• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wikileaks releases name and address of every woman voter in Turkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
if someone in the govt in Turkey made a database of all the women voters, weren't they already in danger?

likely what happened is that they only hacked info for the female database but gave up or didn't try in getting the male database

the databases were likely split due to registration (for the said party) order

Toxi

Banned
If you are going to leak stuff, share it with newspapers that have a good reputation and let them go through it. The Panama Papers went that way for example. And maybe if those newspapers don't want your info, then it means it's probably not a good idea to throw it out there because there is no story of worth to be told from it.
Wikileaks is too ethical for that.

CoFwqMuUAAAHgtw.jpg

I think Assange is trying to highlight how terrible it is for this data to be accessible. It's already likely out there, in his mind at least. I think releasing it is irresponsible but you can't really argue that WikiLeaks drives home the point of how dangerous access to this information is.

After all those with malicious intent and access aren't going to broadcast it like WikiLeaks now are they. I suppose it's one way to shine light on the issue but damned dangerous for the innocents involved.

Just came across this, holy shit indeed! This is the biggest doxxing I've ever seen. Wikileaks needs to be shut down immediately, they don't have anyone's best interests in mind.

kmag

I think Assange is trying to highlight how terrible it is for this data to be accessible. It's already likely out there, in his mind at least. I think releasing it is irresponsible but you can't really argue that WikiLeaks drives home the point of how dangerous access to this information is.

After all those with malicious intent and access aren't going to broadcast it like WikiLeaks now are they. I suppose it's one way to shine light on the issue but damned dangerous for the innocents involved.

That's some pretsel like logic. It'd be really damaging if this was out there, and people should know how damaging it would be, so lets just put it out there so everyone can be sure.

Weckum

I used to be a big fan of WikiLeaks but in the last couple of years it's been a shitshow. It retroactively makes me even sadder about what happened to Chelsea Manning.

undu

Since I haven't seen it yet: It's not the first nor the biggest leak about Turkey's citizens data: https://www.wired.com/2016/04/hack-brief-turkey-breach-spills-info-half-citizens/

a 6.6 GB file, purportedly containing clear-text information on 49,611,709 Turkish citizens, including the following details:

National Identifier (TC Kimlik No)
First Name
Last Name
Mother’s First Name
Father’s First Name
Date of Birth
ID Registration City and District
Full Address

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom