• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii Fit U | OT | Don't Forget to Breathe!

So how the hell am I supposed to get the Wii Fit Meter if it's sold out everywhere? It's either getting it for $35 on Amazon's third party sellers or $54 on Newegg. :/

I am 14years older for my Wii Fit age :(

I won't be able to get the balance board's little voice out of my head

and transmitting transmitting for the Wii Fit Meter voice

So how the hell am I supposed to get the Wii Fit Meter if it's sold out everywhere? It's either getting it for $35 on Amazon's third party sellers or $54 on Newegg. :/

is this a thing? how do you sell out of Fit Meters?

zigg

I put in a backorder with Amazon the other day. Might as well at least get in line. At one point they had an estimated date.

It may be time to start expressing concern to Nintendo that trials will expire if they don't get their act together with shipments, and if they can't make shipments, they should update the trials to last an additional 30 days or so.

EDIT: Actually looks like TRU may have them in some stores? None local to me though. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=28674536&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

Tumo

Glad to join the EuroGaf fitness group!

zlCfzRLM3PcWkpyv5A

Still waiting on my fit meter but saw in the menu you can register it to a dog?
Yep. If you have £20 to spare, and want to monitor the altitude of your dog, this is a great investment.

Plan is complete, she is -357ft.

HoS2xT5.jpg

Exile20

I put in a backorder with Amazon the other day. Might as well at least get in line. At one point they had an estimated date.

It may be time to start expressing concern to Nintendo that trials will expire if they don't get their act together with shipments, and if they can't make shipments, they should update the trials to last an additional 30 days or so.

EDIT: Actually looks like TRU may have them in some stores? None local to me though. http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=28674536&prodFindSrc=search&cp=

All sold out by me too. I have one but wow this thing is hard to get.

Wow makes me glad I got two for me and the Girlfriend. Also, does anyone know how I can set the altitude, or does it simply measure difference in altitude, not actual altitude?

Tumo

Yeah, I got my Fit Meter today and the altitude really seems off. It puts me at -46ft which is ridiculous.

Wow makes me glad I got two for me and the Girlfriend. Also, does anyone know how I can set the altitude, or does it simply measure difference in altitude, not actual altitude?

If you hold down the two arrow buttons it resets the altitude to 0, though it seems to quickly loose track again. I think it's doing it by pressure so it's never going to be very accurate.

RaidenZR

Just launched the game to sync my Fit Meter after walking around all day and apparently there was an update fed out sometime in the last few hours. Anyone know what it did?

Exile20

Just launched the game to sync my Fit Meter after walking around all day and apparently there was an update fed out sometime in the last few hours. Anyone know what it did?

"In training, there now is section showing what parts of the body the exercises help out, Such as arms and chest, Glutes, legs, You can now pick exercises and see what part of your body you've been working out."

From a banned site.

zigg

please let it be the trainer shutting up between exercises

please let it be the trainer shutting up between exercises

please…

Lazaro

Last night I received a survey worth 50Stars for playing the Wii Fit U trial. Applies to Europe/AUS-NZ region. Check your Inboxes. lol.

kitsuneyo

"In training, there now is section showing what parts of the body the exercises help out, Such as arms and chest, Glutes, legs, You can now pick exercises and see what part of your body you've been working out."

From a banned site.

That was there before the update. I think it appears after a week of using Wii Fit U.

Downloading it now, it's only 44MB so nothing major.

Edit - doesn't add community leaderboards, or anything new from what I can see.

iphys

Pretty sure it's just the bug fix for people that were having problems transferring their old Wii data to the game.

cacildo

Pretty sure it's just the bug fix for people that were having problems transferring their old Wii data to the game.

I saw some guy on miiverse saying exactly this, but he said it like he saw this as some official info from nintendo japan (translated from japanese)

Dont know if its true, since i never wanted to import my original wii fit data anyway....

At least the update was downloaded while my system was off, and when i botted WiiFitU it already said "software updated"

gotee12

hm my wii fit plus data were transfered successfully without the patch. maybe it was related to the wii fit 1?
I only had Wii fit 1 data to transfer. Both mine and my wife's data transferred successfully. Though I had already done a system transfer from Wii to Wii U so maybe the issue affected folks who tried to just move save data from their Wii.

zigg

Just got an estimated arrival date from them for my backorder: November 18. Since I have Prime this must mean they expect a shipment November 16. That said, the product page doesn't reflect this, so it may be too late to get in on this shipment.

iphys

I still haven't got my Meter yet, but does it say what the safe operating temperature range is? I don't dare take it outside exposed in a Canadian winter, because even if it can handle the cold, I don't want moisture to condense on it every time I take it indoors after and then have that eventually wreck it. They say not to put it in your pocket or anything, but I really think it would be bad not to hide it under your coat to try to protect it from the cold somewhat.

zigg

So Wii Fit U suggests a healthy weight for me.....is exactly what I already weigh. And there's me wanting to drop 5lbs or so. Hmm...
Must be nice. Wii Fit has always suggested I should drop about 40 lbs. more than my doctor says I should. 😄

I bring this thing with me every day to work, and the first thing I do when I get back is sync up to get those Fit Meter challenges! What challenges are y'all working on now? I'm getting through the New York City run and the Burj Khalifa.

zigg

BTW, you guys weren't kidding about the altimeter. I love how the first floor of my house has gradually risen 45 feet since I first synced the meter yesterday. 😄

So is this still sold out or did retailers restock it?
Amazon still has them. Retailers sound like a YMMV thing.

I never used the first wii fit but this has been a god send

15 days in a row doing the routines and syncing fit meter, have dropped 3.5-4kgs and feeling a ton better. have started to watch my food and do some skipping/running inbetwen also.

doesn't apply to everyone I'm sure but this piece of software was the kick I needed, who woulda thought.

RaidenZR

15 days in a row doing the routines and syncing fit meter, have dropped 3.5-4kgs and feeling a ton better. have started to watch my food and do some skipping/running inbetwen also.

doesn't apply to everyone I'm sure but this piece of software was the kick I needed, who woulda thought.
I didn't need Wii Fit U for motivation (I run regularly) but I've been using it everyday since it came out in some capacity. I've also used it as a starting point to practice honing my diet. Been trying to cut out a lot of the undesirables.

It's a really good program through and through. I hope to stick with it for a while.

bumpkin

Must be nice. Wii Fit has always suggested I should drop about 40 lbs. more than my doctor says I should. 😄
I was actually shocked when it said I was in the normal range for BMI. A sharp contrast to when I was using Wii Fit Plus last year. It's not surprising to me as I've lost 20-25 lbs since then, but still felt like I had done the impossible!

I haven't started using Wii Fit U for any workouts as I have a gym routine I follow, but I am using it as a complimentary piece via the Fit Meter.

congrats. I currently only weigh myself and try to control the weight by eating appropriately. I have lost about 10 kgs since the beginning of this year but I would love to loose maybe 5 kg more. maybe i should try some routines additionally to that.

Redberyl

Neo Member

been doing a lot more now that i've seen how little i move at work - figured it was 2 to 3 thousand steps easy but it was actually more like 600 a day.

also spotted a couple fit meters at fry's yesterday, not sure if old stock or restock (burbank, ca)

Yes Boss!

been doing a lot more now that i've seen how little i move at work - figured it was 2 to 3 thousand steps easy but it was actually more like 600 a day.

I do walk quite a bit at work. It is an office job but I to move around. I also walk a mile or so to work (and back and forth for lunch). Been averaging 10,000 per day. I always go on a long walk on the weekends as well. Never really knew how long but those have been about 30K steps.

I'm having a ball syncing it and taking care of the map. I've knocked out the little ones and have started the 100-mile Hawaii circuit. Fun!

I'm slim and my BMI is normal, but I have some fat around my waist/belly that I'd like to get rid of, so I'm a bit confused about how to do that while still maintaining that weight.

Sorry if this seems like a minor thing to a lot of people!

Loving the activity meter as I have learned I only move at work to eat...

The exercises are more entertaining but seem less effective than actual exercises due to all the explanations. At least there is beat the trainer mode.I like the focus on balance and the yoga instructions are better than any DVD.

Best game has to be trampoline. Only at 748 but really want to beat 1000.

syoaran

Is the Fit meter accurate... at all?? Temperature and elevation are constantly and almost hilariously off!

Yeah, sadly every elevation meter on every fitness device is off. The game does say, and it is recommended, that you reset the meters elevation every day [think its the left and right buttons on the altitude section of the fitness data]

Top Bottom