• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Woman texted "driving drunk woo" just before fatal crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
So many people mentioning that the drunk driver always never dies....don't know if anyone's explained this yet but I've read it's because during a crash their body is much more limber while a sober person will stiffen up, and that makes the drunk person more likely to survive being tossed around in a car during a collision.

GHG

The sad thing about these things is the drunk driving idiot rarely dies. They kill their passengers or person in the other vehicles more often than not. It's a fucking joke that people think this is ok.

Lebron

she lived? wtf

The drunk ones doing the driving do a lot of times, sadly. I think it has to do with ethanols effect on the chemicals the body releases in those situations.

It sucks...Hope they throw the book at her. DD and texting? Get the hell out of here.

Dunkley

Talking about the drunk driver obviously.

I see, I just needed to clarify if you seriously thought being the passenger of a drunk driver was natural selection, or if you just didn't read the OP past the thread title.

Given that you think I spoke of the person she crashed into, who survived the crash along with the drunk driver, I can safely assume it's just the latter.

Why rent a car to drunk drive? Surely the daily rate of a cab/uber would have to be cheaper?

So many bad decisions.

Fake edit, a standard rental costs about $60/day from Enterprise coming out of Miami airport. Plus insurance and gas and parking.

The Lamp

There are texts where she's BRAGGING about it?

Lock her up and throw away the key. What a monster. Poor victim.

She did? The truck driver she t-boned, right?

Edit- I read the full article at the link; it was her passenger. God damn. I'm glad the other innocent in the truck she hit survived.

From the article, it sounds like she was sarcastically antagonizing her boyfriend for making her drive to him drunk: "I'll be dead thanks to you."

That obviously doesn't excuse anything, but it makes her sound like less of a braggart and more like just your classic idiot.

I had a friend who bragged to me about how he drove drunk two times, while coming home from parties. He'd do it in our not-so-small hometown, and actually had a cop appear across the road from him once.

He was proud of it. That he was able to do it. What the fuck?

I also have a cousin, who people have always liked, who jokingly commented about how easy it was to drive drunk from his place to his friend's whenever he needed to. I just shook my head.

Tigress

It sucks her friend died for her extreme idiocy/callousness but at least it was some one who will give Her a guilt trip for the rest of her life. That will probably be better punishment than anything anyone else can do to her. Still, it always sucks that if some one has to die in a drunk driving accident it never seems to be the drunk driver (I'm not saying that I think the driver should die but if some one does one would wish it would at least be the person who chose to drive dangerously).

Fucked up, but this is stupid:

Since the crash, Reinoso’s relatives filed suit against her and Car2Go, saying the company should have safeguards in place to prevent drunk drivers from renting unattended cars on the street.

I mean this is typical, frivolous "let's sue everyone involved" bullshit from the lawyer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom