• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

jmizzal

I was thinking Fatal Frame WiiU might be the mature third party exclusive hinted at, but is FF games bloody? Does it fit the discription from that guy

Yagami_Sama

Don't release a Fatal Frame for Wii U will be unacceptable.
Two great games for Wii, the game fits the Wii U perfectly.
At least they need to do a HD collection with all four games.

LOCK

The thread OP should include games that are digital only, just note that. Child of Light is just as important and average Joe games being released anyway.

In particular exclusive games ala NES Remix 2.

jmizzal

The thread OP should include games that are digital only, just note that. Child of Light is just as important and average Joe games being released anyway.

In particular exclusive games ala NES Remix 2.

Yea now that the eShop only thread is locked, I think it should have some of the bigger eShop releases in here

daripad

I wish! I tried to get back into it a couple of weeks ago while waiting for Mario Kart 8 but nobody is playing online. I tried it a couple of days in a row but couldn't get a single online match going.
The online community has always been small for this game though. I've had it since launch and can count on one hand the number of times I was able to get in a full 10 player match.

Oh that's a shame :'( The game dissapointed me in a lot of ways, but the single player content will keep me busy until Mario Kart 8 comes outt

Some Nobody

If Nintendo doesn't bring this over it would be really silly. Right now, for the most part more games to fill their near-barren schedule is a GOOD thing.

Gambit

Haven't played Radiant Dawn, but both DK and Rayman are amazing games. Don't miss out on them. If you can only pick one for now, I'd recommend DK.

DK is great, but I'd personally say Legends. Great gamepad use and just a really fun game.

Thanks to both of you as well. I won't miss out on any of those games, as I already own them all.
Tropical Freeze has won out and I've started playing that. I'll keep Rayman Legends till the next time a friend comes by so we can play it co-op instead. One of us being on Murphy duty.

Still on DK's first island.

Regarding the latest news: Fatal Frame for Wii U is a very nice surpirse indeed! Hopefully it will use the gamepad to the fullest

Radiant Dawn is a good Fre Emblem, very challenging, its only downside is that since it has so many characters dedicated supports where dropped a lot of the characters introduced in this game are very one-dimentional.

I'd still recommend it, although only if you have played Path of Radiance first.

I have played Path of Radiance, that's why I am so looking forward to reconnecting with the characters. It's only postponed, I will definitely play it before too long.

Fandangox

Hello Wii U bros,

back after a game and gaf-less len.

What do I start playing now that gaming has me back?

The choices are:
Tropical Freeze
Rayman Legends
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Haven't really played any of them. Suggestions? DK because it's the most recent?

Radiant Dawn is a good Fre Emblem, very challenging, its only downside is that since it has so many characters dedicated supports where dropped a lot of the characters introduced in this game are very one-dimentional.

I'd still recommend it, although only if you have played Path of Radiance first.

Yea now that the eShop only thread is locked, I think it should have some of the bigger eShop releases in here
I think the content of the former eShop thread should be put into the first posts of the Nintendo Downloads thread (into the first post after the traditional stuff of the thread). Wouldn't have to be necessarily the OP of that thread to put it in there but just coordinate a little so the person posting it would be ready when the OP is posting the thread.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
This may have already been posted somewhere, but I haven't seen it:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33403&Title=Watch Dogs&searchkeyword=watch dogs

Watch_Dogs rated by ESRB for Wii U. Another nail in the coffin of the "lulz it's cancelled" argument from some of the pessimists (pessimists is probably a better word to use than trolls or circle jerkers, since not all the pessimists would fit with those descriptors).

there is also an official statement from an interview out today confirming they are working on it. I think that it could be their way of covering next holiday on wiiu considering no AC game, completing a game they already partially developed

I was thinking Fatal Frame WiiU might be the mature third party exclusive hinted at, but is FF games bloody? Does it fit the discription from that guy

I think this is the game. not bloody but mature and scary, niche title from a Japanese softco published by Nintendo.

I'm still waiting for tantalus port reveal and nintendomination eshop nintendo ip hint...

It's not bloody in that you're likely to walk into a room full of blood spurting from the walls, or massively gibbing enemies in fountains of blood, but it does occasionally show up on bodies/enemies.

Fatal_Frame_II_Sae_promo.jpg

BraXzy

I recently got a Wii U and would love some more friends to play with come Smash/Mario Kart :D

My NNID is BraXzy, just like my username on here.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I'll update the OP in the next few days, I'm sorry for the long period of not updating it, just didn't had the time. ^^

No worries, it'd be great to see an update though when you get around to it =). Here's what I see for changes...

DKC has released
Lego Hobbit - released today for Wii U in the US
Mario Kart 8 - 5/30
One Piece Unlimited World Red - 6/27 - EU, July for NA (Digital only for NA Wii U)
Fatal Frame Wii U (new game, likely 2014 b/c of the movie but no confirmation)
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (2014)
Smash = Winter 2014

For indie stuff I'd add Armillo, Shovel Knight & Child of Light. Two are out soon, Shovel Knight doesn't have a date yet, but I assume it's soon as well.

nordique

This may have already been posted somewhere, but I haven't seen it:

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=33403&Title=Watch Dogs&searchkeyword=watch dogs

Watch_Dogs rated by ESRB for Wii U. Another nail in the coffin of the "lulz it's cancelled" argument from some of the pessimists (pessimists is probably a better word to use than trolls or circle jerkers, since not all the pessimists would fit with those descriptors).

Good news

The fact the wii u version has been delayed though, is really going to hurt some potential sales

Really sucks

tebunker

Banned
Good news

The fact the wii u version has been delayed though, is really going to hurt some potential sales

Really sucks
Not gonna lie, I don't care how it sells on the wiiu, as long as it is a well done game, is fun to play, maybe even uses the gamepad well I will gladly buy it.

Hey maybe we can get lucky and it ends up a goty version will some DLC etc included

Mory Dunz

No worries, it'd be great to see an update though when you get around to it =). Here's what I see for changes...

DKC has released
Lego Hobbit - released today for Wii U in the US
Mario Kart 8 - 5/30
One Piece Unlimited World Red - 6/27 - EU, July for NA (Digital only for NA Wii U)
Fatal Frame Wii U (new game, likely 2014 b/c of the movie but no confirmation)
Pac-Man and the Ghostly Adventures 2 (2014)
Smash = Winter 2014

For indie stuff I'd add Armillo, Shovel Knight & Child of Light. Two are out soon, Shovel Knight doesn't have a date yet, but I assume it's soon as well.

Transformers
Child of Light

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Probably Skylanders. I was thinking CoD but the Wii U version would get announced like 5 months after the reveal.

Actually they just revealed the first screenshot of CoD recently... Maybe it's wishful thinking though. It could also be Skylanders like you said, which would be obvious.

prag16

Banned
there is also an official statement from an interview out today confirming they are working on it. I think that it could be their way of covering next holiday on wiiu considering no AC game, completing a game they already partially developed

I haven't ENTIRELY given up on AC yet (but only if there's a separate "last gen" version; and then that's the one Wii U could potentially get), but yeah it's unlikely.

I'd guess Watch Dogs will be a September/October game. And after that 2015 is looking to be pretty damned empty from Ubi other than Just Dance 2016 and maybe another Rayman game whenever they get around to making one, though that team was allegedly working on something else iirc.

Probably Skylanders. I was thinking CoD but the Wii U version would get announced like 5 months after the reveal.

If I had to guess, I'd actually say I think Wii U WILL get the next CoD. It's a relatively cheap port from PS360 in all likelihood, and Activision may see value in filling out the lineup alongside skylanders, their licensed games, and other shovelware here and there.

Whether it actually gets announced at the same time as the other versions is anybody's guess. And of course it's a strong possibility that I'm wrong and it won't come to Wii U. Regardless, I won't get it at launch this time. I'll wait for a price drop. Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me... you can't get fooled again.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
How'd it get locked?

The mods didn't want a thread w/ just a huge list of games. They're ok with like recent releases and stuff and asked us to redirect our content to the monthly Nintendo Downloads thread instead. Aostia put a lot of work into that so it's very unfortunate.

L Thammy

The mods didn't want a thread w/ just a huge list of games. They're ok with like recent releases and stuff and asked us to redirect our content to the monthly Nintendo Downloads thread instead. Aostia put a lot of work into that so it's very unfortunate.

I think it was that they wanted one thread for every online service.

jmizzal

I think Activision will put out Skylanders and the next COD since they have a team that does all the WiiU ports and its cheap to port over.

We wont know about the next AC until its officially announced and we see the press release, we do know it will be a XB1/PS4 version and a 360/PS3 version tho.

Also Disney Infinity Marvel will be announced on the April 30th that will most likely be on WiiU too

Slacker

Skylanders is being announced tomorrow though?

Yep. They're announcing it at an event in NYC. They also teased two new Skylanders on their facebook page:

http://i.imgur.com/pvQuyIO.jpg

I'm excited for the announcement, if only because my son will be so pumped to see the new stuff.

I think the new Disney Infinity game will be announced tomorrow too but I may be misremembering that. (edit: probably so as two posts above this says it's next week. whoops)

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own

I see =/

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yea, I'm sad about the eshop thread...
In any case:

Skylander Ranger could be unveiled also for Wii U, today. I'd be ok, if this means find out Swap on sale ;p

COD will be confirmed for Wii U, if it exists, only in late September imho, as usual: I'd be positive about that because of the recent eshop free update released and because of Treyarche team. I've finished Ghosts yesterday and I liked it, especially due to wiimote and offtv (I can alternatively choose how to play it)

I'm pretty sure that Watchdogs will be WiiU's Assassins creed this incoming holiday season. No way they will release both in the same window, imho. It could be that they still port the PS360 AC game to wii u but it's unlikely. From Ubi I still hope they'll use Ubiart for Prince of Persia new game, also for Wii U.

Another game incoming could be Disney Marvel this August. We'll discover it on April 30th

About Warner Bros: I don't think they'll do another Scribblenauts (I'd like Unmasked released in PAL tough, still looking for a deal on Unlimited), while another Lego game for the Holidays could arrive. And it will be also for Wii U, imho. I'd go nuts for a "Nintendo Lego" game :p
Batman Blackgate HD on the eshop could make me hope for the release of another Batman game for Wii U, if they are developing a title for PS360, but I'm not sure at all after the DLC cancellation for Origins. Mixed messages from them.

Slacker

Yea, I'm sad about the eshop thread...
In any case:

Skylander Ranger could be unveiled also for Wii U, today. I'd be ok, if this means find out Swap on sale ;p

Swap Force is almost always on sale somewhere. Keep an eye on reddit.com/r/skylanders. Last week it was $28 at newegg.

Top Bottom