• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redshirt

Banned
White XB1 for my bedroom. Now I just need a practical way to extend my Live account beyond two XB1s. And what about external hard drive support?

SpecDotSign

Unconfirmed Member
Who knows. It's good new but I don't get where the megaton comments are coming from. It was pretty just release dates and another Halo and Forza (surprise!) and Crackdown 3 years now. maybe I missed something
You and I, my friend, are unpopular with this kind of thinking.
My train of thought is, even though these are leaks, they seem pretty legit. Why are people getting excited for these announcements though. I want new stuff. Not re hashes and an old shooter.

Hawk269

I wish a White Xbox One with a 1TB HDD would be released. I also hope that the big March update will bring us the ability to use External HDD's with the system...if that happens, that can keep me from getting a white Xbox One.

I don't have any inside info, but if some of you think this is "all" that MS has planned, you are delusional. I personally think there are other games, new IPP or other still kept under wraps.

All in all, this news has been pretty good imho. We need more details on some stuff, but outside of that pretty good information.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Does the X1's optical drive really cost $100? -____ -

No, but they will make more money with a only digital console.
So I think is very plausible.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Whats wrong with that? As long as it plays different. Crackdown has shooting and its nothing like others.

Well for those of us kinda tired of shooters I can think of a whole lot thats wrong with it.

Outside of Halo 2 which is a megaton for me if they keep that MP intact is anyone really surprised by that list. It's the most by the numbers list of games possible.

Not really.

In fact, it's surprising that Crack3 and Gears4 looks to be 2016 instead of 2015. If true, then MS really blew their load in terms of 'we're teasing stuff so far ahead.'

I can see these announcements bumming 360->PS4 only guys.....

Why though? More Halo/Gears/Halo/Fable and Kinect? MS' over reliance on those IPs is a reason a lot of people have jumped ship to PS. If this was a controlled leak I don't think it's having the effect they hoped

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
My train of thought is, even though these are leaks, they seem pretty legit. Why are people getting excited for these announcements though. I want new stuff. Not re hashes and an old shooter.

It's basically e3 guys, there's exciting stuff in that there is some concrete info when stuff is coming out, but overall it's just the volume of the information.

Nafai1123

Banned
No ODD sounds like a stupid way for MS to lower the price through perceived value, even though the drive only costs them $5. "$399 XB1 without the disc drive? What a good deal!" Yeah right. Would probably bite on a $299 or $349 white XB1 in a year or two, but not without a disc drive.

Bgamer90

Banned

There are new IPs. Project Spark, Quantum Break, Sunset Overdrive, and apparently more to be announced/shown at E3.

But overall, is it surprising that people will be pumped for a console's most well known exclusives? It's like criticizing Nintendo fans for being excited for a new Zelda.

It's pretty worrying that our new demi-god won't go out of his own way to drop some new IP bombs on us.

It's either that or there is none of note.

artist

Banned
Why though? More Halo/Gears/Halo/Fable and Kinect? MS' over reliance on those IPs is a reason a lot of people have jumped ship to PS. If this was a controlled leak I don't think it's having the effect they hoped
Nostalgia.

As for controlled or not, I dont think its controlled. Sure, it's going to get them some good press but pretty sure they wanted to make some noise (on TV, print, online) while doing it ..

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
No ODD sounds like a stupid way for MS to lower the price through perceived value, even though the drive only costs them $5. "$399 XB1 without the disc drive? What a good deal!" Yeah right. Would probably bite on a $299 or $349 white XB1 in a year or two, but not without a disc drive.

Percieved value? No BR drive included therefore how the hell could it be called "the all in one"?

Well for those of us kinda tired of shooters I can think of a whole lot thats wrong with it.

Ok so what are you excited for on the ps4?

Joco

So just going off the OP, a new $399 SKU is a possibility but it has no optical drive? The hell, Microsoft? You were supposed to axe Kinect, not the ability to play discs. If this is true, Microsoft has seriously fucked up.

Lynn616

true, but i dont think people who are primarily interested in tv and media consumption would want to have a headset on all the time to be able to pause their movies or change the channel. i could be mistaken. but the kinect-less SKU doesnt make any sense to me. im guessing microsoft thinks similarly.

anyway, lots of cool info in this thread. youve got people on here trying to downplay a lot of this stuff, sure, but honestly, halo 2, and new forza horizon and crackdown have me pumped. bring them on i say

I agree that I would not buy a Kinectless SKU because I would not want to have the headset on for the voice commands. Some people would not mind the headset if it means $100 less.

So just going off the OP, a new $399 SKU is a possibility but it has no optical drive? The hell, Microsoft? You were supposed to axe Kinect, not the ability to play discs. If this is true, Microsoft has seriously fucked up.

He said maybe a no optical drive sku but never said what price it would be.

Jack Torrance

Neo Member
So this is Microsoft strategy to combat Cboat?

My thoughts exactly. It's all a little "too" good news, hitting a lot of fan boy wish lists / complaints (HALO incoming! Lower priced XBone SKU! FORZA with stuff that should've been included the first time around!) - definitely reeks of a planned, strategic leak to gauge reaction.

Still, a lower priced XBone would be nice... I might bite at $399.

ironcreed

Banned
If they also lower prices for digital games like they have been talking about, then they can take that optical drive and flush it for all I care. I am mainly digital now anyway.

No but I think its going to be very very focused on shooting. Therefore a shooter.

I expect the gameplay to be a lot closer to Ratchet and Clank than Resistance. I think the weapons will have a lot of variety and there will be far more emphasis on platforming than the games that we call "shooters." You do a lot of shooting in Crackdown, but I do not consider Crackdown a "shooter."

CoG

Being a Halo/Gears/Fable/shooter/Kinect factory got the 360 neck-and-neck with the oft-maligned PS3 last gen and that's with a year head start and god knows how many million being RRoD replacement units.

They're just repeating last gen's strategy but this time against a much, much more formidable Playstation.

They are again selling to the audience they saturated last gen. Do what you know best I guess?

Nafai1123

Banned
Percieved value? No BR drive included therefore how the hell could it be called "the all in one"?

Perceived value as in "hey, we don't want people to think our console isn't worth what we're charging, so let's drop the ODD as an excuse to charge less." And of course it wouldn't be all in one anymore, nor would it be a good deal.

vg260

No optical disc drive model is awful, even for $100 less. That's insulting. Not to mention, I like digital games, but I still want to rent. Screw that.

ntkrnl said:
"Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad."

url-21.gif

Pretty selfish way of looking at it. You're stealing a lot of thunder from Microsoft's announcements. From a marketing perspective, the logic is shit too. If you leak this info early, media is less inclined to make a big deal of it when formally announced - really detracts from that ever-so-important element of surprise. You're doing Xbox no favors.

daman824

It's pretty worrying that our new demi-god won't go out of his own way to drop some new IP bombs on us.

It's either that or there is none of note.
Sounds like he actually enjoys working for microsoft and actually wants them to succeed and to remain employed. He could give out everything he knows, but then he would be in big trouble. He's more or less confirming what people were thinking outside of halo 2 anniversary and crackdown.

I can see ms getting a bit annoyed at the 1tb system announcement though. Some people will probably hold off on a purchase now.

Halo 2 Anniversary with online would fix 1's biggest mistake in not including online for that. So that's a good news thing if true. But honestly, that isn't enough to make me buy the system. I'd rather that leaked SteamDB port of Halo 1-3 come to Steam with possible Steamworks and online play than pay for MS's new console AND online fees to play Halo 2 online again when GfWL shuts down the Halo 2 Vista port. :/
Yea pretty much...I know I'm somewhat biased towards Japanese games and RPGs but if this news is "bombs" then it just confirms I won't be needing an x1 anytime soon. Same thing for socom2 hd would love for it to happen but a system seller? I think us forum goers equate what's popular on here to real life sales. Good to see some owners happy with the rumors but this box is clearly not targeted at me...if ps4 for two years are anything like this I might vomit. So done with shooters...

joecanada

Pretty much this. Who didn't expect Halo?Or Sunset Overdirve, QB etc were already announced anyway?

The only real 'news' is Crackdown 3
in 2016

crackdown 3 is not really a surprise it's been rumoured forever plus the 3 behind it ... LOL jk ...
Also Crackdown 2 was possibly the worst 360 game I ever played so unless they revamp the entire game from the ground up... yeah, it's definitely a wait and see.... also 2+ years away? we could have fallout 4 by then.

Minions

$399 model with no BR drive seems pretty crappy.... All in One Box, with TV.... but can't play your collection of bluray movies, and must buy games/movies at higher prices than retail.... seems pretty awful.

If that is their solution... I think it is even worse than selling the Kinect separately.

ironcreed

Banned
No optical disc drive model is awful, even for $100 less. That's insulting. Not to mention, I like digital games, but I still want to rent. Screw that.

I forgot about Gamefly. I only sub for a few months at a time anyway. But what they really need to get on is lowering prices for digital games. And we know that they are discussing it, so there is hope for that.

Sounds like he actually enjoys working for microsoft and actually wants them to succeed and to remain employed. He could give out everything he knows, but then he would be in big trouble. He's more or less confirming what people were thinking outside of halo 2 anniversary and crackdown.

It's just not that exciting to me to read the obvious... confirmed.

I want to be excited about the future and not just see what everyone expects. You truthfully can't say this is stuff is super surprising.

(Outside of the white Xbox One, that is neat.)

El_Chino

"Plus, this is such exciting stuff, and me talking about it ahead of time isn't going to hurt anything, truthfully. We're all chomping at the bit for it to come out. This is not bad."

url-21.gif

Pretty selfish way of looking at it. You're stealing a lot of thunder from M$'s announcements. From a marketing perspective, the logic is shit too. If you leak this info early, media is less inclined to make a big deal of it when formally announced.
That's still a thing? And no one complained about other insiders dropping bombs so I could see why he thinks of it that way. Plus, it's all good fun for us gamers.

E92 M3

crackdown 3 is not really a surprise it's been rumoured forever plus the 3 behind it ... LOL jk ...
Also Crackdown 2 was possibly the worst 360 game I ever played so unless they revamp the entire game from the ground up... yeah, it's definitely a wait and see.... also 2+ years away? we could have fallout 4 by then.

I think Crackdown 2 was developed under a year. Ruffian had a lot of good ideas, but they were very rushed. Crackdown 1 is still one of my favorite games. I remember first popping it in -- the feeling of euphoria and freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom