• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XBONE LEAKS EVERYWHERE: Halo2 HD Nov2014; Halo5/Fable 2015; Crack3 2016, new SKUs...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the mother of all leaks. Wow, it's insane to know about all this high level stuff long before we're supposed to. Now, someone leak The Order 1886 gameplay ASAP!

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Also lol at all the people praising the DD only but completely ignoring that if that's the case DRM has returned with a vengeance.

edit-

WHAT? Who said anything about a PS4?

My bad I just assumed you were dumping on the Bones lineup for being full of shooters in sonys defense,

USC-fan

Banned
Pretty awesome stuff. Love the $399! They need a price drop big time.

Now just get media center into the console and i will buy it at $399.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
My bad I just assumed you were dumping on the Bones lineup for being full of shooters in sonys defense,

I'd like you to give me a step by step replay of your mental activity during this time.

Also lol at all the people praising the DD only but completely ignoring that if that's the case DRM has returned with a vengeance.

edit-

If the DD only sku happens i am sure there will be another one with a drive.

ironcreed

Banned

I don't think they are going to get rid of the SKU that has the drive. It's just an option for those who want to go all digital.

Slashlen

The $399 box sounds like the plan to bring the DRM back, it's just that instead of messing with physical games they're doing away with them entirely.

joecanada

I think Crackdown 2 was developed under a year. Ruffian had a lot of good ideas, but they were very rushed. Crackdown 1 is still one of my favorite games. I remember first popping it in -- the feeling of euphoria and freedom.

I've heard that so I will definitely check 3 out... but 2 was tragic, seriously an xbox og could easily run that game... graphics were atrocious.

So QuantumBreak, Halo Anniversary 2 and Forza Horizon 2 for the holidays.
Thats very good.

Sony needs to show something because right now they only have TheOrder1886 for the holidays.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
I'd like you to give me a step by step replay of your mental activity during this time.

? Are you really struggling to understand why I thought you were coming to the defense of the ps4? This entire thread is basically one big console war. I truthfully meant my bad, sorry I misinterpreted your post.

That's still a thing? And no one complained about other insiders dropping bombs so I could see why he thinks of it that way. Plus, it's all good fun for us gamers.

Ha! I didn't even realize I spelled it that way - force of habit.

What other "bombs" are you referring to? Because I can't think of any in recent memory that basically spelled out an entire console manufacturers plans for the next 3 years. It seems to me the leak just wanted his / her 15 minutes.

Bgamer90

Banned

FYI, there are many people with Xbox Ones that are buying their content digitally now. A new SKU without a disc drive isn't going to replace the one with it. You can also play digitally downloaded games while offline.

So no, it really isn't anywhere close to "(pre-launch) DRM returning with a vengeance".

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
FYI, there are many people with Xbox Ones that are buying their content digitally now. A new SKU without a disc drive isn't going to replace the one with it. You can also play digitally downloaded games while offline.

So no, it really isn't anywhere close to "(pre-launch) DRM returning with a vengeance".

I mean I may be off but I just can't see that being microsofts plan going forward.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
? Are you really struggling to understand why I thought you were coming to the defense of the ps4? This entire thread is basically one big console war. I truthfully meant my bad, sorry I misinterpreted your post.

Oh no, I understand why you would assume that. I'm not struggling at all.

i-Lo

So, is this an intentional dissemination of information disguised as leak?

Also, why isn't there a single new IP from MS?

AngryMoth

I'm not well versed on such matters but wouldn't a SKU without an optical drive massively piss off retailers? Will be interesting to see how that goes if it comes to pass.

Silky

Banned
Also, why isn't there a single new IP from MS?

Can we rephrase this into something else? How about:

"Why isn't there a single new IP from MS's first party studios?" Because asking why isn't there a new IP in general doesn't make sense given the immediate examples.

EL CUCO

Wow finally caught up. Surprised to see it isn't locked. If this was Cboat thread, surely it'd be under marshall law.

ironcreed

Banned
I mean I may be off but I just can't see that being microsofts plan going forward.

They are not bringing the always online DRM bullshit back and they even have said as much. It would be suicide. This will merely be an option for those who want to go all digital and that's it. That said, digital is going to be the way going forward and there is really no stopping it. But discs are still here to stay this gen. Relax.

shandy706

Forza Horizon: "Fall 2014, probably September. Super sexy weather system and... shit tons of co-op/social stuff. 1080P and open-world, so you can road trip with your bros." Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

White Xbone incoming. If $399 will buy second X1

Quantum Break is Holiday 2014 Awesome

Black Tusk cancelled project was called "Shangheist". Hope this comes out one day in some form.

No Crackdown 3 news this year most likely, since it's a 2016 title. Wish it was coming soon :(

No info/idea on what Rare's up to, sadly. Darn!

$399 XB1 this year? "Maybe one without an Optical Disc Drive." Hope it includes a white one.

RoKKeR

Damn, Verge adding some serious weight to these rumors. Those guys are incredibly professional, probably the best tech/culture/news website out there. (IMO)

What an exciting day.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
They are not bringing the always online DRM bullshit back and they even have said as much. It would be suicide. This will merely be an option for those who want to go all digital and that's it. That said, digital is going to be the way going forward and there is really no stopping it, but discs are still here to stay this gen. Relax.

Obviously there's no stopping it, I just don't see them producing the two at the same two I may be off though.

Finalizer

Well goddamn. Seems like every time I come back to this thread, there's at least two or three new bits of info. Assuming it's all legit, what a juicy meal of info~

April launch would be sooner than I expected.
Surprised they're still investing in Crackdown after the second one. But if this one's good I guess I won't particularly mind.
Forza Horizon as in 2? Cool.
Quantum Break is Holiday 2014
Sunset Overdrive is Fall 2014
Although there's certainly room for delays to happen, that's nice to hear. Thought at least Quantum Break was 2015 for sure.

So far 2014 is looking pretty darn compelling to me. Beyond this year though, this leaked stuffs doesn't exactly leave me burning with passion. Not convinced by Fable or Crackdown, never really cared for Halo or Gears.

Interested to see how Sunset Overdrive plays, hope we see some gameplay of that soon. Quantum Break is a lock for me because Remedy. Halo 2 Anniversary is great news, can't wait to replay the campaign (and hopefully multiplayer) with remastered visuals. A lot of news here to digest, interested to see how everything pans out over the course of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom