• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winter 2012 Anime Thread 2.22: You Can (Not) Outpost Cajunator

Status
Not open for further replies.

iavi

Nope. Eternal lock until Miri posts the Spring thread.

Putting the pressure on. Aside from the awesome banner, I'll be missing the pics for now, but I'll have it up in a few to keep the convo going. I'll add those in as I finish. I'm also going to need the first two posts. This season is monster.

zeroshiki

We have a page or so to go. I give it an hour.

EDIT: unless we all converse through post edits. That could work.

EDIT2: Ask haly for a banner?

Branduil

BP sounds like one of the greatest things ever on paper. Tomino, Nagano, Kanno, Inomata...

At least tomino redeemed himself with Turn A afterwards

Kanno had nothing to redeem, her work is the only truly excellent part of the entire series.

And that reminds me, isn't Gothicmade supposed to actually be getting finished soon?

iavi

We have a page or so to go. I give it an hour.

EDIT: unless we all converse through post edits. That could work.

EDIT2: Ask haly for a banner?

Already have the banner. Moonspeak came through like a bro with that. It's the series representation pics that won't be up right away, but I'll be adding through the night.

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Putting the pressure on. Aside from the awesome banner, I'll be missing the pics for now, but I'll have it up in a few to keep the convo going. I'll add those in as I finish. I'm also going to need the first two posts. This season is monster.

If you need any help with anything, I can contribute. By pics you just mean the promotional art for each series, right?

And, just as importantly, do we have a good title ready for the spring OT?

Dead

well not really...yet
Another sad thing about BP is the VA too, at least for me.

Akino Murata is by far one of my favorite female VAs ever, and she's only ever done 3 roles. Hime in Brain Powered, Sochie in Turn A Gundam, and that one girl in Mars Daybreak. Roles in one bad show, one good show and one mediocre one :( I always wished she could have had at least one more major role in an actually good show lol.

Thoraxes

Or we could just.... you know.... post.... less.

The space left in this thread is like the amount of air left in that room we're all about to die in because we're trapped.

I need more of it than everyone else.

Female Gurren Lagann.
The only thing that can be female TTGL is if they ever decide to go through and make the genderbent stuff official and an OVA.

Only TTGL can be TTGL. Nothing will get to that scope again.

iavi

Or we could just.... you know.... post.... less.

Like that would ever happen.

If you need any help with anything, I can contribute. By pics you just mean the promotional art for each series, right?

And, just as importantly, do we have a good title ready for the spring OT?

Yeah, just the promo pics. I have a lot of them, and shouldn't need any help there. It's the cropping and styling that's taking the time.

And I do have the title ready.

ZetaEpyon

Another 12
Ok, what the freaking hell.
Seriously, Misaki? You didn't tell him because "Nothing good would have come of it?" Seriously? I don't know, how about preventing half a dozen of your classmates from getting killed?

Ultimadrago

Lupin III: In Memory of Walther P
3DxRH.jpg
Okay, I'm just going to start this off by saying, I'm not feeling this art much. Lupin looks...I dunno, how I don't want him to look!

sidP3.jpg

On the other hand, I'm appreciating the sight of some blood in a Lupin work.

I like the twist to the title intro, has some James Bond flavor to it. That said, some of these early scene transitions are too rough/sudden. It gets better once the credits integrate themselves though.
The background theme builds into the one we all know and hopefully love.

Hmm, Bermuda Devil's Triangle up to no good again!
Hahaha
at Zenigata raising from the dead after hearing the name "Lupin"
, Zenigata would truly stop a speeding bullet train with his bare fists if it meant arresting Lupin!

There's a copious amount of gunfire in this one it would seem. Awesome, but there's little weight behind the shots.
A man fires a Gatling gun and doesn't budge an inch. 0 recoil.
C'mon son!

kfqxg.jpg

Regardless of deadlier elements, Lupin gonna Lupin.

Blonde Fujiko reporting for duty. I like the outfit, her physical design is alright. Ha, even Goemon sheds man tears for food when hungry.
Dang, these assassins are pretty darn ruthless. Ya know, as ragtag assassins should be.
And remember, Spider tattoos of poison is the best way to keep your cult members in line, folks!
The transparency shift with Zenigata and Lupin tripped me out. It's the eyes.
Anyhow, I'm not a living story book, so I'll jump to the overalls.

Definitely darker, but really just in terms of death and ruthless methods of Tarantula assassins to get the job done.
Alex's desperation to complete the computer program also feeds into just how hard the human spirit can strain in order to create certainty for the future.
The beginning action was great, settled to more plain gun n knife half way in.
The father selling Alex and Elen into slavery for a day's worth of booze, kinda pushed the limit into silly for me. Nonetheless, I felt happy for her when she gained her freedom.

The final heist wasn't the flashiest (some good bits near the very end though), but the movie was nice overall and I had a pretty good time watching a darker turn on Lupin.

The only thing that can be female TTGL is if they ever decide to go through and make the genderbent stuff official and an OVA.

Only TTGL can be TTGL. Nothing will get to that scope again.

Diebuster got pretty close.

But yeah, it's disappointing that there probably won't be anything like that again. I want another series that makes DBZ look low-scale :(

duckroll

Okay, at this point, everyone should get their last post in and Miri can just put up the new thread. No point grinding to the final post!

Defuser

I didn't realize Accel World was on the sakuga watch list. What would be the reason for this? Personally, I'd expect more out of Zetman.

IIRC, the screenwriter for the anime is Hiroyuki Yoshino. The guy behind Guilty Crown and milk tits manga. Not to mention he crash and burn Macross Frontier and the Mai series.

Natsume S4 13

This arc had the opportunity to flesh out Natsume's character and delve into his relationship with his deceased parents, but instead we get a lot of Natsume being teased for his weird behavior and feeling sorry for himself and the sorts of stuff we've seen before. There was even a good amount of retread from the previous episode. Natsume exploring his parents' home was moving to a certain extent, but not substantial enough to justify the 2 and a half episodes of stuff that came prior to it.

Overall this season, the contrast between the masterful four stand-alone episodes and poor to decent multi-episode arcs is very noticable. It's obvious that neither the mangaka nor the production staff know how to make extended storylines work. It's a shame the series had to dilute its quality in this manner. Midorikawa, stick to writing short stories. Omori, better luck next show.

Noirulus

Man, i've still got so much of winter left to watch.

Ozuma is already cut off my spring list, I wonder how many more disappointments i'll meet...

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
My final post in this thread: This was a good season for me because of Ano Natsu de Matteru and Daily Lives of High School Boys. ^_^ Can't wait for next season!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom