• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF is going on with FF Type-0?

shink

0f9d51fd742afe89eaaeaff427816c9d.jpg

Basically.

3DS games sell like shit as well, not really sure if that's at all the better alternative.
In Japan there's no question 3DS has a huge advantage over Vita. It's like PS2 vs Gamecube over there.

In the US, 3DS is also starting to show a notable sales advantage, though not as overwhelming. As of June:

PlayStation Vita Top 20:

01. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
02. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
03. Unit 13
04. MLB: The Show 12
05. Modnation Racers: Road Trip
06. FIFA Soccer 12
07. WipEout 2048
08. Mortal Kombat
09. Rayman Origins
10. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
11. Resistance: Burning Skies
12. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
13. Gravity Rush
14. Little Deviants
15. Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
16. Metal Gear Solid qHD Collection
17. Lumines: Electronic Symphony
18. Dynasty Warriors Next
19. Ridge Racer
20. Touch My Katamari!

Nintendo 3DS Top 20:

01. Super Mario 3D Land
2m
02. Mario Kart 7
1.5m
03. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D
1m
04. Pokemon Rumble Blast
05. Star Fox 64 3D
06. Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
07. Kid Icarus: Uprising
08. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
09. Pilotwings Resort
10. Sonic Generations
11. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
12. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
13. Nintendogs + cats: French Bulldog & New Friends
14. Nintendogs + cats: Golden Retriever & New Friends
15. Nintendogs + cats: Toy Poodle & New Friends
16. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
17. Resident Evil: Revelations
18. Asphalt 3D
19. Rayman 3D
20. Super Monkey Ball 3D

Cornbread78

In Japan there's no question 3DS has a huge advantage over Vita. It's like PS2 vs Gamecube over there.

In the US, 3DS is also starting to show a notable sales advantage, though not as overwhelming. As of June:

PlayStation Vita Top 20:

01. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
02. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
03. Unit 13
04. MLB: The Show 12
05. Modnation Racers: Road Trip
06. FIFA Soccer 12
07. WipEout 2048
08. Mortal Kombat
09. Rayman Origins
10. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
11. Resistance: Burning Skies
12. Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus
13. Gravity Rush
14. Little Deviants
15. Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
16. Metal Gear Solid qHD Collection
17. Lumines: Electronic Symphony
18. Dynasty Warriors Next
19. Ridge Racer
20. Touch My Katamari!

I'm crying.... Sad sad sad if the numbers are true. Also very sad no Disgaea II on the list, I guess I'll never see Disgaea IV on VITA...

VITA needs a price drop for the holidays, like.. now...

Nintendo 3DS Top 20:

06. Super Street Fighter IV: 3D Edition
08. LEGO Star Wars III: The Clone Wars
10. Sonic Generations
11. Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure
12. Mario & Sonic at the London 2012 Olympic Games
16. LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean
17. Resident Evil: Revelations
18. Asphalt 3D
19. Rayman 3D
20. Super Monkey Ball 3D

3rd party software hardly sets sales records on 3DS.

Also Vita list is only part of picture as it lacks DD.

Takao

Banned
Yuzo, this isn't a sales age thread you know that right?

I'm crying.... Sad sad sad if the numbers are true. Also very sad no Disgaea II on the list, I guess I'll never see Disgaea IV on VITA...

It's Disgaea 3 that's on Vita, and don't worry, you'll see Disgaea 4 on it.

3rd party software hardly sets sales records on 3DS.

Also Vita list is only part of picture as it lacks DD.
It's not about setting records, it's about a comparison of software markets between platforms. And even in terms of 3rd party sales, 3DS still slaughters Vita.

3DS also has digital games unrepresented.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Who cares about FF Type-0 since they haven't announced a localization?

I think the better question is: Where the hell is Persona 2: Eternal Punishment. They released Innocent Sin in the west, FFS. Make the complete Persona 2 story available on one platform, Atlus!

Cornbread78

Yuzo, this isn't a sales age thread you know that right?

It's Disgaea 3 that's on Vita, and don't worry, you'll see Disgaea 4 on it.

Yeah, I forgot an "I" So, do you knwo something...hmmmm? Heard some rumors you would like to share? Disgaea III is still, by far, my most played game on VITA, it's not even close......I actually haven't even spend a sizable amount of time on the others other than Dungeon Hunter, LBP and a little on Gravity Rush.

Or WTF is going on with Square Enix?

There have been about 10 threads on this subject in the past year and not 1 good valid answer has come out of it at this point. I think Kagari said somethign about them transferrign focus from 1 game to teh next and right now it's n FFIV again, so yeah, nothing from SE.. Eidos on the other hand...

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
As people have pointed out previously - at least Type-0 is completed and shipped.

People who would like to play a good FF game? I read about the ending, etc. and game does things 100000x better than FFXIII did. I would like to play it.

Read the novels. I even have them summarized in english.

Yeah, I forgot an "I" So, do you knwo something...hmmmm? Heard some rumors you would like to share? Disgaea III is still, by far, my most played game on VITA, it's not even close......I actually haven't even spend a sizable amount of time on the others other than Dungeon Hunter, LBP and a little on Gravity Rush.

It costs so little to make and port Disgaea games you are guaranteed to see the next one on PS3/PSV.

Read the novels. I even have them summarized in english.

Link pls.

jaxword

Simple solution is to have GAF donate enough money to have someone arrange for a meeting with S-E's American division president and donate all the money towards the localization.

Money is the only thing that talks.

Go_Ly_Dow

As Duckroll once said, Type-0 could possibly be the most expensive portable game to date.

Maybe they didn't make much of a return in Japan and aren't willing to take the risk with a Western release, unless the Vita's situation changes.

Perkel

Banned
As Duckroll once said, Type-0 could possibly be the most expensive portable game to date.

Maybe they didn't make much of a return in Japan and aren't willing to take the risk with a Western release, unless the Vita's situation changes.

In my opinion they are working on 3DS version right now and when it will be completed they will release it both on PSP and 3DS

That should make it even more reasons to release it to as many markets as possible.

JaseMath

People would be wise to just forget about everything SE has said this gen about FF where it doesn't concern Lightning.

sega4ever

whats so hard about rendering at a higher resolution set fps to 60 and dumping this game digitally on ios, 3ds, vita, ps3, 360, wiiu and steam? they already made the game, already invested money in localizing so just do a quick and dirty port to these systems. if they are worried about it looking like a last gen game just make up some label or brand for ported games.

call it final fantasy anthologies series and use this game to test if this will turn a profit. then you can reuse that ffX hd port, crisis core or whatever else.

JorSneezy

Banned
Word was they were going to port to Vita and Westwrn markets would get that version, but that has reportedly been canned. Last chance might be Sony funding Vita port to get software on their handheld.

What have to do FF XIV with the localisation of one game...unless blaming SE things to FF XIV become some kind of meme I was unaware of.

With the amount of staff and resources SE threw into fixing FFXIV, we can assume they completely stalled several projects in the process. Especially since the new content of the game also needs localization since it's already released internationally.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
What have to do FF XIV with the localisation of one game...unless blaming SE things to FF XIV become some kind of meme I was unaware of.

Type 0 team outside of Tabata might have been pulled to help with the XIV team effort.

Probably finished Type-1 framework and got drafted.

Takao

Banned

As Castor said, they're a very economical developer/publisher. We may not see any exclusive games on Vita (outside of the occasional visual novel I guess) from them, but ports? Yeah, NIS will deliver that. NIS Japan were pleased with D3 Vita's Japanese sales, and NIS America sounded like they weren't unpleased about it either when discussing the platform recently.

Cornbread78

Word was they were going to port to Vita and Westwrn markets would get that version, but that has reportedly been canned. Last chance might be Sony funding Vita port to get software on their handheld.

In my opinion they are working on 3DS version right now and when it will be completed they will release it both on PSP and 3DS

It appears that SE has been working with Nintendo much more as of late, so a 3DS release sounds very plausible.

More reason to launch as a upgraded digital download in the west at least.

As Castor said, they're a very economical developer/publisher. We may not see any exclusive games on Vita (outside of the occasional visual novel I guess) from them, but ports? Yeah, NIS will deliver that. NIS Japan were pleased with D3 Vita's Japanese sales, and NIS America sounded like they weren't unpleased about it either when discussing the platform recently.

Well that's good to hear at least. Hopefully, they can work it out to get D4 on VITA at some point. I wonder what the production/conversion costs were for D3, I wish they would share with other devs to see if it could be done for more RPGs.

Apparently a failure that is Wada thought it will be great to throw every team to fix FFXIV approx. 1000 employees.So now everything is most likely on hold.

Top Bottom