• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"Will I be able to play Titanfall on Switch?" "No. hahaha" says Sr Designer @ Respawn

Status
Not open for further replies.

black070

Well, he's not wrong. Its underpowered. Its not gonna get PS4/Xbox One ports. Its not a mentality. Its facts. There's a reason the FIFA port is the PS3 version.

Holy shit Nintendo fans are salty as fuck. Yeah he might have said it in a dickish way but he ain't wrong.

Pretty much.

Plum

No. Fuck no. hahahaha *points to Titanfall 1 DF article trailer* That's the same Titanfall on the Xbox 360. hahahahaha

ULj8njJ.png

When I eventually buy TF2 it'll be on PC and I'm buying the Switch for Nintendo games and indies so I don't really have any horse in this race. Just thought I'd take a jab at him using a cross-gen title as the main determining factor for a platform's power.

McDougles

What you said isn't a transcript tho...?

Mohammad Alavi: ...I was excited about it. Nintendo's been in such a niche market recently, catering to the handheld and the kids, they've been so underpowered that they don't have the support of the third parties because they're all making for the PC, Xbox One and PS4, and it's no different.
Micha: I am going to drink to it mainly because, I understand. It will be underpowered. I'm not going to be play Titanfall on it. Like, can you tell me?
Mohammad: Fuck no! No, you're not going to be able to fit Titanfall 2 on the Nintendo Switch. That's the same Zelda from the Wii U?

After plenty of drinking, mind you. The designer is joking about the idea that you can fit the Titanfall 2 in a Nintendo Switch game card, one that can fit up to 25 GB of data. Titanfall 2 is 42 GB on the Xbox One, at least.

Can't wait to see how many people didn't watch the clip and just believe the OP because he twisted the words around to make him look even worse!

People are upset because he laughed at an absurd question?

Okay.
Nintendo fans are hurt that he was brutally honest about their favorite game company. Nothing he said was wrong and it mirrors what has been said in numerous GAF threads since the disasterous Switch reveal. This one just involved alcohol and video.

Kaelan

No way that thing can run Titanfall 2. Wrong place to be playing 60fps shooters that are on PS4/XBOX One anyway.

Why not? Game doesn't look that technically advance IMO plus didn't titanfall 1 also run on 360? I'm sure they could get it running at 720p on the switch maybe, but who knows

brad-t

Can I ask those of you that pre ordered one already:

14 months from now, while Sony and MS are battling for high powered 4k HDR supremacy,

are 3 rd party publishers going to still support the under powered Switch? Are they going to spend resources to fund a game on the Switch?

Absolutely depends on how many people own a Switch and are actively buying third party games for it.

poodaddy

Whys everyone getting so defensive? It's the guys opinion man, it's not that serious. I love Nintendo but damn if their defenders aren't easily offended.

LordKano

Jesus at some answers here. Saying that his behavior is rude (even in the context of a drunk video, which is even more stupid than what he said), and you have everyone claiming "muh salty Nintendrones !!" ? I maybe should have forced myself to think this is funny, or innocent ?

What is this, GameFAQs ?

jrush64

Banned
Wow, this topic will be fun. lol. Seems like a dickish way to respond though.

Jesus at some answers here. Saying that his behavior is rude (even in the context of a drunk video, which is even more stupid than what he said), and you have everyone claiming "muh salty Nintendrones !!" ? I maybe should have forced myself to think this is funny, or innocent ?

What is this, GameFAQs ?

You know GAF isn't that much different from Gamefaqs right?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Yeah, it's much more innocent than the OP makes it.

Yeah. It's a different context compared to what happened back with Wii U: those were formal interviews, while this is a drunk interview, so it's much less formal and more relaxed by default.

ITT: Drunk developer gives straight answer without PR bullshit and GAF crucifies him for it.

Lol yep. The offended people proclaiming they'll never play a Respawn game again and taking shots at Titanfall 2 sales are hysterical. It's not like this was an official Q&A, just a dev giving his own personal opinion in a YouTube show where the gimmick is being drunk.

Kimawolf

Well, he's not wrong. Its underpowered. Its not gonna get PS4/Xbox One ports. Its not a mentality. Its facts. There's a reason the FIFA port is the PS3 version.

Holy shit Nintendo fans are salty as fuck. Yeah he might have said it in a dickish way but he ain't wrong.

But Fifa isn't PS3 version....

Man some of you guys sound really salty.

Also damn i checked his wiki and the guys got some real talent he designed some of the best CoD levels/missions

18-Volt

The sad part is this is the view of most western third party studios. Infinity Ward, DICE, them, they all disdain Nintendo. They all see them as a toymaker, a game company only makes colorful, graphically not needy games. But it's their time now. Well maybe not specifically for Respawn's but all FPS makers generally. If you miss their games, it'd be harder for your platform to hit even 15m mark.

Perhaps his game would sell on Switch, there is obviously no audience on PS4/XOne for this...

That's completely false. TF2 is a great game with a awesome campaign and great multiplayer.

Infact, the Switch would actually benefit from having TF2 at launch but switch being an early release console with a barebones online feature and it being under powered won't allow that. If you actually watch the video, he seems rather disappointed they can't bring it to the Switch.

thank god tf 2 tanked

fuck this kind of behavior

Kinda like how the Wii u and now the Switch will tank?

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO

What is this, GameFAQs ?

It's not even like he has anything to brag about : his game is bombing.

Yea that's not a salty reaction at all.

What is this, GameFAQs ?

If you actually watched the video you'd realize he's not being malicious at all?

Fat4all

Banned
Can I ask those of you that pre ordered one already:

14 months from now, while Sony and MS are battling for high powered 4k HDR supremacy,

are 3 rd party publishers going to still support the under powered Switch? Are they going to spend resources to fund a game on the Switch?

Capcom and Bandai Namco will still be making Switch stuff, and that'll be enough for me.

Kimawolf

It's not even like he has anything to brag about : his game is bombing.

Yea that's not a salty reaction at all.

Well like him its a straight answer. His game did bomb. Straight talk. and I loved TF2 btw i even made a thread about it. But ya, maybe he should be focusing on how to make sure TF3 if there is one doesn't bomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom