• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wolfenstein 2 The New Colossus Previews

Raptor

lol

it's late

Give the first game a try to get a sense of the level of gib, gore, ultra-violence that it has. It definitely does not shy away from body horror.

I bought the first game day one, unfortunatly the sound design? well to me it sounded like mufled, something was wrong in that department but maybe its patched now for a more punchy sounds.

RRockman

Banned
Major, major possible spoilers:
Still conceivable that Caroline is beheaded and BJ's head is attached to hers and is inhabiting her power armour covered body for most of the game.

Sorry but no. It makes WAY more sense
that Caroline dies for real and BJ gets the suit from her.

Enclose

Jesus how am i gonna find the time to play all these games around Oct 27th? :/

Most hyped title for me this year, all this waiting is killing me!!

Not just games. For Australians, October 27th has AssCreed Origins, Wolfenstein, Mario, Stranger Things Season 2 and Thor: Ragnorok.

I have no idea what I'm going to be doing that day.

Haha just kidding it's Wolfenstein.

Wolfenstein hasn't really let me down for like 25 years. Its such a dumb series on it's face, but the games are always either good or great. It's really shocking to me looking back that this series has had a better overall run than Doom or Quake.

Toa TAK

Banned
Not just games. For Australians, October 27th has AssCreed Origins, Wolfenstein, Mario, Stranger Things Season 2 and Thor: Ragnorok.

*Thor: Ragnarok

But yeah, Wolfenstien. Though I DO wanna dip into AC.

Maddrical

Wolfenstein hasn't really let me down for like 25 years. Its such a dumb series on it's face, but the games are always either good or great. It's really shocking to me looking back that this series has had a better overall run than Doom or Quake.

Very true. I picked up the 2009 game for like $5 a few years back and popped it in out of curiosity and was surprised by how much I enjoyed the game. It's not amazing but it's certainly not bad, it's just not really memorable. RTCW is of course a great game too.

Haven't seen anything for Thor, but haven the trailers been amazing? And he has short hair now???

tesqui

Yeah, it's pretty crazy there are soo many good looking games coming out in October. I've decided I'll unfortunately have to skip this for Odyssey. I'm definitely going to pick it up by the end of the year though.

Cannot check the previews right now. Do they mention if the complex level design / secrets / alternate path / optional infiltration is still there ?

Just because I felt like trying it.

Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus |OT| I'm Here To Kill Nazis and Drink Milkshakes, but I'm All Out of Milkshakes.

Tricky robots!
wolfenstein_2_robot_gif_by_digi_matrix-dbhzkuq.gif

Cannot check the previews right now. Do they mention if the complex level design / secrets / alternate path / optional infiltration is still there ?
There are even alternate paths when you're in the wheelchair XD

I haven't gotten a chance to really look at a lot of the new footage shown off, but from what I saw they finally made the one change that I felt needed to be changed.

.....picking up ammo and other stuff automatically just by getting near them. Sorry if it's going for that old school feel but it was suuuuuper annoying in The New Order. For a game that is about high intense action, I hated having to manually pick up ammo, armor and health. I'm fine with having to pick up armor and health for overdrive, but they really should be automatic pickups up untill you have full health. There are obviously games where picking up stuff does actually work, but for me TNO was worse off for it. (With my luck watch that there was an option for this and I never found it lol)

That was basically all I needed/wanted changed, so with that better this looks even better!

The New Order is one of my absolute favorite games, so I'm going to practice a little self-control and not watch every minute of these previews.

Even if I really, really want to.

Same here. I just watched the batman tv series parody with nazi hero and that was already too much. I would have enjoyed discovering that in the game.

I find it weird that this game is getting profite previewsand extensive walkthrough coverage when it comes out later than the evil within 2. Why isn't Bethesda showing anything in-depth on that? It comes out on the 13th!

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Not to the extent of coverage Wolf 2 is getting

I'd say its because Wolfenstein is a much more notable name and franchise than The Evil Within which is far more niche. Popular and all that but nowhere on the level of what Wolfenstein is and could be with how this game is received.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
Lol Nazi USA yet they still speak English?
Missed opportunity more like immersion breaking :(

I don't think an occupied territory is made to dismiss its entire language after being conquered...but I'm not 100% sure on that point.

Either way, the way Machine Games intertwines German/USA culture is amazing I reckon.

Not to the extent of coverage Wolf 2 is getting
It's got a lot more competition. TEW2 has the clever release date and is the only AAA horror game the rest of the year.

Wolfenstein comes out on the most crowded video game date of the year and is going up against huge games on several different platforms.

I can't remember but was 'Mein Leben' in The New Order? It seems like a step higher than the difficulty options in that game.

nope it wasnt if irecall it went death incarnate and then uber hero ?

think there's at least 2 extra difficulty there

wonder if this will be harder or easier then new order

both of my first playthros for old blood and new order were on Uber Hero

Aangster

I can't remember but was 'Mein Leben' in The New Order? It seems like a step higher than the difficulty options in that game.

'Mein Leben' was introduced in The Old Blood, accessible by beating the game on Uber. Like New Colossus, basically Uber without ability to save: it's all over the moment BJ dies.

'Mein Leben' was introduced in The Old Blood, accessible by beating the game on Uber. Like New Colossus, basically Uber without ability to save: it's all over the moment BJ dies.
Ah, thanks. That's pretty cool. I definitely remember The Old Blood being harder than TNO.

I know there is a mode in Doom like the one you describe.

Top Bottom