• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman texted "driving drunk woo" just before fatal crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

bms2993

Banned
Welp. That woman's life is ruined and she will have to live with the fact she killed an innocent passenger.. Damn drunk driving. Damn it to hell. :(

Ah, I see.. yeah.. some people were harsh, but there was a lot of kindness shown as well.

I feel bad for the girl in the OP personally; also she should be ashamed and face harsh penalties. The cultural influences in this country are a wicked mix at times.

Getting tboned by another car usually means it got hit on the side, I'm guessing that since driver survived, the truck hit the passenger side (all speculation on my part FYI)

Sad. I'm not going to say something like "she should have been the one to die" or any kind of celebration of hypothetical death, but goddamn was that an incredibly stupid thing to do and hopefully she gets the deserved charges for it.

Uber is the greatest thing ever so I don't understand why people do this.

My sister got a drunk Uber driver a few weeks ago.

So yeah...

kmax

There are very good reasons why you should never drive after drinking.

Her friends death is on her, and it will forever be over her shoulders for the rest of her life, along with a lengthy prison sentence.

Lives destroyed thanks to that decision.

riotous

Banned
Uber is the greatest thing ever so I don't understand why people do this.

Money for the most part. Also a lot of people commute from suburbs into cities to party. That gets expensive no matter how you travel by Taxi/Uber/etc.

Really considering the wide spread death of innocents due to drunk driving and other drunken behavior; we should do more about enforcing public drunkenness laws.

In most places on any given evening there is rampant law breaking occurring at bars. And bars are often supposed to be held accountable for accidents that are caused by someone getting drunk in their establishment; it's usually only a civil issue.. and only if the family of the victim bothers to sue.

entremet

Sad. I'm not going to say something like "she should have been the one to die" or any kind of celebration of hypothetical death, but goddamn was that an incredibly stupid thing to do and hopefully she gets the deserved charges for it.

My sister got a drunk Uber driver a few weeks ago.

So yeah...

I hope she reported him or her. You can do that.

I still find Uber pretty slick. But there is still a human element.

Ponn

Banned
It'd odd reading the responses in this thread and the other thread where a Gaffer is facing possible jail sentence for a DUI.

Yea I didn't touch that thread. I've been in too many group sessions with alcoholics trying to fool themselves and others and not telling the whole story. For him to be facing jail time there is something else going on.

We had someone literally driven off a bridge here and died by a woman with 3 DUI's last year. A couple months ago we had a hit and run with another death by a guy that had a couple DUI's and caused a previous accident years earlier while drunking. I used to believe DUI's were some major shit to have on your record but seeing this crap every week with people on the road with multiple DUI's has taught me it really is not taking very serious at all. These people obviously don't learn jack shit and keep on getting just slaps on the wrist which emboldens them to continue their behavior.

mackattk

Ban her from driving ever again and throw her in jail for a good amount of time. Fucking idiot.

It is so sad that the people who die because of these incidents are usually not the drunk driver themselves,instead it the people unfortunate enough to take part in the incident.

But then again.. YOLO WHOOOOO

EDIT: .178 alcohol level two hours after the accident. I don't know the specifics of how long it will take the body to process the alcohol, and the the alcohol level decrease/hour (I am sure it varies), but damn...

It's not just the drunk driving, which is abhorrent and something I am very serious about. It's the flaunting of her ignorance that tips the scale into anger and wanting her to be locked up for a long time.

I AM INVINSIBLE
It's sad that so many people think this way. Heck, my brother thinks this way (though, he doesn't drive drunk but he thinks he can do anything to himself and he's fine) and it worries me to the point where it's scary. Some people just have to learn the hard way, like killing their friend.

Jacobi

Banned
It's sad that so many people think this way. Heck, my brother thinks this way (though, he doesn't drive drunk but he thinks he can do anything to himself and he's fine) and it worries me to the point where it's scary. Some people just have to learn the hard way, like killing their friend.

Yeah, people somehow don't really grow out of puberty anymore

Two Words

Speeding leads to more accidents than driving under the influence, yet we have endless threads on here created by people defending their right to speed. This woman claiming not guilty is no different to me than people who think it's fine for them to speed.

They're both horrific and indefensible.
Yes, wreckless speed demons are also selfish assholes. Not seeing the contradiction here.

WinFonda

the nature of her texts makes me think this was some sort of attempted suicide / desperate cry for attention gone awry.

like one of those revenge suicides where it's meant to guilt someone, in this case her boyfriend.

if this is the case i bet she's still hoping her boyfriend feels responsible for her actions, which is now simply flat out murder.

rtcn63

she's got the eyebrow game

pretty depressing overall

First thing I noticed was the Sasha Grey brows

MwDWvR3.gif

I was going to say it was Darwinism' natural selection at it's best, but she ain't the one dead. Fuck her. She's a terrible fucking human being. Jump off a bridge bitch, dont take innocent people down with you if you want to die so badly.

I hope nobody that defends texting and driving has a problem with this.

There can't be a defense force for that.

Shame that it's always seems that the person at fault is the one who survives. But maybe that's a better punishment. To be alive to live through the consequences of what you did,

Mr-Joker

Banned
Dago has pleaded not guilty to DUI manslaughter, vehicular homicide and two counts of DUI with damage to a person.

Wut? :|

She should least have the decency to own up to the crime that she committed.

What a stupid woman.

I usually don't try to be completely heartless but I don't have an ounce of sympathy for this one. Drunk driving AND texting behind the wheel! I hope it was worth it, since now she has to live with the fact that she got her friend killed.

HardRojo

As if drunk driving wasn't stupid enough, you have to let people know you are doing it. If you know you are going to drink, you don't fucking drive! Use a cab, much cheaper than whatever cost you'll have to pay if something happens.

Chilikar

So she couldn't get the passenger in her car to text for her or something?

Just awful. :(

I assume she was too drunk (and selfish, really) to even think about passing the phone to the passenger. Somebody definitely should've stopped her before she decided to drive drunk, and called a taxi or something.

Allforce

1.78 two hours after the crash? She was mega loaded.

I really had no frame of reference for this other than knowing that .08 is the legal limit. I looked up one of those BAC calculators to get a rough estimate and put in what I could best recall drinking at a bachelor party last weekend and couldn't even get close to this number.

I mean I'm a 200 lb man and was drinking whiskey and beer pretty consistently from about 1 PM on til 1 AM but I can't imagine what this girl pounded down to get to .178 TWO HOURS after the crash. That's unreal.

Lunar FC

Just got rear end about 30 minutes ago by a lady who was obviously impared somehow. Could tell she was on something for awhile but couldn't get out of the way due to heavy traffic. Had two kids in the vehicle and drove off when I got out of my car. Doesn't really hit you how terrible some people are until it affects you.

PHOTOSHOP

This is why i rarely drive during late hours during the weekend. If i do i drive the speed limit and be extra cautious of my surroundings. If i see a car head lights in my rear view mirror im moving to another lane.

Sad thing is that it doesnt matter how good of a driver you are. Drunk drivers can come out of no where.

PreFire

Fucked up choices give you fucked up outcomes.

I feel so bad for the victims family, 22 years old and dies from something that was entirely avoidable.

It's one thing when people drive while drunk, and swear/believe they aren't even drunk. But this bitch knew she was drunk, decided to text while driving (which is a no-no even while sober), thought it was a joke and she's the one to survive in the car she was in.

Fuck manslaughter, she knew she was too drunk, this should be murder. Call a fucking cab. Getting your car towed would be the least of your worries.

What if she rode through a neighborhood full of kids? I fucking hate people who drink, get hammered beyond recognition, and decide it's ok to drive.

Confidence doesn't translate to enhanced motor skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom