually. Might have to pick this one up.

//ARCANUM

I'm planning on making a Nintendo Switch "case-off" video where I compare different cases. I'll be showing off:

Official case
HORI tough pouch
Sheikah Slate case (aka the PDP case)
RDS case

I'm just waiting for the RDS case to be delivered to make the video. Hopefully it helps some people out!

Socreges

Banned
I'm planning on making a Nintendo Switch "case-off" video where I compare different cases. I'll be showing off:

Official case
HORI tough pouch
RDS case

I'm just waiting for the RDS case to be delivered to make the video. Hopefully it helps some people out!
looking forward to this..

mrk8885

Banned
I'm using the travel case that came with zelda special edition, but I'm putting the foam that came with switch over the screen when I use it.

Lexxism

Official case
HORI tough pouch
RDS case

Oh. Perfect. I was actually waiting for this.

Jintor

It seems pretty cool. Hard outer shell, nice and soft on the inside. The 'pouch' is velvety on the back so it covers the screen without scratching it.

I still need a screen protector though. I've heard good things about the amFilm tempered glass ones, but they seem almost impossible to get in Australia, and the one site I've found that will ship them here would charge me ~$50 for it lol.

Is this the travellers one? Big w or JB hi-fi?

Rootbeer

Banned
Sooo the case I ordered still hasn't shipped and cases are sold out online all over the place. I'm gonna hit up some local stores today and see if i can find anything :/

I literally brought my Switch with me to work in a 3DS scrunchie bag it's all I have that can hold it. Vita cases are too small

Using my BOTW special edition case, brought the switch to work with me today and got 30 min of shovel knight in before the day started. Gonna play some BOTW on my lunch break.

Anybody know what the best screen protectors are? This $8 thing from GameStop isn't gonna cut it.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pdp-nin...screen-protection-kit/5721103.p?skuId=5721103

I used this one and so far, no probes. No stratches when using the dock, finger prints, etc.

And a quick question for Switch-GAF:

Has anyone bought this case:

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-premium-case-zelda-edition/-/A-52167116

Do you put the switch inside or outside of the nylon lining? I know what the pic shows no has anyone have any problems with markings?

Does the screen protector that comes with the official case have a removable film on both sides or is it just on the side with adhesive? I honestly can't tell..

_h8bit

Banned
Got the backpack on release day and despite my earlier reservations, it's actually not that bad. Handle and straps feel really nice, there are two large pockets and plenty of room for my MBP and charger. Still kinda sucks that the interior is nylon but it's not the worst.

tommyguns

Just picked one up from Toys R Us for $20.

It's superb!

Perfectly molded to fit the Switch and joycons, really thoughtful and very protective design. The 2 included game cases (hold 4 carts each) fit into slots in the inner moulding of the case for storage, and a nice pocket to fit earbuds or whatnot. Nice materials everywhere, and good construction. You don't need the Hori if you have this case. In fact, this is better since it holds more games and iMO looks nicer too.

So, yeah. The RDS is a safe bet and a very nice case for the Switch. Love it.

PS - Cancelled the crap PDP one on Amazon. I suggest everyone y do the same.

My problem the RDS case is that it doesn't sit flat on a table. (Not a big deal ) However, the game cases at the bottom, one doesn't sit flat and wobbles, which makes the switch itself wobble a bit as well and not sit completely flat.

Have one more coming in to see if it is a wide spread problem or just mine was weird. If both are this way, I will just return both and wait until I find something else.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/pdp-nin...screen-protection-kit/5721103.p?skuId=5721103

I used this one and so far, no probes. No stratches when using the dock, finger prints, etc.

And a quick question for Switch-GAF:

Has anyone bought this case:

http://www.target.com/p/nintendo-switch-premium-case-zelda-edition/-/A-52167116

Do you put the switch inside or outside of the nylon lining? I know what the pic shows no has anyone have any problems with markings?

I bought the one in question and have been placing my switch in there when not used. So far no issues. You just have to stretch it up when inserting the nylon net part. I put the switch with joycon attached inside.

j-wood

Hey what does

mean and is that an actual problem? 🤔

I means that when you put the switch in, the inside flap is supposed to (i think) cover the screen. The problem is that in order to unzip it where the switch is on the bottom, you have to open it what appears to be upside down, with the nintendo logo on top, and the Switch logo on the bottom.

Lgndryhr

Brought my Switch to work to play during breaks as well as show coworkers. Threw it in a laptop sleeve case for now.

So, I got the official case on launch day. It's a nice case, but you can't fit anything but the system and a few games in it.

Got my Zelda Master Edition case a day later. It fits everything in it, but the system doesn't fit snug (kind of slides around in there). I also don't like the way the middle partition lands on the system when closed.

Got the RDS case yesterday. Fantastic case that fits the system perfectly into the molded tray on the bottom. Games are stored in little plastic cases (up to 8), and the Joy-Con wrist straps fit nicely into the pouch. Unfortunately, I can't really fit a USB-C cable in there.

The RDS case is the best, but not really perfect.

I have the $14.99 PDP "Premium Console Case"and I would suggest everyone steer clear.

The net can be kinda tough to get the Switch in and out of and the zipper is positioned in a way that can seriously scratch your Switch (defeating the whole purpose of owning this case)

I got the official case because I wanted the most minimal one I could find. I like it fine except I do kind of wish I could fit 2 joycon straps in it better. An image on the box shows the straps fitting into the interior pouch, and they can go in there, but as a result the case bulges way too much for my liking. A fine case otherwise. The screen protector seems good so far too, though I'll probably replace it with tempered glass at some point.

Well, no Problems with it on my end.
So you're telling me yours does not bulge out in the area where the straps are stored? Because I can't put mine in without it bulging outward of the case which also means it's putting pressure down in the center on the screen. If it was designed to fit them, it wouldn't bulge out like that. There needs to be more room to allow the joycon straps to fit properly.

I want that RDS case, but i just missed out on the one that a local target had in stock.

I don't feel like paying $6 shipping from gamestop.

Maybe amazon will have more before too long.

Top Bottom