• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Will I be able to play Titanfall on Switch?" "No. hahaha" says Sr Designer @ Respawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol at the salty Nintendo fans jumping to point out titanfall bombed.

I figured after the wii u they might be a little more sympathetic but alas it seems not ;)

RK128

I think his comment was a bit unnecessary but he likely knows more about the hardware then we do; he doesn't think Titanfall 2 can run on Switch and will not invest in getting it on the platform.

It sucks but that just comes with Nintendo systems. Outside of Ubisoft and sometimes Activision and WB Games, western third parties don't touch Nintendo with a 10-foot pole. That is changing a bit (EA, Bethesdia & 2K providing support Year One) but that could easily fall into how things were on the Wii U.

Not going to get angry over something I know wasn't going to happen.

Euron

Why couldn't he just deny the release without being a douchebag ?

It's not even like he has anything to brag about : his game is bombing.
It's an excellent game and I'd highly recommend it.

That being said, he shouldn't be a douche in any sort of video interview as it reflects poorly on Respawn, who deserve a lot more success than which they have received.

Actually Titanfall 2 is the complete opposite of boring. I question if you've played it.

Edit: Misread your post and thought it said boring instead of bombing, my apologies.

Betty

Banned

Why couldn't Nintendo make a machine that's powerful.

I really don't give a damn about portability and I really doubt most people will be taking their Switches out to play Breath of the Wild for the amazing maximum of 3 hours battery time.

You ever tried playing a simple game like Tetris when walking? Aint no picnic, and they expect us to play Zelda like this?

Sure it'll be fun to use the Switch off screen at home sometimes, but is it really worth it at the expense of losing so many third party games and having an underpowered machine yet again?

Symphonic

Dang, I've seen nothing but good things from Respawn in how they react to the community until this.

Titanfall is great. It also runs surprisingly great on lower-end PCs. Stop being a dick and make an effort to get your underperforming game into more markets.

I really don't give a damn about portability and I really doubt most people will be taking their Switches out to play Breath of the Wild for the amazing maximum of 3 hours battery time.

You ever tried playing a simple game like Tetris when walking? Aint no picnic, and they expect us to play Zelda like this?

Sure it'll be fun to use the Switch off screen at home sometimes, but is it really worth it at the expense of losing so many third party games and having an underpowered machine yet again.

Because people only play mobile consoles while walking outside... ? You ever pooped? Slept at family members home? Car trip? Plane ride? Friends house?

Some Nintendo fans need a reality check. Remember the people expecting ports of games like Mass Effect Andromeda?

nOoblet16

People here are calling a human being dick, douch, jackass and what not for stating facts and laughing at an underpowered hardware for being...underpowered. And not just that, they are also pointing out how his game didn't sell millions despite it being clearly due to EA's decision to send it on a suicide release rather than the actual quality of the game.

Lol..I don't like to use the word salty but this is what it means.

I feel like he said what a lot of developers keep to themselves. Yikes.

Yea this, there is nothing "dickish" or "douchbaggy" about it.
Switch is a hardware and people having opinion like this on hardware is nothing new...especially when it's not really wrong (with respect to the area he is referring to i.e. power)

While I think he is being a little harsh, everything that I've seen/heard about the Switch thus far makes it seem like an unfocused dumpster fire that is likely to end up moderately more successful than the Wii U, so I don't really have any particular problem with what he said.

Fat4all

Banned
You guys could watch the video.

1) It was a casual conversation and he was drunk

2) He was personally disappointed because he was hyped for the Switch but then it turned out it was once again another underpowered Nintendo console that's gonna have no third party support after the first year of ports

It does have need for third party support though.

pretty much

btrboyev

Actually, they could probably make a really pretty titanfall game on the switch but they are not interested in doing it. It's pretty simple really.

jeenaudx

Banned
No wonder AAA games quality is going down the shitter, devs care too much about game visuals and not enough about gameplay.

Now a ton have to put down TF just because? I guess if you want but it isn't like he is the only one that works on the game. Just because he knows the game won't be on switch doesn't mean you have to down play his game to be spiteful. It isn't like this is surprising news

XandBosch

It's funny because Titanfall would probably kill sales-wise on Switch probably moreso than the other consoles, and I'm sure it could run it. It'd be the only hardcore shooter on it for launch.

AgeEighty

Actually, they could probably make a really pretty titanfall game on the switch but they are not interested in doing it. It's pretty simple really.

And that's all he had to say. I guess he was trying to score points with a certain group of gamers, though.

Bass260

Not only very unprofessional, but very sad that modern developers are using Zelda as a punching bag. The times have changed.

BNGames

It'll be that way until Nintendo goes out of business, too much damage has been done with 3rd party relationships, they will never recover from that.
Even if Nintendo made a powerful console, that wouldn't change mentalities.

You must not be aware of the kind of cash Nintendo has in her cauffers. Scroodge McDuck levels of cash.

LordKano

It's an excellent game and I'd highly recommend it.

That being said, he shouldn't be a douche on Twitter as it reflects poorly on Respawn, who deserve a lot more success than which they have received.

Yeah, it's his behavior that I was pointing at. No matter which console it was, that kind of comments shouldn't be available publicy. No doubt Respawn's twitter will be flooded soon by angry comments of Nintendo fans.

Sure it'll be fun to use the Switch off screen at home sometimes, but is it really worth it at the expense of losing so many third party games and having an underpowered machine yet again?

What does that have to do with anything I said

LOL at the hating of TF2. Yah he didnt have to come off like an asshole but The game is really fun with a great community plus all dlc is free. Nintendo fanboys are so defensive.

It's not his fault Nintendo can't get with current gen.

J@hranimo

Banned
Sounds like GAF tbh

And this is why you cannot go full Nintendo as far as a game console unless that's only where your tastes lie.

udivision

Don't worry guys, I got this.

PR Translation Machine to Avoid Hurt Feelings... GO!

"Nintendo has always done their own thing, I and I respect them for that. They make some of the industry's best software, no arguments there. We at Respawn are huge fans of Nintendo, we even have a Wii U set up in the lounge to play Mario Kart and Smash Bros. Huge fans! Titanfall has been a franchise that relies on strong hardware, and has attracted a certain audience in its lifetime. When choosing what game to put on what ecosystem, we weigh a lot of different factors. At the time, we don't think Titanfall would be a good fit for the Switch based on various factors such as hardware and audience. We look forward to what the Switch has to offer for gamers everywhere!"

You guys could watch the video.

1) It was a casual conversation and he was drunk

2) He was personally disappointed because he was hyped for the Switch but then it turned out it was once again another underpowered Nintendo console that's gonna have no third party support after the first year of ports

It does have need for third party support though.

ITT: People don't watch the video, make assumptions on biased OP's framing of the conversation.

No wonder AAA games quality is going down the shitter, devs care too much about game visuals and not enough about gameplay.

Except Titanfall 2 has great gameplay

It's AAA quality on the up, so just because the Switch is a tablet and can't play a lot of modern games doesn't mean Titanfall has bad gameplay.

No need to be a dick about it but sadly this will be all to common for the Switch, it won't get alot of the big 3rd party heavy hitters going forward.

Not that Titanfall if a heavy hitter though....

Edit: Watch the video, I take back him being a "dick" he actually came across quite genuine and lamented that the Switch is underpowered compared to the PS4 & XB1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom