• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Games 2014

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Swap Force is almost always on sale somewhere. Keep an eye on reddit.com/r/skylanders. Last week it was $28 at newegg.

I'm looking for a PAL version. Btw I've seen that they cut the price on Amazon (around 40 € now for the starter pack, lower than the initial 70€), so I'm pondering it
epsecially now that they announced Trap Team (the knowledge of new entries in a series push me in "collecting" that brand)

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Any place that makes nice custom decals for the gamepad and pro controller? I'm getting tired of wiping smudges off every-time I use this thing.

wilflare

man.. really can't decide to buy Mario Kart 8 when it's out Digital or Physical
the DDP Promotion + eShop credit discounts make Digital a great option

69wpm

Bayo 2 will be released in Summer in Japan.

FCSINkz.png

(Is this new?)
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns...Mario-Kart-8-Bonus-Game-Promotion-879238.html
If you register Mario Kart 8 you can get a free download code for one of:
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
Sonic Lost World
Mario & Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Winter Games
Wii Party U
The Wonderful 101 *
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Eligibility (United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland, South Africa, or Russia.)

Zero148

(Is this new?)
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Campaigns...Mario-Kart-8-Bonus-Game-Promotion-879238.html
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3
Sonic Lost World
Wii Party U
The Wonderful 101 *
Eligibility (United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, Austria, France, Spain, Italy, Belgium, the Netherlands, Portugal, Switzerland, South Africa, or Russia.)

seems like I will get Monster Hunter after all, and for free too

ahm998

It seem nintendo until E3 nintendo will make Direct for their strong games announced long time ago.

We will get Bayonetta 2 Direct next week , after Zelda warrior Direct , After X direct :)

Be ready everyone.

jmizzal

(Is this new?)
Nintendo Land
New Super Mario Bros. U
Game & Wario
Pikmin 3
Sonic Lost World
Wii Party U
The Wonderful 101 *

This better come to NA, I wasnt gonna get Mario Kart 8 day 1, but if I can get a free game then i'm down

This better come to NA, I wasnt gonna get Mario Kart 8 day 1, but if I can get a free game then i'm down

nah we get a choice of pikmin 3, new super Mario brosU wind waker HD, and WiiU party

kinda weak if you are a WiiU owner you more than likely have a few of the 4 games already

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Bayo 2 will be released in Summer in Japan.

FCSINkz.png

UOT!? OMG I hope it will be September in PAL! can't wait!

(Is this new?)

yes, they announced it today! I'm getting Game&Wario or Mario&Sonic (I already have all the others)

It is confirmed also for US, with less games to chose from: Wii Party U, New Mario U, Pikmin 3 and WW HD

Not exactly the same deal:
http://www.nintendo.com/whatsnew/detail/Mf9RJDcWmALXECxUdPB0Lf3N9Jb2VtRt

There’s a deal coming around the bend that will really get your engines revving: if you buy Mario Kart 8 for Wii U and register it with Club Nintendo between May 30, 2014 and July 31, 2014, you can receive a free download code for one of these great Wii U games:

New Super Mario Bros.™ U
Pikmin™ 3
The Legend of Zelda™: The Wind Waker HD
Wii Party™ U
You can purchase Mario Kart 8 as packaged game, digital download, or as part of the Mario Kart 8 Wii U Deluxe Set bundle to qualify for the offer. For more details in the coming weeks, and to learn more about Mario Kart 8, visit http://mariokart8.nintendo.com/.

Offer is available in the U.S. and Canada.
Edit: too slow :p

kunonabi

nah we get a choice of pikmin 3, new super Mario brosU wind waker HD, and WiiU party

kinda weak if you are a WiiU owner you more than likely have a few of the 4 games already

Yeah, I end up with nothing since I own them all. Might have to settle with Wii Party U so that I don't have to put the disc in.

Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes confirmed for Wii U, as well as PS360, PC, and PS4 and XBO for the first time.

BUT, Wii and 3DS are seemingly absent,

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Disney Infinity 2.0: Marvel Super Heroes confirmed for Wii U, as well as PS360, PC, and PS4 and XBO for the first time.

yay! wiiu for me.
everything is backward compatible, so I hope they are offering a booster pack aside the starter one, baseless.
and I hope Xmen will be released at launch with separate blister

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Good to know. Weird to see the 3DS version absent. I guess people don't want to play those types of games on portables. The Wii being absent might help the Wii U version a bit? Maybe?

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Good to know. Weird to see the 3DS version absent. I guess people don't want to play those types of games on portables. The Wii being absent might help the Wii U version a bit? Maybe?

both skylander and disney didn't perform so well on 3ds, but it is understandable considering the base figure concept, not so portable. I think that DI performed better on Wii U. I think it performed well, actually. No Wii version will help this a little bit.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
both skylander and disney didn't perform so well on 3ds, but it is understandable considering the base figure concept, not so portable. I think that DI performed better on Wii U. I think it performed well, actually. No Wii version will help this a little bit.

Well they had the whole Walmart ad campaign around Disney Infinity for the Wii U, so I'd hope it'd help.

So what games do we have for this year on Wii U now?

Already released:
Wii Fit U (retail)
Lego Movie
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Lego Hobbit

Upcoming:
Mario Kart 8 - 5/30
One Piece Unlimited World Red - July?
Skylanders Trap Team - 10/5
Watch Dogs
Disney Infinity
Sonic Boom
Super Smash Bros. Wii U - Winter 2014
Hyrule Warriors
Bayonetta 2
X?
Project Cars? (no idea when this releases)

At the very least if all those games do come out in 2014, it's at the very least better than the 1st 5 months so far.

jmizzal

I hope Nintendo does the free game deal with Smash Bros 4 too

This is prob the thing Iwata talked about rewarded customers who buy games, I havent got DKCTF yet and I can see them added that for buying Smash that would be cool

This does work because I had no plans of getting Mario Kart 8 this soon, the free game deal immediately put me over the top as getting it as a day 1 game

Kandinsky

I hope Nintendo does the free game deal with Smash Bros 4 too

This is prob the thing Iwata talked about rewarded customers who buy games, I havent got DKCTF yet and I can see them added that for buying Smash that would be cool
So this program reward customers who buy games by giving them the games they already bought?.

MK deal was the best of news, I was sold on MK since the E3 trailer last year. I hold off on Pikmin 3 in favor of W101 because of the sale for the latter, but I was definitely going to pick up Pikmin 3. Win Win

Also since when are Club Nintendo rewards Wii U only codes? I used to check every month and mostly got my rewards for the 3DS, but today I saw Super Mario World and got it.

I have been playing Super Metroid and that and the gamepad was made for VC, really love how it looks.

prag16

Banned
If you got paypal, you can sell the code on Gaf. I bet someone would easily pay $20 and up for pikmin 3,
I'm selling my Pikmin disc and grabbing the digital copy with Kart. Figuring I can get around $40 for it. Win.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
MK deal was the best of news, I was sold on MK since the E3 trailer last year. I hold off on Pikmin 3 in favor of W101 because of the sale for the latter, but I was definitely going to pick up Pikmin 3. Win Win

Also since when are Club Nintendo rewards Wii U only codes? I used to check every month and mostly got my rewards for the 3DS, but today I saw Super Mario World and got it.

I have been playing Super Metroid and that and the gamepad was made for VC, really love how it looks.

The gamepad really is the perfect VC machine.

I'm also glad I held off on Pikmin 3 at this point, still haven't played the first two despite owning Pikmin 2 on the Wii.

tebunker

Banned
I'm selling my Pikmin disc and grabbing the digital copy with Kart. Figuring I can get around $40 for it. Win.

I was lazy but got $35 at gamestop for my Pikmin disc, going to get an eshop card for future fun stuff. Then claim Pikmin with my code.

Which is the better party option, Game and Wario or Wii Party U? Npt sure which to claim as my free download. I don't have mario and sonic at the olympics either, but am assuming that's the worst of the bunch?

If it was a choice in NA I would go with Mario & Sonic since I don't have my copy open yet. Pikmin 3 and NSMBU I have opened. Wii Party U is still sealed, but the freebie feels wasted on that. Wind Waker I already have digitally.

So it's a toss-up between Pikmin 3 and NSMBU I guess for digital convenience.

jholmes

Which is the better party option, Game and Wario or Wii Party U? Npt sure which to claim as my free download. I don't have mario and sonic at the olympics either, but am assuming that's the worst of the bunch?

Game & Wario is probably better for short bursts, but Wii Party U is the better overall party game.

That said Game & Wario is definitely the one I would recommend if single player is a factor.

69wpm

I'm also torn between those two. The thing is, you can get Wii Party U basically for free when you buy it with a Wii Remote.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

Wii Party U is definetely a better party option. While the Pictionary like game from Game and Wario is really great, the diversity of the mini games from Wii Party U makes it better in the long run. I would even say that Mario&Sonic is better as a party game than Game&Wario. I found Game&Wario more fun for SP than for MP.

Top Bottom