• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus Previews

Verder

i saw what i needed to see when they announced it and the gifs on page 1 got me hyped regardless.

see you guys in oct!

DieH@rd

Banned
I only saw JackFrags vid, and daaaaaamn.

Looks great. Not gonna say day one though, I'll let some other AMD users be guinea pigs for this game. :p

idTech6 and Vulkan are running great on Radeons. In addition to that, Zenimax is now firmly in the AMD camp [RX and Ryzen optimizations]

Xumbrega

Banned
Bethesda the Publisher is pretty stellar outside of a few weird hangups (launch day review copies / embargos etc). Could argue for being the best.

Yeah, they have some anti-consumer decisions and that really hurt them on my book, but talking about games quality only, they are the best right now.

I mean, so far we have Wolfenstein New Order, The Evil Within Wolfenstein Old Blood, Fallout 4, Doom, Dishonored 2, Prey, Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus, The Evil Within 2 and Quake Champions announced/released so far.

Stygr

Banned
Yeah, they have some anti-consumer decisions and that really hurt them on my book, but talking about games quality only, they are the best right now.

I mean, so far we have Wolfenstein New Order, The Evil Within Wolfenstein Old Blood, Fallout 4, Doom, Dishonored 2, Prey, Elder Scrolls Online, Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus, The Evil Within 2 and Quake Champions announced/released so far.

And Dishonored: Death of the Outsider. This year Bethesda is going ham, 2 AAA games and a massive standalone expansion. They are the best 3rd party publisher atm imho

dex3108

Currently there is no better publisher for story driven FPS games than Bethesda. And that is the case for at least 2-3 years now.

Stygr

Banned
Currently there is no better publisher for story driven FPS games than Bethesda. And that is the case for at least 2-3 years now.

Story driven and heavy single player games, Bethesda is unique, especially when you see Ubisoft, EA, Activision and other smaller publisher pushing the multiplayer and service games

Gurish

Story driven and heavy single player games, Bethesda is unique, especially when you see Ubisoft, EA, Activision and other smaller publisher pushing the multiplayer and service games

Yup Bethesda are awesome with their single play focus, let's not forget them supporting AAA horror as well with TEW2.

They really are a rare breed in today's AAA market and I pray to god that they would stay this way 🙏

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
No hit markers, no hit sounds, no heads exploding, no limbs flying.

No satisfaction to be had in this game.

NwbwrZp.gif

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
It looks incredible, I loved the last games so there's no doubt I'm gonna love this one too.

Cool you can walk over ammo and health for pick ups now.

This was the only thing I disliked about the previous games, so glad it's fixed.

jett

D-Member
I only saw JackFrags vid, and daaaaaamn.

idTech6 and Vulkan are running great on Radeons. In addition to that, Zenimax is now firmly in the AMD camp [RX and Ryzen optimizations]

Pretty sure it's using same build engine wise as Last years doom. It will run like butter.

Yes, that's supposed to be the case. But I just can't blindly trust idTech after being burned twice, three times if you count pre-Vulkan Doom, which ran okay but not as good as it should.

I am optimistic though.

Yes, that's supposed to be the case. But I just can't blindly trust idTech after being burned twice, three times if you count pre-Vulkan Doom, which ran okay but not as good as it should.

I am optimistic though.

I get the same amount of frames pre and post-Vulkan in DOOM. That game ran like a charm from day one. What setup are you on?

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Plenty of idtech nightmare popups, unfixable

But very smooth

It was anything but smooth on an AMD GPU. ): Thankfully the improvements made for DOOM seem to have made it run much better on AMD even in OpenGL but Vulkan will probably be king, again.

jelly

Subtle changes, like the addition of an auto-pickup for ammunition

Thank you!

Annoyingly, people are still staring at the floor in the videos! I guess armour and other stuff is still manual pick up.

Did you watch the same videos I did? This game has tons of gore.

This is a good thing. Hit markers, in general, are a cruch used for poor player ability and unreadable game damage via visuals and audio czes.

"unreadable game damage via visuals"

Go on Dictator, say what you really mean ;)

Raptor

Did you watch the same videos I did? This game has tons of gore.

This is a good thing. Hit markers, in general, are a cruch used for poor player ability and unreadable game damage via visuals and audio czes.

Ok then no hit markers but what about hit sounds? Wildlands has this hit sounds that make it very satisfying when killing enemies.

I hear nothing.

Blood is there tho, even tho no flying body parts like Doom or Gears but blood is there.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Holy shit. They actually snuck in a "I'm not saying it's aliens. But it's aliens" in there. I love you, Machine Games.

Squishy3

Ok then no hit markers but what about hit sounds? Wildlands has this hit sounds that make it very satisfying when killing enemies.

I hear nothing.

Blood is there tho, even tho no flying body parts like Doom or Gears but blood is there.
Last game had flying body parts, just not with all weapons. You only see it with certain weapons that would mulch a person, ie... the dual auto shotties.

RRockman

Banned

I hear nothing.

If it's anything like the first lots of "BZAPPS" and "GATHUNKS" and "Squishshshs" of flesh essentially melting away as bullets tear through enemy's flesh. The guns themselves sound great. I think you will be fine on gore though. Just wait until you walk past an enemy you killed and look. You usually able to inspect their lungs and ribcage and small intestines in exquisite detail if you did your job right.

Raptor

If it's anything like the first lots of "BZAPPS" and "GATHUNKS" and "Squishshshs" of flesh essentially melting away as bullets tear through enemy's flesh. The guns themselves sound great. I think you will be fine on gore though. Just wait until you walk past an enemy you killed and look. You usually able to inspect their lungs and ribcage and small intestines in exquisite detail if you did your job right.
This is what I wanted to read, you are a gentleman my good sire!!

Those "BZAPPS" and "GATHUNKS" and "Squishshshs" love em!!

This game isn't for you if you think those are good things.

Explain?

Those are what makes shooting and killing satisfying in videogames IMO, that I want them specially in a shooter is nothing out of the ordinary, lots of shooters have them in so many forms, being kill sound, hit sound, hit marker, etc.

Akronis

I hear nothing.

This game isn't for you if you think those are good things.

Is this game, similar to Doom, aiming for 60fps on console? Doom was pretty damn impressive technically, kinda figure with the same engine, this game might be capable of replicating Doom's 60fps even on PS4 and XB1... with image quality caveats, of course. Looks a bit more open than Doom in some areas, so I imagine that would be a bit more stressful on the engine, too.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I watched Jackfrags, are there any other ones using KB+M?

RRockman

Banned
This is what I wanted to read, you are a gentleman my good sire!!

Those "BZAPPS" and "GATHUNKS" and "Squishshshs" love em!!

Explain?

Those are what makes shooting and killing satisfying in videogames IMO, that I want them specially in a shooter is nothing out of the ordinary, lots of shooters have them in so many forms, being kill sound, hit sound, hit marker, etc.

No prob my man I try. I forgot there is actually a level in a sub later on that have white roomsin the first that you can literaly paint red with Nazi blood.

I also remember seeing a weapon in the trailers for this game that was like a weapon in the first game that if you shot it at Nazi when it was fully charged they would explode into a fountain of gibs.

I still really want to know how they get Bj back on his feet.

You can actually take a pretty solid guess based on the trailers we've seen and a little bit of background information. Wolfenstein: The New Order spoilers:
Caroline is bound to a wheelchair in the first game, but uses the Da'at Yichud power suit to walk around just fine. You can see B.J. wearing the same suit throughout the trailer.

You can actually take a pretty solid guess based on the trailers we've seen and a little bit of background information. Wolfenstein: The New Order spoilers:
Caroline is bound to a wheelchair in the first game, but uses the Da'at Yichud power suit to walk around just fine. You can see B.J. wearing the same suit throughout the trailer.

Major, major possible spoilers:
Still conceivable that Caroline is beheaded and BJ's head is attached to hers and is inhabiting her power armour covered body for most of the game.

antitrop

The New Order is one of my absolute favorite games, so I'm going to practice a little self-control and not watch every minute of these previews.

Even if I really, really want to.

Raptor

No prob my man I try. I forgot there is actually a level in a sub later on that have white roomsin the first that you can literaly paint red with Nazi blood.

I also remember seeing a weapon in the trailers for this game that was like a weapon in the first game that if you shot it at Nazi when it was fully charged they would explode into a fountain of gibs.

oh my...

Lols.

Sounds crazy, I like it.

Bethesda have been nailing it this gen with their series revivals - Doom, Wolfenstein & Prey have all been fantastic.
Prey's not really a series revival. The name got foisted on Arkane.

Though I suppose you can argue that it's a spiritual revival to System Shock, because its probably the most faithful spiritual successor to it.

Top Bottom