• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which member had the best exit on GAF Or: A Very Happy GAF History Lesson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leunam

BAMAN said:
IN IRC with Costanza right now and well

" Evilore has that Red Scarlet story all wrong. All she gave me were the details of Darkpen's banning because he had been lying to me about what really happened. I confronted him, and he went to Kagari whining because I wouldn't give up my source. She wasn't giving me fucking personal information on users."

Tell him that what he did is still a dick move.

numble

BAMAN said:

" Evilore has that Red Scarlet story all wrong. All she gave me were the details of Darkpen's banning because he had been lying to me about what really happened. I confronted him, and he went to Kagari whining because I wouldn't give up my source. She wasn't giving me fucking personal information on users."
I've heard that other mods believed Red did nothing wrong.

robojimbo

Lionheart1827 said:
Whatever happened to Pimpwerx? He was the guy who always said PEACE after all his posts. A lot of people hated it, I just thought it was silly and didn't mind.
I heard he had an alt account.

PEACE

DMeisterJ

Banned
Great Rumbler said:
Yeah, Red Scarlet committed the mortal sin of exposing the contents of a ban message to C0stanza.

There are some highly interesting posts on THAT OTHER FORUM for those willing to do a bit of searching.
Do tell

daffy

Banned
Great Rumbler said:
Yeah, Red Scarlet committed the mortal sin of exposing the contents of a ban message to C0stanza.

There are some highly interesting posts on THAT OTHER FORUM for those willing to do a bit of searching.
Whaa? Other forums are reading this and commenting? Crazy..

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Amir0x said:
It's amazing how you do this. Say so much so clearly without ever saying the actual people you're talking about lol.

Yeah, we could deal with him but I think he has a hot sister in playboy or something so all the mods just sort of do nothing. Plus, he's like the only one that ever makes good puns so it's everyone else following in his footsteps that is fucked :p
the magneato one was simple and good. And it only had 10 posts so wave of lame ones.

ampere

Amir0x really surprised me when I first joined GAF because I'd never seen a mod fiercely argue with someone, but not ban them

I remember my first ban... I was asking about how to RROD my Xbox so I could get a replacement, funny I didn't realize it was warranty fraud until a mod pointed it out for me haha

numble said:
I've heard that other mods believed Red did nothing wrong.

If she just gave out what the ban message was, that IS nothing.

This gonna be good.

ciaossu said:
Amir0x really surprised me when I first joined GAF because I'd never seen a mod fiercely argue with someone, but not ban them

I remember my first ban... I was asking about how to RROD my Xbox so I could get a replacement, funny I didn't realize it was warranty fraud until a mod pointed it out for me haha

Exactly. He's good people. I had a heated argument a while back and came out unscathed. He doesn't let his ego interfere with his role.

Amir0x said:
We have a no conspiracy rule sorry

People conspire on a daily basis. Besides, nothing wrong with an opinionated Mod as long as they are reasonable, charming, funny and friendly - qualities I bring to the table in abundance. Coincidentally, I'd introduce higher standards for threads relating to the paranormal.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
KaotikMind said:
I think Amir0x would be alright if he learned to stop trolling, which he seems to do a lot honestly.

I like his posts because his irreverent style upsets so many people. It's always fun to watch from afar.

Zeliard

Leona Lewis said:
After that shitstorm of puns in the thread about the Yale student who died in a lathe accident, I wish he'd followed through.

This thread is fucking fascinating, by the way. I've been lurking GAF since the great "megaton" fiasco of 2003(?) so all these names and legendary meltdowns are giving me major flashbacks.

Amir0x said:
I actually agree with that but it's not up to me. pun-GAF is infuriatingly annoying.

Yeah it can get quite old when posted in stories about terrible shit happening, and the people making the puns say they do it as a way to cope. Nobody buys that guys. At least just admit you're doing it for the lulz. :>

CHEEZMO™ said:
Why are so many of the mods predominantly active in Gaming? I look at the Mod/Admin list and half the names I dont recognise. Take a trip over to Gaming and there's mods all over that bitch.

OT needs more mods, in my opinion...

*waits patiently*

Haha it's true that many do seem to gravitate to Gaming, but then Gaming probably has more member traffic, and thus more of a necessity for regular modding.

The Shadow said:
Geez....so despite the pretty good reputation Red Scarlet has on here, that shit is pretty unforgivable. Perfect example where the myth is better than the facts.

Yeah, after the culling of the football thread a few years ago I worked out that she didn't deserve the reputation she had.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
BAMAN said:

Private information, not personal information. RIF. Information from the mod forum about a poster given to Costanza, after Costanza had already been permanently banned for scheming to attack the forum.

Please don't repost anything from Costanza again. He's permed for a reason.

Esch

Banned
Great Rumbler said:

indeed.

cloudwalking said:
i'll just get jarosh to knock me up real quick...
l
o
l

daffy

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
People conspire on a daily basis. Besides, nothing wrong with an opinionated Mod as long as they are reasonable, charming, funny and friendly - qualities I bring to the table in abundance. Coincidentally, I'd introduce higher standards for threads relating to the paranormal.
Oh rly

NewFresh

EviLore said:
Private information, not personal information. RIF. Information from the mod forum about a poster given to Costanza, after Costanza had already been permanently banned for scheming to attack the forum.

Please don't repost anything from Costanza again. He's permed for a reason.

The law. Interesting to see so much interest in one ban

I would have said Torgo but after checking I see he was only Juniored. It would have been impressive to be banned for posting the same thread each week for like 150 weeks in a row (the psnation podcast thread). Look out kass :(

Could have swore he was banned though. Maybe it was for like a week and then he became a junior after that

ampere

Meus Renaissance said:
Know why they call it paranormal?

It's all fake

DKehoe said:
It really sucked that no one on that show called him out on the bullshit he was spewing. Should have got Shawn Elliot or someone in who would have been willing to do more than just sit back. I remember reading Evillore saying he would have appeared on the show if asked which would have made for a really interesting listen.
Garnett argued with him, not always coherently perhaps (I think alcohol was involved.)

Atramental said:
Meus Renaissance
is being watched.
(Today, 04:37 PM)
Reply | Quote

Don't know where this tag came from. It was certainly before I began creating UFO threads.

InsertNameHere said:
It's just a conspiracy against you.

I actually had 'Sounds like a conspiracy against me' as my original post :p

LProtag

Meus Renaissance said:

It's just a conspiracy against you.

Straight from Red Scarlet:

If anything, the whole situation was pretty jarring and disappointing. I thought I did enough nice/helpful things to counteract the super-deadly-to-the-forum act of showing one banned person another banned person's ban reason because they were being a confrontational liar about it. But apparently not.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Amir0x said:
I actually agree with that but it's not up to me. pun-GAF is infuriatingly annoying.
I'd probably throw Pun-Gaf in with Memes or Port begging. You get one, you'll get a flood and it just wrecks any thread that it happens in.

Amir0x

Banned
KaotikMind said:
I think Amir0x would be alright if he learned to stop trolling, which he seems to do a lot honestly.

I don't troll at all. Most people just simply don't know what trolling means. Trolls do not sit around responding to every point people make, typing up thousand word justifications and clarifications of positions replete with links, statistics and more. I genuinely believe in every word I say, even if I don't actually take videogame discussion as seriously as it may seem.

I am, of course, abrasive and stubborn, and throw in more than a little conviction, but that's not the same thing as trolling. Most people just don't like that it comes from a mod, because they think mods need to be "above the fray." Maybe they do kind of, but i am very opinionated by nature. I'm from Brooklyn :p

ciassou said:

Because I don't want to ban people for talking with me! I want to have real discussions with people. I only find discussions where people actually disagree with me interesting because it is in those discussions I learn something. It's not about proving someone wrong, it's about learning.

But so many people are used to other forums where if a mod debates that they might get banned or something, and they think that gives me an unfair advantage so they have this warped view of me debating. So many times I hear people are afraid I will ban them when I never ban for participating in conversations with me, not even once, unless someone explicitly drops an insult.

Garjon

HamPster PamPster said:
I would have said Torgo but after checking I see he was only Juniored. It would have been impressive to be banned for posting the same thread each week for like 150 weeks in a row (the psnation podcast thread). Look out kass :(
Kassatsu's fine, I think the reason he was juniored was because he was repeatedly making threads to post his own media, whereas the weekly PSN news threads count as news.

Leunam

Cerebral Assassin said:
Yeah, after the culling of the football thread a few years ago I worked out that she didn't deserve the reputation she had.

I remember this happening but not why or what peoples reactions to it were.

Need mods in OT? Make me one. I'd be a golden god belching fire, great and terrible. The skin of trolls would slough off their bodies from merely glimpsing my name, and a ban from me would result in all of the troll's future conceived children being stillborn.

-COOLIO-

The Everyman
ciaossu said:
ya mods here are pretty good about that, but you might end up with a tag

ampere

Amir0x said:
Because I don't want to ban people for talking with me! I want to have real discussions with people. I only find discussions where people actually disagree with me interesting because it is in those discussions I learn something. It's not about proving someone wrong, it's about learning.

But so many people are used to other forums where if a mod debates that they might get banned or something, and they think that gives me an unfair advantage so they have this warped view of me debating. So many times I hear people are afraid I will ban them when I never ban for participating in conversations with me, not even once, unless someone explicitly drops an insult.
It's still hard to look at the red names and think, hey, I can disagree if I'm reasonable. It's definitely something I liked about coming to GAF though

-COOLIO- said:
ya mods here are pretty good about that, but you might end up with a tag
For all my stupid freak outs in the past, I'm glad I don't have a tag lol

NewFresh

Amir0x said:
I don't troll at all.....

Troll is a bit much. I can understand looking for differing points of view to have an actual discussion. Where people get mixed up is when the discussion turns into an argument about the disagreement

Boy, did this thread get interesting.

I lurked for a few years before registering for an account, so it's interesting hearing what went on during all these years behind the scenes.

TommyT

Amir0x said:
I don't troll at all. Most people just simply don't know what trolling means. Trolls do not sit around responding to every point people make, typing up thousand word justifications and clarifications of positions replete with links, statistics and more. I genuinely believe in every word I say, even if I don't actually take videogame discussion as seriously as it may seem.

I am, of course, abrasive and stubborn, and throw in more than a little conviction, but that's not the same thing as trolling...

Hmm maybe I haven't gotten as close as I thought... There is still hope!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom