• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wikileaks releases name and address of every woman voter in Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.

koji kabuto

They must be out of their fucking minds?!
Alot of women will get harmed over this shit....names, phone numbers and address ?? wtf is wrong them?

Come on. They don't make mistakes. They know exactly what they are doing.

This "leak" here is irrefutable proof they're working in favor of Russia. There's absolutely no reason to dox these people. There's no corruption being exposed, no information of international interest in the name of transparency.

Kinyou

This "leak" here is irrefutable proof they're working in favor of Russia. There's absolutely no reason to dox these people. There's no corruption being exposed, no information of international interest in the name of transparency.

How exactly does this help Russia though? This is information Erdogan's AKP already has since it was in their emails.

I agree that only bad can come from leaking this information, but I don't see the political motivation behind it.

Trokil

Banned

Please explain why this is proof, especially now that Russia and Turkey are getting close again.

fanboi

Banned

Yeah I dont get how you can say they work for Russia? Am I missing something?

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
Yes, but why would this leak lead to that or increase that? Most of them are AKP voters, so they are voters for the party in charge, they did not release names and addresses of opposition the the AKP as a deathlist or anything.

Please explain me, why this will lead to killings, torture or jail.

Hopefully not but the rising hate towards women in the world will find some way to make this a sad story.

And to think we put this company on a higher pedestal than Gawker and paraded Assange's legacy of documentation and isolation some half a decade ago. How times change...

It's so great revealing the name and addresses of every woman voter so we give more fuel to the misogynistic lifestyle in the Middle East. Surely this will motivate every woman to vote and improve the gender equality and rights for all.

#FuckWikileaks.

Cyan

Banned
They've never been about fighting the power. They're just another branch of a different power. That's the thing. Just because some other leaks recently may be innocuous, it doesn't absolve them of guilt for what they did with the Afghanistan emails or anything after that.

I mean that initially the stuff they put out seemed to be aimed at, like, corruption and political murders and stuff like that. Or openness, with stuff like the diplomatic cables or TPP leaks. (Again, with the caveat that they absolutely should have redacted stuff that was harmful to individuals and not really in the public interest to know.) The stuff with the NSA spying on friendly governments. Helping out Snowden.

Where now it's more like... yeah, the DNC being kind of shitty, and probably a few people should be fired, plus bonus SSNs and credit card numbers. Or... random shit from Turkey that doesn't seem to actually be anything, plus bonus doxxing a huge number of Turkish women. And then this strange behavior on Twitter. I dunno.

I appreciate the service but they REALLY need to be more careful to redact information like this or not include it with the other leaked materials.

Now, this will become the story as opposed to the emails showing what Erdogan was up to, and that's not helpful.

The only way we'll get some sort of transparency. I do not like their practices sometimes but it provides a much needed service of exposing what goes on behind the scenes.

Exposing what? This crosses the line. They should be shuttered.

I mean that initially the stuff they put out seemed to be aimed at, like, corruption and political murders and stuff like that. Or openness, with stuff like the diplomatic cables or TPP leaks. (Again, with the caveat that they absolutely should have redacted stuff that was harmful to individuals and not really in the public interest to know.) The stuff with the NSA spying on friendly governments. Helping out Snowden.

Where now it's more like... yeah, the DNC being kind of shitty, and probably a few people should be fired, plus bonus SSNs and credit card numbers. Or... random shit from Turkey that doesn't seem to actually be anything, plus bonus doxxing a huge number of Turkish women. And then this strange behavior on Twitter. I dunno.
They've always been alt-right ish, so this behaviour is not unprecedented.

Jenov

Reddit had a conspiracy discussion thread talking about wikileaks strange behavior and links with Russia 9 months ago. I haven't read through all of it, but it's interesting in light of their recent behavior:

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/3pobtq/is_russia_secretly_influencing_wikileaks_i_dont/

So, you have no basis?

Just their entire modus operandi. I have no time, patience or tolerance for organizations that dump information across the internet without weighing any of the consequences of said actions. Fuck this group and I hope justice is swift and fierce for all those involved.

Shredderi

Why? Why leak ordinary women's data AND SPECIFIC ADDRESSES? The world doesn't want to see that. There is nothing for ordinary citisenz of the world in there. Nothing juicy to talk about. The only ones who would be interested are... I dunno. People who wanna pay a visit to these women to show them that they voted wrong?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
This is crazy fucked up on like an uncountable number of levels.

I thought they had some serious documents from Turkey relating to the coup and other shady Erdogan/AKP shit that they were teasing, but this is just asking for serious, deadly, trouble for no reason at all, to no one's benefit, at least no one worth helping, in any way.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
This is crazy fucked up on like an uncountable number of levels.

I thought they had some serious documents from Turkey relating to the coup and other shady Erdogan/AKP shit that they were teasing, but this is just asking for serious, deadly, trouble for no reason at all, to no one's benefit, at least no one worth helping, in any way.

At some point people will actually question who they are being loyal to.

What the fuck was the point of this? Are WikiLeaks going to try and spin this as in the public interest? Cause it sure doesn't seem like it, seems like you're just putting millions of women under unnecessary risk.

Kite

Damn, people here finally dislike Wikileaks only when their data dumps harm causes/people you care about. They've always been reckless. Bu-bu-but no informants were harmed according to a study. So if no women were attacked directly because of this latest one it'll be alright.

Carcetti

Damn, people here finally dislike Wikileaks only when their data dumps harm causes/people you care about. They've always been reckless. Bu-bu-but no informants were harmed according to a study. So if no women were attacked directly because of this latest one it'll be alright.

1. Assuming everyone here had same attitudes about the earlier leaks 2. Where is the actual 'use' for these leaks? 3. Impossible to gauge if people are affected by this thanks to the volume of people... Need I go on?

Dumbass post.

Azih

Dude, they've always been overtly political. Their politics just no longer happen to overlap with yours.
Maybe. But a controlled release of information through journalists and just raw dumps of sensitive information are two completely different ways of working.

Maybe. But a controlled release of information through journalists and just raw dumps of sensitive information are two completely different ways of working.

I think they went off the reservation in 2011. They responded to their own security incompetence with the US State department cables (losing control of the raw data before it could be redacted and published by allied media) by opening the floodgates. We'll never know how many activists, whistle-blowers, sources and dissidents paid dearly for having their ties to the US published.

After that, it seems they stopped giving a damn.

faridmon

OK, this is disgusting. Fuck whoever thought this was a good idea. Now millions is unsafe one way or another.

Stay safe folks of Turkey :(

kavanf1

Dude, they've always been overtly political. Their politics just no longer happen to overlap with yours.
Ha, yes. It's sad how people think that some of what they do is fine but then it's not okay when they disagree with what's leaked. It doesn't work like that.

I don't get it, weren't these guys supposed to be good guys, or was I always living a lie?

Fucking scum of the earth. Fuck you Wikileaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom