• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Will I be able to play Titanfall on Switch?" "No. hahaha" says Sr Designer @ Respawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

FN-2187

You guys could watch the video.

1) It was a casual conversation and he was drunk

2) He was personally disappointed because he was hyped for the Switch but then it turned out it was once again another underpowered Nintendo console that's gonna have no third party support after the first year of ports

It does have need for third party support though.

shandy706

No wonder AAA games quality is going down the shitter, devs care too much about game visuals and not enough about gameplay.

Titanfall 2 is possibly the best shooter in the last 5-10 years (campaign wise).

I think it's better than Doom and many people put it at or above that level too.

A MOD needs to add "drunk interview" to the title, lol.

Seems like some devs still see Nintendo as a company that produces underpowered hardware not good enough to handle their games. This mentality by many third party devs has plagued Nintendo since they released the Wii. If you don't want to watch the video, I provided a transcript:

Nintendo releasing underpowered hardware isn't a viewpoint or a mentality. It's reality.

Beartruck

A guy with that hairstyle being a douche? Color me unsurprised.

Also, in the context of it being a portable system, Switch is powerful as hell.

Jafku

Too many salty Nintendo fans in this topic. What he said isn't wrong. If Nintendo seriously wanted more third parties onboard for switch they would've listened to their feedback. Until that happens Nintendo systems going forward will mostly be supported by themselves and a few smatterings from the studios they have a decent relationship with. No need to trash the series over one dev's comments

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton

2) He was personally disappointed because he was hyped for the Switch but then it turned out it was once again another underpowered Nintendo console that's gonna have no third party support after the first year of ports

Yeah, it's much more innocent than the OP makes it.

SOR5

Its easy for the average Nintendo aficionado to dismiss this guy as a dick, and understandable even.

But when you recklessly dismiss the wants and needs of third party devs like Nintendo does, there's a point where they're going to laugh right back at them.

Betty

Banned
Because people only play mobile consoles while walking outside... ? You ever pooped? Slept at family members home? Car trip? Plane ride? Friends house?

It's simply not worth the sacrifices, it just isn't.

And yeah I do all those things, but 99.99 times out of 100 I am going to want to play Breath of the Wild, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Mario Odyssey and Mario Kart 8 etc all on my big fancy tv, just like I prefer to do with the Wii U and just like most other people prefer to do too.

But hey let's wait and see what happens, I predict another Wii U situation with the Switch but at least we'll get great games at Nintendo's expense.

AR15mex

It'll be that way until Nintendo goes out of business, too much damage has been done with 3rd party relationships, they will never recover from that.
Even if Nintendo made a powerful console, that wouldn't change mentalities.

I also feel this way, so lets enjoy Ninty games until they last :D

DSix

Banned
Western 3rd parties are not known to support handleds. I don't get why people deny the obvious: the Switch is a tablet and will get tablet support.

Can I ask those of you that pre ordered one already:

14 months from now, while Sony and MS are battling for high powered 4k HDR supremacy,

are 3 rd party publishers going to still support the under powered Switch? Are they going to spend resources to fund a game on the Switch?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Some of the replies in this thread are hilarious. It's like he personally insulted your mothers or something lmao

These next few months/years are gonna be real rough for Nintendo fans, as if the Wii U wasn't already.

nynt9

I mean, looking at the salty tone of the replies in the thread, it's clear that discussion wasn't going to be happening anyway. People are going to react emotionally.

Well, i don't see the problem since the franchise is probably dead after the Sales of the second title of the series.
There will ever be a new titanfall?

This really is like the Wii U in so many ways, reminds me of Mark Rein's comments when that system launched that led to the same kind of bitter backlash from Nintendo fans. "We don't want your stupid games anyway loser!"

KingV

The game is amazing...but it's most likely it couldn't run on Switch unfortunately (without big changes/cuts).

I'd LOVE to have a mobile version of it though.

Also pretty sure the game isn't "bombing" even if it hasn't set the world on fire.

Titanfall 1 ran on 360 with a lot less RAM than the switch, and was more complicsted in many ways than TF2.

Switch could run TF2 fine, albeit with worse graphical fidelity.

oti

Banned
As Aonuma pointed out both the Wii U and Switch version of Zelda being so similar was the point of the project, plus it was obviously build from the ground up for Wii U anway. Other than that I don't see much wrong in what he says.

I do wonder though if this underpowered rhetoric coming from devs is really helpful for them. With budgets exploding and even sequels underperforming in today's market. An "underpowered" platform with a great concept and Nintendo's IP strength could do a lot of good for this industry.

Kimawolf

That's too bad. TF2 has an amazing single player. you'd think the guy would be trying to get his game a second life considering how many people just passed on it when it launched. But I suppose getting lols on youtube is more important.

Look I get it Switch is underpowered and probably couldn't handle TF2 (well unless you made some concessions anyway, TF1 should be fine though considering that was cross gen with 360) but there's no need to be such a dick about it. The Zelda example was pretty bad too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom