• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

Lynq

Banned
Dear GAF, help me out.

I was wondering about finaly playing RE: Revelations.

Is it good on Wii U? Any FPS drops? Technical issues? Are the controls OK? Maybe I should just buy PC version?

tebunker

Banned
Dear GAF, help me out.

Is it good on Wii U? Any FPS drops? Technical issues? Are the controls OK? Maybe I should just buy PC version?
I actually enjoy playing it off tv with the pro controller.

I feel like it controls well enough, no technical issues, raid mode is fun. I never played the 3ds version so I can't compare it but I think the game was totally worth the 19.99 I paid for it

Yagami_Sama

Dear GAF, help me out.

I felt more natural play on Wii U than on 3DS.
The game now is quite cheap, I have the japanese version, and on-line community is quite dead.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
I felt more natural play on Wii U than on 3DS.
The game now is quite cheap, I have the japanese version, and on-line community is quite dead.

Weren't people having issues with the control stick/movement on some console versions? I loved it on 3DS though.

Awesome job with the update Smoker! I can't wait for the additional content you'll put up =).

Out of curiosity, which games are you planning on putting up?

These are the 4 I don't think you have:
One Piece Unlimited World Red - July?
Skylanders Trap Team - 10/5
Disney Infinity - Fall 2014
Fatal Frame Wii U?

Also, it'd be cool if DKC was added to the recommended section.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
thank you captain smoker!
btw, wih COD being crozsgen, chances for a Wii U version increase. I hope they'll confirm it!

prag16

Banned
thank you captain smoker!
btw, wih COD being crozsgen, chances for a Wii U version increase. I hope they'll confirm it!
Sure we'll get it, but it won't be official or up for pre-order until months after the other ones..

I wasn't gonna get this one, but Spacey.

Yagami_Sama

I doubt if the new Call of Duty will be released. And this new one looks better than the other. At least to me, this future theme it is something that I like,

Note that the besides Call of Duty 1 e 2, just Ghost interested me, and by the way I got mine today.

prag16

Banned
I doubt if the new Call of Duty will be released. And this new one looks better than the other. At least to me, this future theme it is something that I like,

Note that the besides Call of Duty 1 e 2, just Ghost interested me, and by the way I got mine today.

I think there's at least even odds this comes to Wii U. Treyarch crapped out a quick/dirty port the last two years, and I can't imagine it'd be very costly to do so again. Though I wouldn't exactly be surprised if the Wii U version is axed this year.

Of course at soon as cross-gen ends, so to will the Wii U ports.

I think there's at least even odds this comes to Wii U. Treyarch crapped out a quick/dirty port the last two years, and I can't imagine it'd be very costly to do so again. Though I wouldn't exactly be surprised if the Wii U version is axed this year.

Of course at soon as cross-gen ends, so to will the Wii U ports.

Who knows, the Wii only missed a few even deep in the gen. It would be ideal to get other FPS games on the Wii U, but I can tolerate having only CoD to scratch that itch. If not then I am ready to order a new PC.

prag16

Banned
Who knows, the Wii only missed a few even deep in the gen. It would be ideal to get other FPS games on the Wii U, but I can tolerate having only CoD to scratch that itch. If not then I am ready to order a new PC.

That's the crux of it. It'd be GREAT if we got SOMETHING other than CoD in terms of a pointer controlled FPS. I'm not holding my breath though.

nordique

Regarding new CoD,

Not up for preorder yet it seems on Wii u, but all other platforms confirmed

Though, if I remember correctly, this seems similar to when ghosts was announced last year too?

Anth0ny

If Wii U doesn't get COD, I think it's safe to say Watch Dogs will be the last big multi platform third party game on Wii U.

That's kinda sad.

I think there will be a Wii U version of next CoD.

This would be the 3rd CoD on Wii U, this team has experience, you would think this time they can port it faster with less issues, at least that is common sense. MK and hopefully Smash will sell more Wii Us.

prag16

Banned
I think there will be a Wii U version of next CoD.

This would be the 3rd CoD on Wii U, this team has experience, you would think this time they can port it faster with less issues, at least that is common sense. MK and hopefully Smash will sell more Wii Us.

I can absolutely see them releasing it this year, and waiting to see how many consoles have moved due to Kart/Smash by the end of the year. If the answer is not many, it'd be entirely justifiable to drop the Wii U version of CoD 2015 even if there are still PS360 versions. Even if some kind of resurgence happens, can't hold our breath for any releases after the cross-gen era ends.

But for this year's game, I'd bet we'll get it (announced late, and not advertised of course). Treyarch allegedly only has a handful of people working on these, so it won't be very costly especially since they've already done it twice. Might not be their full potential from an opportunity cost standpoint, but it does fill out the lineup alongside skylanders, licensed stuff, and shovelware.

Yagami_Sama

This new CoD looked good. To show they my support I bought CoD Ghosts today. I really interested in know what will happen with the dog. XD

Dear GAF, help me out.

I enjoyed it. Feels a bit more old school than some other recent RE games. In terms of technical issues, I don't remember any specifically though it's not a very pretty game. Textures are quite low res looking. It didn't detract from my enjoyment of the game though. Personally, I didn't have any issues with the controls.
I'd say it's solid but not amazing. Certainly worth checking out for the kind of price it's going for these days.

xandaca

If Wii U doesn't get COD, I think it's safe to say Watch Dogs will be the last big multi platform third party game on Wii U.

That's kinda sad.

Ghosts sold even worse than BlOps2 if I remember correctly, and the latter certainly didn't do more than a few hundred thousand. Would be amazed to see another COD on the console, Activision gave Wii U gamers two chances to show their interest in perfectly decent ports and it didn't materialise either time (by contrast, the Wii CODs regularly sold 1m+), so can't say they haven't tried.

I liked it a lot more, but if you jump in now you'll be getting killed by quickscopers the entire time. It's hilariously overpowered in that game.

I'm more interested in the local co-op experience. I want to break my GF into first-person shooters, and the pointer controls available for these games make them more accessible to newbies like her.

Who the what the? Are these just testers/reviewers or preview builds?

It says in the top of the community:
This community has been opened ahead of launch for preview purposes. Posting and commenting is currently restricted to Nintendo and select members of the media. Please hold on a bit longer until the game's official launch on May 30th for full access.

Riki

I would definitely put Black Ops 2 over Ghosts in pretty much every aspect.
Ghosts was easily the worst CoD game ever made.

I'm more interested in the local co-op experience. I want to break my GF into first-person shooters, and the pointer controls available for these games make them more accessible to newbies like her.

Coop Bot matches with Gamepad + TV (wii remote or pro controller) is great for getting into it. You can do this online too. This is for BOs 2, not sure if this works in CoD Ghosts.

Effect

Fortunately or unfortunately, I'd be there day one for that.

Not sure about Sendou, but Aostia "port begged" for Wii U in the CoD reveal trailer thread.

Disappointing. Call of Duty is certainly not worth being banned over. :(

For the Wii U, is BloPS2 considering better than Ghosts?

Honestly I feel Black Ops 2 is just a better game period. BO2 overall looks better then Ghost I believe and that's for all versions I think. There's just more color and Treyarch's tech just happen to be better then what Infinity Ward was working with I believe.

prag16

Banned
Lol Gamestop is using Nintendo's free game as if its their preorder bonus for Mario Kart 8
http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/mario-kart-8/113373#bonusFeatures

I hope they come up with their own preorder bonus

Bestbuy gives you a $10 master card, Target gives you $5 card and key chain
I have a store pickup preorder at Best Buy and a $50 Newegg pre-order. I'll probably end up cancelling the Newegg pre-order. I'll pay almost $4 more for the best buy order when subtracting the gas card and adding tax, but I'll get it day one, whereas the Newegg shipping will likely make me miss the first weekend or more.

Effect

I actually enjoyed the single player for Ghosts. It isn't really that amazing but was enjoyable. The Extinction mode was fun as well. More then Zombies mainly because you didn't eventually, as far as I played, resort to running in a circle to kill things over and over again. That's it really. I didn't like the map sizes, weapon and perk system, kill streaks, or how quickly you died. A lot of stuff seemed like a step back from Black Ops 2. I actually enjoyed Modern Warfare 3 a lot more then Ghosts.

prag16

Banned
It feels so slow, and even disregarding map size, the layout of the maps are mostly awful imo. Seige is probably the worst map ever in a Call of Duty.

It seems to me that the lag isn't QUITE as bad in Ghosts as BO2, and the hit detection in Ghosts definitely seems better.

BUT

The goddamn maps. I've only played since Black Ops 1. But Ghosts overall has hands down the worst maps since then, and it's not close. They're way too big, with way too many random rooms and paths and hidey holes littered everywhere. Most of them have absolutely no flow, and it just kills the game for me.

Objective modes are no better because it becomes that much easier for people to pitch their tents and prone camp. And sound whoring has reached unprecedented levels.

Mory Dunz

That's kinda sad.

Big as in sales? Or big as in...more hardcore gamer noteriety?

Because I'm pretty sure the Wii U will continue to get all the big lego games that come out. And I think they sell pretty well. And Disney Infinity.

EDIT:
And Skylanders.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
It seems to me that the lag isn't QUITE as bad in Ghosts as BO2, and the hit detection in Ghosts definitely seems better.

BUT

The goddamn maps. I've only played since Black Ops 1. But Ghosts overall has hands down the worst maps since then, and it's not close. They're way too big, with way too many random rooms and paths and hidey holes littered everywhere. Most of them have absolutely no flow, and it just kills the game for me.

Objective modes are no better because it becomes that much easier for people to pitch their tents and prone camp. And sound whoring has reached unprecedented levels.

Hit detection is better I'll give it that, but I'd say I've had worse lag playing Ghosts, and definitely more host migration which is funny as they were hyping up the dedicated servers before it came out.

I'd say for me host migration worked like 30-40℅ of the time too, where as in Blops2 it worked nearly every time.

Can't say anything about single player as I haven't played a second of it in either game but according to the Wii U I've only put 94 hours into Ghosts compared to 302 hours for Blops2 and I haven't really touched BOII since Ghosts release.

Extinction was way more fun than Zombies to me though.

Top Bottom